Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

03/08/2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: Did you actually watch, and listen to the video John?
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

Did you actually watch, and listen to the video John?

--hide--

eyebrow

Just out of curiosity, what make you think I was referring to you?

03/08/2013 new

(Quote) John-336509 said: (Quote) Bernard-2709 said: Did you actually watch, and listen to the video ...
(Quote) John-336509 said:

Quote:
Bernard-2709 said:

Did you actually watch, and listen to the video John?

Just out of curiosity, what make you think I was referring to you?

--hide--
Michael Vorris is giving the presentation.Maybe him? eyebrow

03/08/2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: Michael Vorris is giving the presentation.Maybe him?
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

Michael Vorris is giving the presentation.Maybe him?

--hide--

The video isn't particularly offensive. Where some of the folks here in this room have gone with, on the other hand...

03/08/2013 new

Gulity of "at bare minimum covering up sex abuse cases" - Michael Voris

That quote is an example of why Michael Voris brings division to the Church.

Subordinating the abuse of minors, through acts which are homosexual or not, is irreprehensible. Leading faithful Catholics to look at this as a "bare minimum" scenario causes causes them to be deflective on the issue. There is no "bare minimum" here. If we are to witness to the world and evangelize, we can't put forward the proposition that a mortal sin which is validly criminal is a "bare minimum" when contrasted with other sinful acts which are not criminal.

I accept the Church's teaching on homosexuality, but if you place that sin above abuse or DOWNLPLAY abuse, then you have little insight into man's condition or theology.

Voris is a quack and you should spend your time reading the Catechism and the writings of our last two popes rather than listening to a self-exalting quasi-schismatic: www.justinvacula.com

03/08/2013 new

Ok, B.

So I WASTED 6:41 mins of my life. That pretty man looks just like Satan. Claoks hemself in rightiousness..offers 99% of the truth but slips that 1% of horse manure that soils our Beloved Church.

I do not wish to be associated with him. He's stealing the show! This is a beautiful time for us Catholics to lear about the richness of our Chruch, I don't know about you up there in the north, but the Church here has made sure that the important issues about the Conclave are well discussed in the local secular and Catholic media.

Mari

03/08/2013 new

(Quote) Theodoric-68091 said: Gulity of "at bare minimum covering up sex abuse cases" - Michael Voris That ...
(Quote) Theodoric-68091 said:

Subordinating the abuse of minors, through acts which are homosexual or not, is irreprehensible. Leading faithful Catholics to look at this as a "bare minimum" scenario causes causes them to be deflective on the issue. There is no "bare minimum" here. If we are to witness to the world and evangelize, we can't put forward the proposition that a mortal sin which is validly criminal is a "bare minimum" when contrasted with other sinful acts which are not criminal.

I accept the Church's teaching on homosexuality, but if you place that sin above abuse or DOWNLPLAY abuse, then you have little insight into man's condition or theology.

Voris is a quack and you should spend your time reading the Catechism and the writings of our last two popes rather than listening to a self-exalting quasi-schismatic: www.justinvacula.com

--hide--

Not really following you here.

03/08/2013 new

(Quote) Theodoric-68091 said: Gulity of "at bare minimum covering up sex abuse cases" - Michael Voris That ...
(Quote) Theodoric-68091 said:

--hide--
How does Michael Vorris bring division to the Church? Most Catholics have never heard of him.

Actually I do read "Dogmas of the Catholic Faith" (Denzinger) "Catechism of the Council of Trent" ,Current Catechism of the Catholic Church,Listen to Audio sermons by Great Priests(Audio Sancto) Catholic Psychology ,Spiritual Classics,etc etc etc.Most people are into sound bites however.They don't tolerate the stuff from Denzinger.Vorris is not perfect,and not everybody's cup of tea,but he is hardly causing a division in the Church.

03/08/2013 new

(Quote) Mari-894290 said: Ok, B. So I WASTED 6:41 mins of my life. That pretty man looks just like Satan. Claoks hems...
(Quote) Mari-894290 said:

Ok, B.

So I WASTED 6:41 mins of my life. That pretty man looks just like Satan. Claoks hemself in rightiousness..offers 99% of the truth but slips that 1% of horse manure that soils our Beloved Church.

I do not wish to be associated with him. He's stealing the show! This is a beautiful time for us Catholics to lear about the richness of our Chruch, I don't know about you up there in the north, but the Church here has made sure that the important issues about the Conclave are well discussed in the local secular and Catholic media.

Mari

--hide--
I don't know what to tell you Mari. faint

03/08/2013 new

(Quote) John-336509 said: The video isn't particularly offensive. Where some of the folks here in this room hav...
(Quote) John-336509 said:

The video isn't particularly offensive. Where some of the folks here in this room have gone with, on the other hand...

--hide--

Although I will state for the record that I am not taking a position on either the accuracy of the facts claimed nor the validity of the conclusions reached. I'm just saying the presentation is not particulalry offensive on its face.

03/08/2013 new

How does Michael Voris cause division in the Church?

"In a press release issued December 15 and signed by Communications officer Joe Kohn, the Archdiocese of Detroit states: “The Archdiocese has informed Mr. Voris and Real Catholic TV, RealCatholicTV.com, that it does not regard them as being authorized to use the word ‘Catholic’ to identify or promote their public activities.”

How more divisive can a purported Catholic be than causeing his Archbishop to ask his 'ministry' not to identify itself as Catholic?!??? If he was ORTHODOX and not conservative, he would respect his Bishop.

Posts 71 - 80 of 200