Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Feb 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-945928 said: I am reaching out to those on this site who share the feeling that life is beautiful. It isn&...
(Quote) Elizabeth-945928 said:

I am reaching out to those on this site who share the feeling that life is beautiful. It isn't easy and for some, our cross is heavy and we help Jesus carry His cross. At times, we feel we are Simon , as we should be and are called to do so...my friend shared she wants to abort her baby because it doesn't fit into her ten year plan, she doesn't want to "derail" the father. She claims the baby would have a terrible life. I spoke to her about it, options, what is 9 months, the aftermath, but she doesn't want to listen. She has desensitized the choice but for me, I feel everyone has a purpose, they just have to be open to it. Life is a gift and her baby could be a gift to a family. I am reaching out to those who will help storm Heaven for this life.
Thank you

--hide--
If I were in your shoes I would offer to adopt her baby or help find her a home. You have no easy task trying to cousel your friend knowing what she may do. My older sister had two miscarriages and my younger sister had three. Through not their fault, they lost children and felt a deep sense of responsibility for it. The idea that someone would end life intentionally is even sadder. I pray for her to make the right decision. I also pray for your strength to nurture her when she makes her decision.

Feb 28th 2013 new

Praying Praying Praying

Feb 28th 2013 new

St. Gerard Majella pray for the unborn. rosary Praying

Feb 28th 2013 new

I actually told her to watch October Baby! Thank you so much... Praying this weighs heavy on my heart, what if I can't save God's baby?

Feb 28th 2013 new

I am unempolyed, living with my parents and did offer to adopt and offered families to adopt. I hope she sees how much her gift would mean to others....

Feb 28th 2013 new
(Quote) Elizabeth-945928 said: I actually told her to watch October Baby! Thank you so much... this weighs heavy on my heart, what if I ...

I actually told her to watch October Baby! Thank you so much... this weighs heavy on my heart, what if I can't save God's baby?

--hide--

Only God can save this baby, so I join you in prayers for all involved!
Feb 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-945928 said: I am unempolyed, living with my parents and did offer to adopt and offered families to adopt....

I am unempolyed, living with my parents and did offer to adopt and offered families to adopt. I hope she sees how much her gift would mean to others....

--hide--
Elizabeth Your a true friend. angel

Feb 28th 2013 new

Thank you all for your prayers and support, I feel the grace in my heart and will continue to help my friend. This decision scares me because no one ever shared this idea with me nor have I known someone to have an abortion. I feel like if she goes through with it, I didn't save God's baby. I was on the March for Life this year and it moved me profoundly. It was the coldest day of the year and thousands stood up, old, young, little babies. There were women who had abortions sharing their pain. Men who had lost babies to abortion.
Thank you for your support and prayers rosary Praying theheart

Feb 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-945928 said: I am reaching out to those on this site who share the feeling that life is beautiful. It isn&...

I am reaching out to those on this site who share the feeling that life is beautiful. It isn't easy and for some, our cross is heavy and we help Jesus carry His cross. At times, we feel we are Simon , as we should be and are called to do so...my friend shared she wants to abort her baby because it doesn't fit into her ten year plan, she doesn't want to "derail" the father. She claims the baby would have a terrible life. I spoke to her about it, options, what is 9 months, the aftermath, but she doesn't want to listen. She has desensitized the choice but for me, I feel everyone has a purpose, they just have to be open to it. Life is a gift and her baby could be a gift to a family. I am reaching out to those who will help storm Heaven for this life.
Thank you

--hide--
This is tough...I wonder if she would listen to science rather than emotion. What people are told by planned "unparenthiood" is that it is just a mass of cells..........what people don't get because they aren't educated correctly is that so are we....that is all we are.... a mass of cells. It might help to educate her on when the heartbeat happens, etc., the fact that we are made up of a mass of changing cells at every age, etc. I wonder if she hears that argument before they tell her, if it might make her think. Considering some woman just died from an abortion and it was big news, you'd think she would think twice...people also aren't aware of how many women are physically injured in addition to the emotional...if she is too selfish to care about her baby, she might be scared enough to think about herself. It is so sad that they are trying to make it legal for even a nurse to kill a baby now because they are having more and more trouble getting enough doctors for their money making murders.

At any rate, saying a prayer right now. Praying

Feb 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Bob-644239 said: Kathy Ireland who used to be pro choice and is now pro life has a great interview on u tube talking about ...
(Quote) Bob-644239 said: Kathy Ireland who used to be pro choice and is now pro life has a great interview on u tube talking about how life begins at conception. Bishop Fulton Sheen recommends a beautiful prayer for us to say to spiritually adopt an unborn child and save it from abortion "Jesus Mary and Joseph, I love you very much. I beg you to spare the life of the unborn child that I have spiritually adopted and is in danger of abortion, Amen. "
--hide--

Yes, she does...she is one of the first people to make me think of the science argument, which I think will convince people before the emotional ones do. She is the first one that made me think about the planned "unparenthood" argument that he/she is just a mass of cells....it is what hit her...hey, SO ARE WE! Well, it hit me that way too when she mentioned it....of course that is when I found out that was planned "unparenthoods" tactic...one of them. Paul Ryan also talked about the science aspect to it in additon to his faith aspect on it. So sad, he wasn't our next vice-president.

Posts 41 - 50 of 131