Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Deleting old posts?

Feb 26th 2013 new

There are old posts I've posted in the past I would like to delete but it doesn't give me the option. Anyways, I was just curious.

Feb 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Ezrah-891754 said: There are old posts I've posted in the past I would like to delete but it doesn't give me...
(Quote) Ezrah-891754 said:

There are old posts I've posted in the past I would like to delete but it doesn't give me the option. Anyways, I was just curious.

--hide--

Sorry, but you are not able to delete them.

Feb 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: (Quote) Ezrah-891754 said: There are old posts I've posted in the past ...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

Quote:
Ezrah-891754 said:

Sorry, but you are not able to delete them.

--hide--
Why do they keep them for three years like Google?

Feb 27th 2013 new

Thank you for the answer.

Feb 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: Why do they keep them for three years like Google?
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

--hide--

So people can go back and read them? I occasionally find it very handy to be able to reference the older posts.

Feb 27th 2013 new

You're welcome.

Feb 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: (Quote) Bernard-2709 said: Why do they keep them for three years like Googl...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

Quote:
Bernard-2709 said:

So people can go back and read them? I occasionally find it very handy to be able to reference the older posts.

--hide--
Six months to a year is plenty of back log.Three years is more compliant with the Obama Administration I suppose. rolling eyes

Feb 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: Six months to a year is plenty of back log.Three years is more compliant with the Obama Administr...
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

Six months to a year is plenty of back log.Three years is more compliant with the Obama Administration I suppose.

--hide--

Hey, if we could take a poll and get 90% of people to agree on a criteria, I'd adopt it in a heartbeat.

How long? How long after what? (a topic starts, a reply, a view?)

Generally I like the idea of a year after the last post, but there are old topics that are still useful, so I haven't done it.

So the general sentiment - make the forums have a year memory?

Feb 28th 2013 new

That's not my sentiment. I appreciate them being around a long time.

Feb 28th 2013 new

Seems to me it used to be a year, only. More than that is: a) depressing, b) a waste of server space, IMHO.

Posts 1 - 10 of 12