Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

I just heard on the news this morning that same sex marriage in the state of Il is basically one step away from being made a law. While I am NOT saying that same sex marriage is ok, I do have some issues with what everyone is saying about the sanctity of marriage. Everyone keeps contending that marriage should be kept between a man and a woman and I totally agree with that. BUT, many people are arguing that by making same sex marriage legal, the sanctity of marriage is being ruined. This is where I have major qualms.....

I am a BIG proponent for marriage for life, even after my divorce. I said my vows, meant them, etc. So, when people are saying that the sanctity of marriage will be ruined by allowing same sex marriage, I can't help but think that in all reality, the sanctity of marriage is being ruined by heterosexual marriages. Divorces are WAY to easy to obtain these days, and with divorce approaching a 60% failure rate for first time marriages, where is the sanctity of these types of marriages?

Everyone is standing up and fighting AGAINST same sex marriage b/c that is not what God's intention for marriage is. I don't however, see ANYONE standing up and fighting for what IS God's intention for marriage.... and that is marriage for LIFE between a man and a woman. Why are so many people protesting against these same sex marriages instead of fighting for the true marriage plan God intended???

Is it just me... or are things getting a little backwards? If we WANT to keep marriage heterosexual, shouldn't we be fighting FOR keeping these marriages till death do we part, not just until we can't stand each other any more, we find someone we think we like better, etc? No one is protesting at divorce hearings about what God's true plan for marriage is; maybe it is the married people who aren't keeping the sanctity of marriage..... I know more homosexual couples who have been together longer than most married couples! Not saying I agree but just making a point.

I understnad that there are instances in which marriages need to be dissolved, such as abuse, etc b/c that is a safety issue etc so please don't get me wrong there. I just think that divorces are far too easy to get these days, and anyone can get married too. Maybe marriage counseling needs to be mandated for all marriages, regardless if they are held in a civil ceremony or not.

Feb 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Heather-705104 said: I just heard on the news this morning that same sex marriage in the state of Il is basically on...
(Quote) Heather-705104 said:

I just heard on the news this morning that same sex marriage in the state of Il is basically one step away from being made a law. While I am NOT saying that same sex marriage is ok, I do have some issues with what everyone is saying about the sanctity of marriage. Everyone keeps contending that marriage should be kept between a man and a woman and I totally agree with that. BUT, many people are arguing that by making same sex marriage legal, the sanctity of marriage is being ruined. This is where I have major qualms.....

I am a BIG proponent for marriage for life, even after my divorce. I said my vows, meant them, etc. So, when people are saying that the sanctity of marriage will be ruined by allowing same sex marriage, I can't help but think that in all reality, the sanctity of marriage is being ruined by heterosexual marriages. Divorces are WAY to easy to obtain these days, and with divorce approaching a 60% failure rate for first time marriages, where is the sanctity of these types of marriages?

Everyone is standing up and fighting AGAINST same sex marriage b/c that is not what God's intention for marriage is. I don't however, see ANYONE standing up and fighting for what IS God's intention for marriage.... and that is marriage for LIFE between a man and a woman. Why are so many people protesting against these same sex marriages instead of fighting for the true marriage plan God intended???

Is it just me... or are things getting a little backwards? If we WANT to keep marriage heterosexual, shouldn't we be fighting FOR keeping these marriages till death do we part, not just until we can't stand each other any more, we find someone we think we like better, etc? No one is protesting at divorce hearings about what God's true plan for marriage is; maybe it is the married people who aren't keeping the sanctity of marriage..... I know more homosexual couples who have been together longer than most married couples! Not saying I agree but just making a point.

I understnad that there are instances in which marriages need to be dissolved, such as abuse, etc b/c that is a safety issue etc so please don't get me wrong there. I just think that divorces are far too easy to get these days, and anyone can get married too. Maybe marriage counseling needs to be mandated for all marriages, regardless if they are held in a civil ceremony or not.

