Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Mar 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: (Quote) Bernard-2709 said: Published on Feb 25, 2013 ...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

Quote:
Bernard-2709 said:

Published on Feb 25, 2013 And now, at last, the full truth of the infiltration of homosexuals into the clergy, even the Vatican itself, is coming to light.

www.youtube.com

SO WHAT?? There have always been bad actors in the Church, but the Church always survives. STOP this naysaying and fault-finding. Peter's boat will never sink. Act like you have just a teeny tiny drop of faith. Stop the belly-aching. No more casting of aspersions. PLEASE!!

--hide--
I do have great faith.Nobody is saying the ship is sinking.If it bothers you so much to hear these topics,then maybe you shouldn't read my Threads.

Mar 3rd 2013 new

Just want you to know that there was a roundtable discussion on George Stephanopoulos' This Week show this morning on ABC in which the discussion was on the selection of the pope's successor and the conclave. The discussion felt too political for me in terms of the participants viewing this as a political event as opposed to a church selecting a religious leader. However, there were some good points raised, even though these people are obviously not experts on the Catholic faith, or even religious practice in general. The discussion came abt 20 minutes after Dennis Rodman was discussing his visit with the president of North Korea. Quite an unusual show this morning!

I also watch Religion and News Ethics Weekly, and am looking fwd to what it will say abt the conclave. I consider the reporters and moderators on that show far more educated abt religions n general.

Mar 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: I do have great faith.Nobody is saying the ship is sinking.If it bothers you so much to hear thes...
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

I do have great faith.Nobody is saying the ship is sinking.If it bothers you so much to hear these topics,then maybe you shouldn't read my Threads.

--hide--
Bernard, Thank you for bringing up this topic. I watched the video; it was eye opening.

And now I will bow out and read the discussion only. I fear being attacked.

Mar 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: www.youtube.com
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

www.youtube.com

--hide--
I just watched this video again.Wow! All must watch.

Mar 3rd 2013 new

Patricia-29176 says -"This will bring much shame to our Church and much criticism by the media, but we will just have to suffer through this to achieve the greater good of bringing our Church back into union with Christ! The Holy Roman Catholic Church will survive this and will be again a truly Holy Church when all of these Cardinals who are acting in evil manner are brought out into the light and dismissed by the Church. Again, Thanks be to God!"

Hey Patricia, now that is the spirit. Through all of this comes the beautiful gift of humility, which frees us from thinking about ourselves at all.

Mar 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: This pansexuality is a reversion to pre-Christian paganism. You find all sorts of these unbridled...
(Quote) John-220051 said:

This pansexuality is a reversion to pre-Christian paganism. You find all sorts of these unbridled sex cults in strains of Hellenic and Hellenistic paganism. Not to mention other pagan groups.

The one thing I have found interesting is Queer Theory's effort to look to pagan societies and tribes around the world to justify homosexuality and relativize Abrahamic sexual morality. (Christianity, Judaism and Islam).

bit.ly

The gay movement strikes me as being thoroughly pagan.
--hide--

Yes...these guys are reactionaries trying to take us back in time. Remember Margaret Mead's Coming of Age in Samoa? The oligarchical/aristocratic types have a bizarre and morbid fascination with death cults and the most primitive tribes. We're being ruled by truly inferior people. Maybe it's ironic or not that these same people have a religious belief in evolution. Their world is a land of paradoxes because they themselves are de-evolving toward some sort of animal-like state. Perhaps it is precisely because they are inferior that they have to dream up reasons to claim that they're superior to everyone else.

Mar 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: (Quote) Joseph-750000 said: Thanks for the reference Jerry, though I've...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

Quote:
Joseph-750000 said:

Thanks for the reference Jerry, though I've read through it in the past. A brief study of Christian history tells us that priests were allowed to be married during the first thousand years of the Church. As the early Middle Ages progressed there developed significant differences between Eastern and Western Christianity, including the issue of celibacy, which eventually led to a schism resulting in the Eastern and Western Popes excommunicated each other.

During the Middle Ages the monastic movement grew in Europe and imposed extremely strict lifestyles, including celibacy, on monks who were totally devoted to religious life, while at the same time Rome was consolidating it's power under the Pope. The Universal Church has continued the rule of celibacy, while Eastern Christian priests can marry.

To the best of my knowledge, there is nothing that Jesus said that specifically states that priests must be celibate. Please correct me if I'm wrong. The writings of Paul do suggest the issue of the division of devotion between vocation and family. That alone does not tell me that priests MUST be celibate, and apparently the early clergy didn't believe this to be the case as well.

The Catholic Church is imploding! It has been polluted for centuries by the infiltration of homosexuals and pedophiles who have used the vow of celibacy as a veil of secrecy to practice their perversion - these men MUST BE PURGED!!! The majority of priests are pius men, but the Church's indifference in dealing with this faction of priests is pathetic, and is ruining the Church. With what we now know about human psychology and physiology we can see that celibacy is potentially physically and mentally harmful. We need married men to be ordained as priests, and we need to find ways to make it financially viable - instead of spending it on lawyers and huge abuse case settlements!

The mistake here is the assumption that the rule of celebacy is the root cause of the of the sex abuse scandals.

If that were true, then we would see virtually no instances of sexual abuse among married men or men in a relationship with a women. That is false on its face, because it is exactly this group of men where the highest instances of sexual abuse occur.

Even in this group, the rate of sexual abuse is 2% or less. And among the celibate Catholic clergy it is even lower, even if we assume every priest accused of it was guilty.

The rate of abusers among Protestant clergy is higher than among Catholic Priests. And most protestant clergy are married. The rate of abuse among male school teachers is even higher and most of them are married.

There are legitimate arguments that can be made for a married clergy. But your main argument is not one of them

--hide--

Not to take this into a differnt direction but we now have growing evidence that female teachers seem to be quite vulnerable in falling into sexual abuse of their male students. This has been a growing problem with heterosexual and married teachers, both male and female. People who fall into this lack personal boundaries and ethical standards, self reflection, self discipline and lack any sense of morality IMHO.

Mar 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: Not to take this into a differnt direction but we now have growing evidence that female t...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

Not to take this into a differnt direction but we now have growing evidence that female teachers seem to be quite vulnerable in falling into sexual abuse of their male students. This has been a growing problem with heterosexual and married teachers, both male and female. People who fall into this lack personal boundaries and ethical standards, self reflection, self discipline and lack any sense of morality IMHO.

--hide--
An excellent observation from a woman who is clearly intelligent and well educated!

Mar 4th 2013 new

Father had a great sermon on Sunday about our Holy Father, Pope Benedict! He has quite a remarkable history of being true to his Faith, dealing with the Nazi's and a very very holy and humble man.

With today's times and all the horrible wordly events and the press which doesn't help, he felt with his illnesses and disabilities to step down and give the sword to another leader who will be able to carry out Peter's roles with leading the Church and by cleaning house!

Let's pray for the sinners as we all are and let us all have Faith!!! Praying rosary theheart

Mar 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: You could always go research the topic for your own clarification. Abortionists h...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

You could always go research the topic for your own clarification.

Abortionists have various degrees and education, yet I doubt you'd take them on their word that the foetus isn't human. Well, I hope you wouldn't.

--hide--

Hmmm, I am hoping you are not comparing a beloved, gifted priest that has spent his life studying church history, theology and giving his life to the church with an abortionist with degrees. I think there might have been a better analogy to use?

Posts 51 - 60 of 200