Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Feb 28th 2013 new

I do agree that the taboos of divorce have been broken years ago. It is sad and unfortunately you can't force someone to stay married. Our culture and society has become a disposable one. As soon as something breaks, just toss it and get new (because it is more expensive to repair things than to just get a new one). People do it with marriage too.

I don't know too many gays but I do see the point about sexual promiscuity. But to be fair, I know a TON of sexually promiscuous heteros too. I think that is just what our society has become. Sex isn't held sacred any more by anyone, hetero or not. It completely appalls me but that's where our society has gone.....

Feb 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Heather-705104 said: I do agree that the taboos of divorce have been broken years ago. It is sad and unfortunately y...
(Quote) Heather-705104 said:

I do agree that the taboos of divorce have been broken years ago. It is sad and unfortunately you can't force someone to stay married. Our culture and society has become a disposable one. As soon as something breaks, just toss it and get new (because it is more expensive to repair things than to just get a new one). People do it with marriage too.

I don't know too many gays but I do see the point about sexual promiscuity. But to be fair, I know a TON of sexually promiscuous heteros too. I think that is just what our society has become. Sex isn't held sacred any more by anyone, hetero or not. It completely appalls me but that's where our society has gone.....

--hide--

The gay rights movement was just part of the sexual revolution, which was intended to make everyone more promiscuous and irrational. The sexual revolution was a planned project to corrupt the United States and the rest of the Western World. Tax-exempt foundations had been working to wreck the United States for years before the 1960s. For example, the Rockefeller Foundation funded the disgusting "research" of pedophile Alfred Kinsey. In the 1950s the Reece Commission investigated the subversive activities of tax-exempt foundations. Make no mistake about it; sexual liberation is only about control. Just look at how the gay marriage sham is going in high drive at the same time that workers' rights are being destroyed. Solid religious belief, unions and strong communities are threats to psychopaths who want to exploit and remake society.

Feb 28th 2013 new
This Cold War era Russian Orthodox prayer seems mighty appropriate these days.

O Lord Jesus Christ our God, forgive our iniquities. Through the intercessions of Thy most pure Mother, save the suffering [American] people from the yoke of the godless authority. Amen.
Feb 28th 2013 new
(Quote) Sean-851370 said: The gay rights movement was just part of the sexual revolution, which was intended to make everyone more...
(Quote) Sean-851370 said:

The gay rights movement was just part of the sexual revolution, which was intended to make everyone more promiscuous and irrational. The sexual revolution was a planned project to corrupt the United States and the rest of the Western World. Tax-exempt foundations had been working to wreck the United States for years before the 1960s. For example, the Rockefeller Foundation funded the disgusting "research" of pedophile Alfred Kinsey. In the 1950s the Reece Commission investigated the subversive activities of tax-exempt foundations. Make no mistake about it; sexual liberation is only about control. Just look at how the gay marriage sham is going in high drive at the same time that workers' rights are being destroyed. Solid religious belief, unions and strong communities are threats to psychopaths who want to exploit and remake society.

--hide--

The unions are part of the radical cabal. SEIU, AFL-CIO, etc. are pushing gay marriage today.
Feb 28th 2013 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: The unions are part of the radical cabal. SEIU, AFL-CIO, etc. are pushing gay marriage today.
(Quote) John-220051 said:

The unions are part of the radical cabal. SEIU, AFL-CIO, etc. are pushing gay marriage today.
--hide--

Yep...they're long gone as a source of good. Workers' rights are out. Unceasing praise for sodomy is in. The whole thing is one interlocking oligarchical cabal.

No surprise that sodomy has been elevated to such a high status, as sodomy is by nature brutal and exploitative. Fits in with the whole free-trade and globalist mindset.

Feb 28th 2013 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: This Cold War era Russian Orthodox prayer seems mighty appropriate these days. O Lord Jesus Chris...
(Quote) John-220051 said: This Cold War era Russian Orthodox prayer seems mighty appropriate these days.

O Lord Jesus Christ our God, forgive our iniquities. Through the intercessions of Thy most pure Mother, save the suffering [American] people from the yoke of the godless authority. Amen.
--hide--

The Soviet propagandists never could come close to the experts in public opinion and relations in the West.

Feb 28th 2013 new

Your state has my prayers.

