Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Mar 2nd 2013 new

Comes now Andrew Sullivan, a self-described gay, catholic blogger who claims that Benedict XVI is a closeted gay.

For proof he presents the fact that the Papal Secretary is going to live in the same monastery as the ex-Pope while (TA DA) serving as the Secretary to the new Pope.

The Secretary to the Pope serves at the Pope's pleasure. So Benedict's Secretary may or may not continue that post under the new Pope.

Now if we carry the moron's logic to its ultimate conclusion, every monastery in the world is nothing more than a place where gay men congregate to carry on their nefarious activities. It must also apply to all women's convents as well.

I know I picked up this tidbit of moronic reasoning on the "Huffington Post", not particularly known for its accurate reporting of anything. But what strikes me is that anyone in their right mind would pay any attention to this type of nonsense, much less publish it as if it any any news value.

Mar 2nd 2013 new
The gay crisis reminds me a bit of what Cardinal Newman said about the world waking up in the 4th century and "groaning in astonishment to find itself Arian."

www.newmanreader.org
Mar 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Joseph-750000 said: Thanks for the reference Jerry, though I've read through it in the past. A brief study of Ch...
(Quote) Joseph-750000 said:

Thanks for the reference Jerry, though I've read through it in the past. A brief study of Christian history tells us that priests were allowed to be married during the first thousand years of the Church. As the early Middle Ages progressed there developed significant differences between Eastern and Western Christianity, including the issue of celibacy, which eventually led to a schism resulting in the Eastern and Western Popes excommunicated each other.

--hide--

The reason for celibacy in the priesthood is partially because it's hard to water the garden when you have to fill a pool.

Celibacy is a hard thing, but it's difficult to have a family and a wife and children and still devote your time and energy to the church. It is certainly "gay" to say that priests are brides of Christ, and perhaps that's the wrong terminology to use nowadays, but the fact is it is the truth because they need to be devoted to spreading the message of the gospel to the people of their parish and can't do that as good as they could if they had to take care of their own.

As far as pedophilia is concerned, the Church has been infiltrated. It is not natural to be gay, and it is certainly not natural to bugger little boys. I come from a family who has suffered from sex abuse, and I know that this abuse incurred has nothing to do with suppressed sexuality; it has to do with men that lie to themselves, to God, and are decievers like Satan.

At the heart of the matter is a contempt for women by a faction within the Church and even within Judaism. Certain men belong to societies with secrets that think that through science they can recreate man in Gods own image, in what they say was the perfect reflection of the Creator. If God did make man in his image, and after he made Adam perfect he took a rib out of Adam to make Eve, a woman, then these Pervs are from a cult that thinks that the removal of the rib from Adam means taking the feminine aspect out of man himself.

In the future they are going to try to recombine man and woman again into a hermaphrodite, a transexual, but in the meantime they continue their ancient ritual of male sex because they worship Satan and not the one true God. These creeps think the Creator left the world imperfect and they are rebelling still to this day against him and all of his creation.

Our whole idea of even heterosexual sex has been corrupted. Freud was a tool of the elite to further this agenda and to turn modern society into Huxley's Brave New World --look around you! We're here! Freud even admitted to Carl Jung that he wasn't bringing sexual freedom to the West but rather he was bringing us the plague!

You can't throw the baby Jesus out with the bathwater. I am Catholic and proud to be. The Holy Spririt will guide a seeking heart to all truth if you are ready to hear it and are committed to acting on that truth.'

The day will come like Saint John warned of the Mark. That day is upon us with implantable microchips in a cashless society which we are rapidly approaching. You must say no, no matter what the cost.

Mar 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Zachary-948066 said: . It is certainly "gay" to say that priests are brides of Christ, and perhaps that...
(Quote) Zachary-948066 said:

. It is certainly "gay" to say that priests are brides of Christ, and perhaps that's the wrong terminology to use nowadays, but the fact is it is the truth because they need to be devoted to spreading the message of the gospel to the people of their parish and can't do that as good as they could if they had to take care of their own.

--hide--

That's a common misunderstanding, and a somewhat Protestant one at that, of what the Priest is.

A Priest is acting in persona Christi.

In scripture the Church is referred to as the bride of Christ.

The Priest is married to the Church, which is feminine.

The Priest is not married to God, whom relates as male.

So it is most defintely NOT gay.

Mar 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: Well, technically the priest didn't own the land their future children could hav...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

Well, technically the priest didn't own the land their future children could have inherited. It was church property. Never heard about the "they were all homos in the olden days" spiel. It doesn't make much sense, does it, since most homosexuals wouldn't have been fathering children back in 900AD. Unless they know something we don't.

Granted, non-married priests are a tradition, not a doctrine, so it coudl change. However, I dont' think its a viable solution in this day and age. Priests have a lot of pressure on them, they have to have a whole community under their watch. Insert a wife and children, you're going to put too much pressure on the Priest. This isn't like wishy washy branches of Protestantism where a minister can have a wife and kids, those minsters also have multiple lay individauls and other ministers assisting them. Its not like they're being called out at 2 in the morning to administer the last rites to some poor schmuck who got hit by a drunk trying to reverse out of a drive through.

Marriage is hard enough as it is, insert the domains of every Peter, Paul and Maria from the Parish they oversee and a wife could end up feeling very low down the ranks indeed; or the parish suffers from the Priest's familial details.

I'm not saying it can't be done, and the Eastern Rite, Anglican jumping married Priests seem to be managing, but I think we should just leave as is. Celibacy for the sake of the Kingdom is a powerful asset.

