Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Feb 27th 2013 new

Yes.. You can love and hug on them then send them home when they get whiny.. laughing

Feb 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: Yes.. You can love and hug on them then send them home when they get whiny..
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

Yes.. You can love and hug on them then send them home when they get whiny..

--hide--

And they can ditch you when you're cranky! laughing laughing laughing

Feb 27th 2013 new

Ooh, I wish I'd said that.

Feb 27th 2013 new

One of my prized possession I lost in Katrina was a little needle point pillow that read: If I'd know Grandchildren were this much fun, I'd have had them first. heart

That about sizes it up. wink

Feb 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Cindy-57124 said: One of my prized possession I lost in Katrina was a little needle point pillow that read: If I'...
(Quote) Cindy-57124 said:

One of my prized possession I lost in Katrina was a little needle point pillow that read: If I'd know Grandchildren were this much fun, I'd have had them first.

That about sizes it up.

--hide--
I don't have grandchildren yet, but yes, I love children. Seeing them grow up healthy and cared for is the best!

Feb 27th 2013 new

My Grandbrood.. wink

7 of 9 grandkids.. L-R.. Antonio 6, Caleb 14, Karlie 6 mos, Katie 5, Marisol 4, on the couch Kinslee 2, and Caitlyn 13..

"7 of 9 grandkids.. L-R.. Antonio 6, Caleb 14, Karl..."

Feb 27th 2013 new
Dear God, please make me a grandfather but not just yet! At least not until my kids are married! I have told them that if there's ever a pregnancy I would raise the baby.
Feb 27th 2013 new

That's a lovely and generous pro-life statement, David...but I've raised two babies alone (and three older kids). It wasn't fun at 43 and I suspect it would be less fun now.
For me, the joy in parenthood was in the sharing of it.

Feb 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Are grandchildren all they're cracked up to be?
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Are grandchildren all they're cracked up to be?

--hide--

I have two, my oldest is seven and I do not get to see him much at all. . .long story. But, I also have a brand new almost three month old grandson, and that little stinker stole my heart in about three seconds. He is something else, a little cuddler and so bright and alert and interactive. He is always happy to see me, and sometimes when he's fussy a few minutes with grammy and all is well. I envision many years of a very special relationship with this little guy and I am most thankful for it. So, yep I would have to say they are all that and then some. I jokingly suggested a number of names he might call me, one being the mush ball who can deny me nothing lol so my daughter calls me mush mush. And, when she says do you want to see mush mush, he just smiles lol. . .the kids got my number.

Feb 27th 2013 new

Absolutely, Marge! I enjoyed being an older mom, starting at age 35...and didn't think that I'd be ready for grandkids yet, but age 55, along came the first granddaugher, and I fell in love all over again... cloudnine

Just like having kids, your heart expands with each new birth! lovestruck! lovestruck!

Posts 11 - 20 of 38