Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

I am newly back on CM and thought it would be fun to see who was active and engage in a few forums. I am shocked and very saddened to see what I am finding. There is a lot of unkindness and very heated conversations. It used to be fun, a great way to interact and meet people, something I looked forward to checking out. Have people lost sight of why they are here? Sigh....

02/25/2013 new

(Quote) Michelle-443439 said: I am newly back on CM and thought it would be fun to see who was active and engage in a few fo...
(Quote) Michelle-443439 said:

I am newly back on CM and thought it would be fun to see who was active and engage in a few forums. I am shocked and very saddened to see what I am finding. There is a lot of unkindness and very heated conversations. It used to be fun, a great way to interact and meet people, something I looked forward to checking out. Have people lost sight of why they are here? Sigh....

--hide--
In 'Culture and Current Events,' it's every man/woman for him/herself because it's largely political. That particular topic room can get pretty brutal, and some other rooms can get a little heated too. Catholics, like any other faith, can disagree on various topics but it can be done without getting ugly. I have to remind myself on occasion to keep it civil. You are right- we need to support and encourage each other. Kindness should be our watchword. theheart

02/25/2013 new

(Quote) Michelle-443439 said: I am newly back on CM and thought it would be fun to see who was active and engage in a few fo...

--hide--
I think society as a whole has become more hardened and don't think of other people's feelings. Some people have the idea that they really can't hurt somebody's feelings on the internet or through texts since there is no physical or vocal interaction. I'm an optimist and I pray that it changes and we all remember why we are here. Not just on CM but here on earth...To love and worship God Our Father through Our Lord And Savior Jesus Christ.

02/25/2013 new

I try to keep my mouthing off here to a charitable minimum. There are other, larger Catholic forums where I can have a good ole rail. Forums that I don't have to spend money to join.

I do note that some people may misunderstand the feeling of my syntax. NZLers are kinda blunt and what I say is oftentimes seen as angry by foreign nats.

But yeah, dating site, people should be nice and such.

Jollification.

02/25/2013 new

What these forums need is Lisa-2533.......but.......she went and got married...

....most of you probably have no idea who I'm talking about...

02/25/2013 new

I do not know Lisa. Tell us about her. What did she bring that made an impression on you?

02/25/2013 new
(Quote) Michelle-443439 said: I do not know Lisa. Tell us about her. What did she bring that made an impression on you?

I do not know Lisa. Tell us about her. What did she bring that made an impression on you?

--hide--

Her great sense of humor and kindness to others!
02/25/2013 new

I think I would have like her!

02/25/2013 new

(Quote) Michelle-443439 said: I do not know Lisa. Tell us about her. What did she bring that made an impression on you? ...

--hide--

Hmmm...Lisa....well...incredibly poor taste in music....ok...I guess...at giving advice....pretty good at starting some really inane threads.....I really can't think of anything else....

......actually....maybe it's better she's gone....though I really wish she were here to read this....

02/25/2013 new
(Quote) Jim-50634 said: What these forums need is Lisa-2533.......but.......she went and got married... ....most of you...
(Quote) Jim-50634 said:

What these forums need is Lisa-2533.......but.......she went and got married...

....most of you probably have no idea who I'm talking about...

--hide--

Jim, i know who you're talking about. and why weren't you at the wedding? they missed you and i looked forward to meeting you.
Posts 1 - 10 of 64