--hide--

So well said you deserve a cookie. Love your posts in this thread. Simply brilliant. cookie

Mar 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: That's a common misunderstanding, and a somewhat Protestant one at that, of what the...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

That's a common misunderstanding, and a somewhat Protestant one at that, of what the Priest is.

A Priest is acting in persona Christi.

In scripture the Church is referred to as the bride of Christ.

The Priest is married to the Church, which is feminine.

The Priest is not married to God, whom relates as male.

So it is most defintely NOT gay.

--hide--

Thanks for replying to my post. But, your quote of mine was incomplete!

This is my full sentence...

"It is certainly "gay" to say that priests are brides of Christ, and perhaps that's the wrong terminology to use nowadays, but the fact is it is the truth because they need to be devoted to spreading the message of the gospel to the people of their parish and can't do that as good as they could if they had to take care of their own."

Today it does sound gay to say Bride of Christ, but I did admit that it was the truth and agreed with it. I'm not a Protestant and I was defending the church. Quotes are fun to take out of context! :-)

Mar 2nd 2013 new

I see what you just said there. Just because I go to Mass every Sunday doesn't mean that I know all that the church teaches. I see what you were saying and admit that I was wrong. I don't like being called a Protestant though, but I suppose I deserved it!

Mar 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: Published on Feb 25, 2013 And now, at last, the full truth of the ...
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

Published on Feb 25, 2013 And now, at last, the full truth of the infiltration of homosexuals into the clergy, even the Vatican itself, is coming to light.

www.youtube.com

--hide--

SO WHAT?? There have always been bad actors in the Church, but the Church always survives. STOP this naysaying and fault-finding. Peter's boat will never sink. Act like you have just a teeny tiny drop of faith. Stop the belly-aching. No more casting of aspersions. PLEASE!!

Mar 2nd 2013 new
(Quote) Zachary-948066 said: The reason for celibacy in the priesthood is partially because it's hard...
(Quote) Zachary-948066 said:

The reason for celibacy in the priesthood is partially because it's hard to water the garden when you have to fill a pool.

Celibacy is a hard thing, but it's difficult to have a family and a wife and children and still devote your time and energy to the church. It is certainly "gay" to say that priests are brides of Christ, and perhaps that's the wrong terminology to use nowadays, but the fact is it is the truth because they need to be devoted to spreading the message of the gospel to the people of their parish and can't do that as good as they could if they had to take care of their own.

As far as pedophilia is concerned, the Church has been infiltrated. It is not natural to be gay, and it is certainly not natural to bugger little boys. I come from a family who has suffered from sex abuse, and I know that this abuse incurred has nothing to do with suppressed sexuality; it has to do with men that lie to themselves, to God, and are decievers like Satan.

At the heart of the matter is a contempt for women by a faction within the Church and even within Judaism. Certain men belong to societies with secrets that think that through science they can recreate man in Gods own image, in what they say was the perfect reflection of the Creator. If God did make man in his image, and after he made Adam perfect he took a rib out of Adam to make Eve, a woman, then these Pervs are from a cult that thinks that the removal of the rib from Adam means taking the feminine aspect out of man himself.

In the future they are going to try to recombine man and woman again into a hermaphrodite, a transexual, but in the meantime they continue their ancient ritual of male sex because they worship Satan and not the one true God. These creeps think the Creator left the world imperfect and they are rebelling still to this day against him and all of his creation.

Our whole idea of even heterosexual sex has been corrupted. Freud was a tool of the elite to further this agenda and to turn modern society into Huxley's Brave New World --look around you! We're here! Freud even admitted to Carl Jung that he wasn't bringing sexual freedom to the West but rather he was bringing us the plague!

You can't throw the baby Jesus out with the bathwater. I am Catholic and proud to be. The Holy Spririt will guide a seeking heart to all truth if you are ready to hear it and are committed to acting on that truth.'

The day will come like Saint John warned of the Mark. That day is upon us with implantable microchips in a cashless society which we are rapidly approaching. You must say no, no matter what the cost.

--hide--

This pansexuality is a reversion to pre-Christian paganism. You find all sorts of these unbridled sex cults in strains of Hellenic and Hellenistic paganism. Not to mention other pagan groups.

The one thing I have found interesting is Queer Theory's effort to look to pagan societies and tribes around the world to justify homosexuality and relativize Abrahamic sexual morality. (Christianity, Judaism and Islam).

bit.ly

The gay movement strikes me as being thoroughly pagan.
Mar 3rd 2013 new
(Quote) Paul-866591 said: The mistake here is the assumption that the rule of celebacy is the root cause of the of the sex...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

The mistake here is the assumption that the rule of celebacy is the root cause of the of the sex abuse scandals.

If that were true, then we would see virtually no instances of sexual abuse among married men or men in a relationship with a women. That is false on its face, because it is exactly this group of men where the highest instances of sexual abuse occur.

Even in this group, the rate of sexual abuse is 2% or less. And among the celibate Catholic clergy it is even lower, even if we assume every priest accused of it was guilty.

The rate of abusers among Protestant clergy is higher than among Catholic Priests. And most protestant clergy are married. The rate of abuse among male school teachers is even higher and most of them are married.

There are legitimate arguments that can be made for a married clergy. But your main argument is not one of them

--hide--

well stated. it is so easy for people to throw around conclusions that make absolutely no sense.

the discipline of celibacy has nothing to do with any abuse that has taken place. abusers seek out situations where they can have access to those they want to abuse. it can be in professions such as teaching,coaching,the clergy etc.

and of course the rate of abuse in protestant churches being high stops the silly 'celibacy cause' right in its tracks.
Posts 41 - 50 of 200