--hide--
Heather, I think you make a good point, we might have lost this along time ago. This student at Harvard, makes some great points on this subject in a debate. I think he is on to something and I could see it going just as he states. See what you think??? www.ncregister.com

Feb 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Heather-705104 said: I just heard on the news this morning that same sex marriage in the state of Il is basically on...
(Quote) Heather-705104 said:

--hide--

You said, "BUT, many people are arguing that by making same sex marriage legal, the sanctity of marriage is being ruined."

The sanctity of marriage is ruined because so-called same-sex marriage is a mockery of marriage. As such, it denigrates marriage to be no more two people getting together to do nothing but rutting around in perverted sexuality.

Just like two kids playing house. It can be cute, but hardly reality. A child dressing up in Mom's or Pop's clothes may be cute, but it does not make them adults.

Same-sex marriage, however, is the culmination of a long history of making a mockery of marriage and denigrating it. For too long society has approved of and celebrated serial polygamy via easy divorce. When I was a lot younger there was some celebrity, whose name escapes me at the moment, who changed wives so often that the media treated each new marriage as a standing joke. The last I remember of him was when he married for the 14th time. Big time comedians like Bob Hope got many a laughs at his expense.

Today, we don't blink an eye and merely talk about how well the new partners do or don't fit together until, of course, they separate.

The first shots have already been fired to legalize polygamy and polyandry. And perverts are already boldly proposing that sex between children and adults should be legalized and celebrated.

How far this all will go, only God knows. But one thing is certain, sooner or later society will wake up to the utter stupidity of it all. When that happens, the reaction will not be pleasant to behold. The end result will be that all these perverts will be worse off then they were when they began this seemingly unending claims for their rights.

Feb 28th 2013 new

In 1962 Illinois became the first state to repeal its anti-sodomy laws as suggested by the Model Penal Code. More social engineering by elites...amazing how support for "equality" comes so heavily from the ueber-wealthy.

Feb 28th 2013 new

The Physical Ashen Remains of Sodom & Gomorrah

The remains of Sodom and Gomorrah, situated beside the Dead Sea, can be easily visited today. These sites were first identified by Ron Wyatt in the late 1980s. As this video shows, Lab tests help confirm that these locations are indeed the remains of the ancient cities, destroyed by the fire and brimstone as described in Genesis 19. These cities are a testimony to the validity of God's Word, and a reminder that God is both a God of justice as well as mercy

www.youtube.com

Feb 28th 2013 new

Great points Heather. These are very important points! Thank you for shining light on these issues from a very important angle. Sunrise

Feb 28th 2013 new
Critical thinking on the issue has been shutdown by canards and distortions. I can't even have a discussion about the issue with many young people because these distortions color their reality because of the media and public schools.
Feb 28th 2013 new
Not sure if that last comment was aimed towards me but all I am saying or asking is why aren't people standing up for the real sanctity of marriage...the first marriage. Why aren't people standing against divorce? That's all I am asking is why ,ore people aren't standing up for this.
Feb 28th 2013 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: Critical thinking on the issue has been shutdown by canards and distortions. I can't even have a disc...
(Quote) John-220051 said: Critical thinking on the issue has been shutdown by canards and distortions. I can't even have a discussion about the issue with many young people because these distortions color their reality because of the media and public schools.
--hide--

You're a hater, a bigot, a homophobe or worse if you dare to question the sacred dogmas of these brainwashed young people. This country truly is becoming more and more fascist.

Feb 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Heather-705104 said: Not sure if that last comment was aimed towards me but all I am saying or asking is why aren't peo...
(Quote) Heather-705104 said: Not sure if that last comment was aimed towards me but all I am saying or asking is why aren't people standing up for the real sanctity of marriage...the first marriage. Why aren't people standing against divorce? That's all I am asking is why ,ore people aren't standing up for this.
--hide--

Probably because all the taboos against divorce have been broken years ago. Today we are presented with "statistics" showing how stable and loving gay couples are. From what I know of their community, gays are wildly promiscuous and heavy drug users. The homosexual movement, like the drug counterculture before it, seems intended to create unstable people who aren't able to control themselves. Of course, when someone can't control himself, someone else is controlling him. Thus, as our country has become less and less free, our courts have discovered more and more private rights to basically any sexual behavior imaginable under ill-defined penumbras.

Posts 1 - 10 of 29