Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Mar 5th 2013 new

Don't buy sausage in the store.....simply don't. It's terrible. Try to find local makers. Actually the worst wurst I've ever had was at a farmer's market in Minneapolis....that's where I've also had the worst Sauerkraut....I'm pretty sure those people never grew up on a farm. Don't get it made from boar or from a pig that was in heat.....it not only stinks but is so strong you will never get the smell out of your skillet.

Mar 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Tom-54311 said: (Quote) Beverly-936499 said: Is that what they call it on Lak...
(Quote) Tom-54311 said:

Quote:
Beverly-936499 said:

Is that what they call it on Lake Wobegon?

No, those crazy protestants on Lake Wobegon call everything a hotdish. They are just a bunch of loony, leftist, Lutheran, Lutefisk eaters!

Its tough growing up Catholic in this state!!

--hide--

You said it, Tom! crazy lutefisk, which should never be eaten under any circumsatance.

Mar 5th 2013 new

Usually I just put ketchup on my hot dog (and maybe diced onions). But I like chili dogs as well.

But kielbasa and kraut is the best! (The cafeteria at work tortured us Catholics last Friday by having kielbasa as the daily special ..... it smelled soooooo good! And I couldn't have any! hissyfit )

Mar 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Edward-4511 said: Usually I just put ketchup on my hot dog (and maybe diced onions). But I like chili dogs as well.<...
(Quote) Edward-4511 said:

Usually I just put ketchup on my hot dog (and maybe diced onions). But I like chili dogs as well.

But kielbasa and kraut is the best! (The cafeteria at work tortured us Catholics last Friday by having kielbasa as the daily special ..... it smelled soooooo good! And I couldn't have any! )

--hide--

Ketchup on a hot dog?????? shocked

They similarly tortured me at work two Fridays ago, they had Coney Island dogs with the awesome coney sauce from the local Coney irked ... but then, that's the trouble with working for a Lutheran company laughing

Mar 18th 2013 new

Mustard & relish

The chili dogs at Dairy Queen are delicious. Could put cheese on them & onions if you wish.

Mar 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Theresa-911246 said: I put ketchup sweet relish and a little bit of mustard. I've had chilly dogs too and the wa...
(Quote) Theresa-911246 said:

I put ketchup sweet relish and a little bit of mustard. I've had chilly dogs too and the way the chilly and cheese melt together between a soft bun, its so good.

--hide--

When reading all of this, all I could think of was spending a sunny summer day at the Great American Ballpark in Cincinnati, watching the Reds play while eating a couple of Skyline Cheese Coneys. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... biggrin

From Skyline's website:

Cheese Coney: Skyline's classic Cheese Coney is a specially-made hot dog in a steamed bun, covered with our original, secret-recipe chili, diced onions, and a mound of shredded cheddar cheese.

Man, now I'm missing Cincinnati-style (sweet) chili, and the nearest Skyline Chili is in Clearwater, FL, over 150 miles away... irked laughing

Mar 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Steve-111719 said: From Skyline's website:Cheese Coney: Skyline's classic Cheese Coney ...
(Quote) Steve-111719 said:

From Skyline's website:
Cheese Coney: Skyline's classic Cheese Coney is a specially-made hot dog in a steamed bun, covered with our original, secret-recipe chili, diced onions, and a mound of shredded cheddar cheese.

Man, now I'm missing Cincinnati-style (sweet) chili, and the nearest Skyline Chili is in Clearwater, FL, over 150 miles away...

--hide--

Thanks, Steve, for reminding me about Skyline Chili--yum!

In the northwest corner of Indiana (otherwise known as The Region), there was a place called Bozo's that served awesome hotdogs--similar to Chicago style. If I remember correctly, there were cucumber slices instead of sport peppers. It's been a lot of years since I had one!

Mar 19th 2013 new

I am a plain jane... I like my hotdogs with nothing on it, just the hotdog and the bun for me please biggrin

Apr 4th 2013 new

Sonoran dog? ok, but leave off the mayo. yuck!

Apr 4th 2013 new

I like pickle relish, onions, Ketchup, and cajun seasoning salt

Posts 71 - 80 of 85