Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Feb 28th 2013 new

I will pray for her - and I will put it out there that even though you're in Pennsylvania, I know at least two families immediately here in Texas who would welcome her child with great joy. One lady and her husband cannot have children and discovered this after they married, are upset because private adoption is their only option.

Feb 28th 2013 new

theheart
I am so glad that you have discussed this precious situation with your friend.
Be assured of my unity and prayers!

God Bless,

Helen theheart

Feb 28th 2013 new

Devastating. Bless you for being an honest friend who is true to her beliefs. I'll be praying.

Feb 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-945928 said: I am reaching out to those on this site who share the feeling that life is beautiful. It isn&...
(Quote) Elizabeth-945928 said:

I am reaching out to those on this site who share the feeling that life is beautiful. It isn't easy and for some, our cross is heavy and we help Jesus carry His cross. At times, we feel we are Simon , as we should be and are called to do so...my friend shared she wants to abort her baby because it doesn't fit into her ten year plan, she doesn't want to "derail" the father. She claims the baby would have a terrible life. I spoke to her about it, options, what is 9 months, the aftermath, but she doesn't want to listen. She has desensitized the choice but for me, I feel everyone has a purpose, they just have to be open to it. Life is a gift and her baby could be a gift to a family. I am reaching out to those who will help storm Heaven for this life.
Thank you

--hide--

+

Will everyone who has responded here please ask a priest you know to offer a Mass for Elizabeth's friend as soon as possible? Please explain the situation. A typical stipend for asking a priest to offer a Mass is $10-$15 - but of course you are not required to offer any donation at all. We recently saw a conversion of a mother here in our area after over ten Masses were offered for her. The Holy Sacrifice of the Mass is the highest, most powerfully efficacious form of prayer we have. Coupled with our own prayers and sacrifices maybe the Lord will move mightily in Elizabeth's friend's heart and she will convert to keeping her child.

Feb 28th 2013 new
(Quote) Susan-940526 said: Thinking about looking into volunteering for Birthright here in my town. This is so sad. I feel helpless to do ...
(Quote) Susan-940526 said:

Thinking about looking into volunteering for Birthright here in my town. This is so sad. I feel helpless to do anything.

--hide--

Susan,

It's very rewarding to volunteer in the pro-life movement. I'm sure Birthright could use your help, and would be happy to have you!
Feb 28th 2013 new

I let my friend know there are families and friends who would like to adopt, I gave her the resources she needs..I was someone who listened and then responded in a caring way because like many of you mentioned, she told me, therefore, she was reaching out to me. I also let her know that what she feels now in life is going to be worse if she decides to do through with the death. I was taking the responsibility as my own but realized this baby is not inside me. Watching October Baby and the interviews afterward gave me an even more profound perception of God's life giving love. I will keep you posted and thank you so much for all the prayers and support. I "stormed" Heaven with the Infant novena, nothing is more precious than the Infant Jesus. I attended Stations of the Cross and had a rosary group prayer for the little baby. The best thing I found on this site is reaching out for prayer... Praying Praying

Feb 28th 2013 new

We will keep praying.

Feb 28th 2013 new

hi elizabeth.this is diffucult for me to say since you are so sweet.i have for 30 years with my faithfull friends counceled women to keep there babies.we do so outside of the chambers.we allways offer help at our offices.you most refer your friend to aa crisis pregnancy place.give them her number.i have had 20 turnaways by myself in one day.hundreds since.so i no how hard it is for you.you most be trained as to what to say.i will pray for her.elizabeth do you no many contraceptives are realy abortfacients?please consider the catholic teachings on this issue.in all cases the use of this pill that prevents implantaton or other wise is a grave sin.poison to the soul.

Feb 28th 2013 new

Praying

Feb 28th 2013 new

Storming heaven w' prayers for this little baby. Storming heaven with prayers for the mother and father. In justice, this baby deserves a mother and a father who love and make sacrifices for them. "Derailing" IS the issue for the father ONLY IF he allows his baby to be killed.

He and she will be excommunicated from the Church for participating in an abortion. Their eternal souls will bear the mark of mortal sin and their destiny is eternal hell fire if they never repent from this sin.

Please remember Rachel's Vineyard for each of them if they kill their child.

BUT, God love you! Blessed Mother guide you in your defense of the baby's life..... St. Joan of Arc breathe fire into Eliaabeth's soul so she might bear the words of eternal life and bring hope for this dear child springing from the well spring of the mother and father of the baby.

Posts 61 - 70 of 131