Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Feb 28th 2013 new

Whoever the new Pope is, I hope he marches in there and weeds out all the garbage. None of this homosexual rubbish in our top ranks, thank you very much.

I love our Church, I hope for Her sake that the secret report, or the damning homosexual portions and corruption is outed. I hope names are named, I hope the liars and thieves and the deviants and perverts are ratted out, defroked and kicked out. Its the likes of those prideful sasquatches that our Church has faced so many troubles these last few decades.

Its time we had a spring clean. [And it'll be Spring in the Northern Hemisphere now].

The Gates of Hell will not prevail against the Church, but it doesn't mean we shouldn't go on the offensive for a change.

Feb 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: Whoever the new Pope is, I hope he marches in there and weeds out all the garbage. None of this h...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

Whoever the new Pope is, I hope he marches in there and weeds out all the garbage. None of this homosexual rubbish in our top ranks, thank you very much.

I love our Church, I hope for Her sake that the secret report, or the damning homosexual portions and corruption is outed. I hope names are named, I hope the liars and thieves and the deviants and perverts are ratted out, defroked and kicked out. Its the likes of those prideful sasquatches that our Church has faced so many troubles these last few decades.

Its time we had a spring clean. [And it'll be Spring in the Northern Hemisphere now].

The Gates of Hell will not prevail against the Church, but it doesn't mean we shouldn't go on the offensive for a change.

--hide--

Easier said than done. JPI lasted 33 days.

Feb 28th 2013 new

I have a close friend who is a priest. Highly intelligent, very conservative and loves the church. We were talking about why priests cannot be married. I always had a polly anna view of this. I thought it was because they were following Christ because He was single. Nope. In the early church they could be married. The reason they changed it was because many men(in the church) were homosexuals and they did not want the wives, children etc. receiving the money and lands of the priest, bishop etc. when they died. The church wanted the inheritance. Simple as that! Greed is the reason priests cannot marry. There is nothing new in the fact that homosexual men have been part of running the church from early ages.

We must remember that satan will always attack Christ's church on earth and we must be vigilant in not letting him take over....but be fully aware he will always be working his evil until Christ comes at the end of this time.

Mar 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Laura-56149 said: I have a close friend who is a priest. Highly intelligent, very conservative and loves the church....
(Quote) Laura-56149 said:

I have a close friend who is a priest. Highly intelligent, very conservative and loves the church. We were talking about why priests cannot be married. I always had a polly anna view of this. I thought it was because they were following Christ because He was single. Nope. In the early church they could be married. The reason they changed it was because many men(in the church) were homosexuals and they did not want the wives, children etc. receiving the money and lands of the priest, bishop etc. when they died. The church wanted the inheritance. Simple as that! Greed is the reason priests cannot marry. There is nothing new in the fact that homosexual men have been part of running the church from early ages.

We must remember that satan will always attack Christ's church on earth and we must be vigilant in not letting him take over....but be fully aware he will always be working his evil until Christ comes at the end of this time.

--hide--
Firstly, there are married Priest in the Catholic Church,in the Eastern Rites.Just not in the Roman Rite.As to your statement above,can you back it up with any proof?

Mar 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: Whoever the new Pope is, I hope he marches in there and weeds out all the garbage. None of this h...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

--hide--

You got that right!!

For someone so young, you display more intelligence than a lot of people older and many letters after their names.

Mar 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: Firstly, there are married Priest in the Catholic Church,in the Eastern Rites.Just not in the Rom...
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

Firstly, there are married Priest in the Catholic Church,in the Eastern Rites.Just not in the Roman Rite.As to your statement above,can you back it up with any proof?

--hide--

There are also married priests in the Roman rite. Not a lot, but they do exist and are becoming more numerous.

Mar 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Laura-56149 said: I have a close friend who is a priest. Highly intelligent, very conservative and loves the church....
(Quote) Laura-56149 said:

--hide--

Although the early Church had married priest no married priest could ever be made a Bishop. You fantasy tale attempting to explain the unmarried discipline falls flat on its face.

Rather, it is based on the Epistles of Paul. Try reading them.

Mar 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Sean-851370 said: Easier said than done. JPI lasted 33 days.
(Quote) Sean-851370 said:

Easier said than done. JPI lasted 33 days.

--hide--

And what does his early death have to do with anything?

Oh wait, I bet you believe he was killed.

But then your implication falls flat on its face, as most of your fantasies, otherwise JPII would not have lasted as long as he did.

Mar 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: And what does his early death have to do with anything? Oh wait, I bet you believe...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

And what does his early death have to do with anything?

Oh wait, I bet you believe he was killed.

But then your implication falls flat on its face, as most of your fantasies, otherwise JPII would not have lasted as long as he did.

--hide--

What does the death of JPI have to do with the long reign of JPII? So, if JPI had been murdered, JPII would not have reigned as long as he did? Actually, if you remember, there was an assassination attempt on JPII. Turns out people in high places can be targets of assassination conspiracies. Who would have guessed that?!?!?

Mar 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: Firstly, there are married Priest in the Catholic Church,in the Eastern Rites.Just not in the Rom...
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

--hide--

The only proof I have is that I got the information from a pastor that has numerous degrees in theology and has been a priest for 25 years. I don't see any reason why he would make such a thing up. The reason I relayed the information was to point out that homosexual males have had influence in the church probably since the beginning. This stuff isn't new. The video pointed out it is very deeply seeded.

Posts 11 - 20 of 200