Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

Mar 22nd 2013 new
(Quote) Marge-938695 said: That's a good point. My kids flat out told me that they liked the status quo (fatherless family) and would...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

That's a good point. My kids flat out told me that they liked the status quo (fatherless family) and would not be happy with a change.
I won't tell you what I said in reply....

--hide--

would you tell me in private message wink
Mar 22nd 2013 new
(Quote) Alice-788574 said: Therese, this is excellent. I've just entered into a new relationship with someone who has never been marri...
(Quote) Alice-788574 said:

Therese, this is excellent. I've just entered into a new relationship with someone who has never been married so this all food for thought as we explore the path. Longevity, stability, similarity. Excellent.

--hide--

Alice, i liked this book and found it has very good tools, glad you liked it biggrin
Mar 22nd 2013 new
(Quote) Alice-788574 said: Therese, this is excellent. I've just entered into a new relationship with someone who has never been marri...
(Quote) Alice-788574 said:

Therese, this is excellent. I've just entered into a new relationship with someone who has never been married so this all food for thought as we explore the path. Longevity, stability, similarity. Excellent.

--hide--

Alice, i liked this book and found it has very good tools, glad you liked it biggrin
Apr 19th 2013 new
This is a good topic, Therese. I am interested in the books listed too.
Apr 20th 2013 new

I think the annulment process will help me, should I ever find the woman our Lord Has Hidden So Well From My View, though I am Certain this is Because I Am Not Yet Completely Annulled. :-)

So am learning patience...

On a less silly note, going through the 12 pages of annulment questions was very eye opening. As a Brand New Catholic, not only did I learn much about the value of marriage that I never saw when I was a Protestant, but most importantly I had to chance to reflect on everything about my first "marriage" that made it not what marriage should have been. I saw her faults and abusive/controlling/marginalizing behavior for what it was, and discerned where I went wrong. That, in particular, will serve me well once my "rest of this life on Earth" mate comes along, so that I can properly care for her and for our marriage.

Those who are not yet annulled... it is a great process. While we don't know the outcome, what we can learn is significant and helpful in life, and in potential future marriage.

Blessings,

Michael

Apr 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Michael-780154 said: I think the annulment process will help me, should I ever find the woman our Lord Has Hidden So...
(Quote) Michael-780154 said:

I think the annulment process will help me, should I ever find the woman our Lord Has Hidden So Well From My View, though I am Certain this is Because I Am Not Yet Completely Annulled. :-)

On a less silly note, going through the 12 pages of annulment questions was very eye opening. As a Brand New Catholic, not only did I learn much about the value of marriage that I never saw when I was a Protestant, but most importantly I had to chance to reflect on everything about my first "marriage" that made it not what marriage should have been. I saw her faults and abusive/controlling/marginalizing behavior for what it was, and discerned where I went wrong. That, in particular, will serve me well once my "rest of this life on Earth" mate comes along, so that I can properly care for her and for our marriage.

Those who are not yet annulled... it is a great process. While we don't know the outcome, what we can learn is significant and helpful in life, and in potential future marriage.

Blessings,

Michael

--hide--

Michael, I'm so glad to read what you have written. I hope it will bless & encourage all those who are wavering on their decision to begin the annulment process. It's not easy, but very healing.

Apr 20th 2013 new
(Quote) Michael-780154 said: I think the annulment process will help me, should I ever find the woman our Lord Has Hidden So Well From My ...
(Quote) Michael-780154 said:

Blessings,

Michael

--hide--

Hello Michael,

Than you for your encouraging post and for sharing. As you said, God always has good timing for anything we need.

I agree with you that all the annulment questions are really eye opening. They guide us to reflect on our own self, showing us if we had any lack of growth in any period of our life since our childhood, and what are the issues that we need to address before entering a second marriage.

Michael, great work, what you have done for your self growth. As you said you lived the abuse in your former marriage. Now that you are out of the marriage by reflecting back to take the lessons from the past is the best thing to be done. Perfect way to know how to not enable the abuse in the future.

TKC rose

Therese
Apr 20th 2013 new

Thank you for your nice reply, Therese.

Blessings,

Michael

Posts 21 - 28 of 28