Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

So, what's the big deal?

Feb 26th 2013 new

Are grandchildren all they're cracked up to be? scratchchin

Feb 26th 2013 new

YES! YES! YES!

I have a 15 month old grandson who not only has me wrapped around his finger, but he's such a clown, and I absolutely adore him! When I found out that I was going to be a grandmother at 48, I was all wigged-out. "Oh my God! I'm too young to be a grandmother!" Once that little guy came, I was absolutely taken by him. We have so much fun because I don't feel the same pressure that I felt as a new parent.

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Are grandchildren all they're cracked up to be?
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Are grandchildren all they're cracked up to be?

--hide--

Feb 26th 2013 new
I am Great Auntie and it is a blast!!! Must make it back to Texas for a visit very soon. I miss seeing my little Mark!
Feb 26th 2013 new

Hi Marge

Grand-kids those little people that light up my life, I have two now and a baby on the way. They are more then I deserve nothing compares to that little one hugging your leg and exclaiming " I Love You Grand-paw". It warms my heart just thinking about it.

God bless all childern, they are all GRAND....

Feb 26th 2013 new

Yes. I have a grandson named after the grandpa he will never know. That little boy has done more to heal the hearts of my family than anything else. He makes me smile, laugh, and have hope. Grandma Sasha is pretty cool.

Feb 26th 2013 new
I think they were a great delight for my mother. Of course she is one of those women who could calm down any baby--even one she didn't know. She became the team "grandma" where the 8th grade boys were jockeying for position to say hi to her. My kids really benefitted from her too, and we laugh at the variety of things she did now that she is gone. she had a way to make me mellow out at times, for which my kids were grateful. She was thrilled at being a great-grandmother too, and my nephew practically took his daughter from the hospital to our house to get a 4 generation photo. Wonder how I will be in that regard?
Feb 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Are grandchildren all they're cracked up to be?

--hide--

Do you have an announcement for us, Marge?

Feb 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Angie-853770 said: YES! YES! YES! I have a 15 month old grandson who not only has me wrapped around his finge...
(Quote) Angie-853770 said:

YES! YES! YES!

I have a 15 month old grandson who not only has me wrapped around his finger, but he's such a clown, and I absolutely adore him! When I found out that I was going to be a grandmother at 48, I was all wigged-out. "Oh my God! I'm too young to be a grandmother!" Once that little guy came, I was absolutely taken by him. We have so much fun because I don't feel the same pressure that I felt as a new parent.

Quote:
Marge-938695 said:

--hide--

Angie,

I totally agree. God has blessed me with a 3 1/2 year old grandson and a granddaughter who will turn 1 the first week in April. I have have taken care of both many times over the past year.

Both are precious but just wait until you get that first granddaughter. It's like I just can't put her down. Both have me in the palm of their hands and that is fine - for now. laughing

You are young enough to witness great-grandchildren. God would have to allow me much more longevity for me to see any of those.

Blessings, Praying hug rose

Leon

Feb 26th 2013 new

No.
I ask because I'm not particularly anxious to have grandchildren, and because when I do...I really don't think I'll be very excited about them. eyebrow

Feb 26th 2013 new
(Quote) Marge-938695 said: No.I ask because I'm not particularly anxious to have grandchildren, and because when I do...I really d...

No.
I ask because I'm not particularly anxious to have grandchildren, and because when I do...I really don't think I'll be very excited about them.

--hide--

Marge how I wish I had a Grandchild to love now. I used to tell my son I was not ready to be called Grandma yet, he was my only child so now I will relish in spoiling Great Nieces and Nephews. You will be given the grace to love your Grandkids when your kids have children!
Posts 1 - 10 of 38