Its probably going to be legal in NZL by May. The select committee reported back to our parliament yesterday, and of the 21,000 odd submissions they recieved about the "marriage equality" bill, only 8,000 were opposed, and apparently only 2,000 of them were considered "unique".

But you know what's gotten us to this point? Contraception and fornication.

Contraception has removed from sex the procreative aspect. When society can accept John and Jane's intentionally sterile relationship, then it really isn't that hard to accept Bruce and Barry's inherently sterile relationship.The problem here then, is what is marriage? When you remove the procreative aspect, you're left with the unititive, which roughly equates to "love" in this fluffy Hallmark day and age. Therefore, if marriage is only about love, then Bruce and Barry have no problem philosophically, getting married. Just like Jane and Steve and Barry and Herb and Annie can all get married, becuase they "love" each other, and after all, isn't that what matters? Love? [/sarcasm]

Contraception allowed people to fornicate en masse, it meant people, especially women, could focus on education and career and put off marriage till later in life - now I'm not saying education and career progression for women is a bad thing, but it is if a woman is fornicating up a storm. She's enjoying the benefits of something meant only for marriage, and without the security net offered by marriage.

Of course, the contraception mentality has lead to abortion, but that's another rant.

Now, studies have come out, and are starting to become more public, that the mroe sexual partners a woman has the more likely her marriage is to end in divorce, I saw a stat that said 67% increase risked of divorce for women who'd fornicated. And it didn't even matter if it had been with only one guy, who she went onto marry.

Marriages between two virgins, a divorce rate of less than one percent. Marriages where contraception is involved, also have significantly higher rates of divorce. Marriages where NFP is employed, have a risk of 2 - 4% China, of all places, have done studies where one village was allowed to use NFP and another village could use other methods of artificial contraception. The village that used the NFP, lower rates of divorce, lower rates of pregnancy - they actually allow NFP as a "contraceptive" method in China. In China!!

So who's destorying marriage? Its not really individuals, its a mindset, laid deep in society's psyche from the debauched sins that took place decades ago.

"Gay marriage" is just another weed grown from the seeds of the "sexual revolution".

Feb 28th 2013 new

"It makes perfect if unfortunate sense, then, that the Anglicans are today imploding over the issue of homosexuality. To quote Anscombe again:

If contraceptive intercourse is permissible, then what objection could there be after all to mutual masturbation, or copulation in vase indebito, sodomy, buggery (I should perhaps remark that I am using a legal term here—not indulging in bad language), when normal copulation is impossible or inadvisable (or in any case, according to taste)? It can’t be the mere pattern of bodily behavior in which the stimulation is procured that makes all the difference! But if such things are all right, it becomes perfectly impossible to see anything wrong with homosexual intercourse, for example. I am not saying: if you think contraception all right you will do these other things; not at all. The habit of respectability persists and old prejudices die hard. But I am saying: you will have no solid reason against these things. You will have no answer to someone who proclaims as many do that they are good too. You cannot point to the known fact that Christianity drew people out of the pagan world, always saying no to these things. Because, if you are defending contraception, you will have rejected Christian tradition.

By giving benediction in 1930 to its married heterosexual members purposely seeking sterile sex, the Anglican Church lost, bit by bit, any authority to tell her other members—married or unmarried, homosexual or heterosexual—not to do the same. To put the point another way, once heterosexuals start claiming the right to act as homosexuals, it would not be long before homosexuals start claiming the rights of heterosexuals.

Thus in a bizarre but real sense did Lambeth’s attempt to show compassion to married heterosexuals inadvertently give rise to the modern gay-rights movement—and consequently, to the issues that have divided their church ever since. It is hard to believe that anyone seeking a similar change in Catholic teaching on the subject would want the Catholic Church to follow suit into the moral and theological confusion at the center of today’s Anglican Church—yet such is the purposeful ignorance of so many who oppose Rome on birth control that they refuse to connect these cautionary historical dots."

From The Vindication of Humanae Vitae by Mary Eberstadt

www.firstthings.com

Feb 28th 2013 new

Check out this video...it talks about the consequences of removing the procreative aspect of the conjugal act...

www.youtube.com

Mar 1st 2013 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: Critical thinking on the issue has been shutdown by canards and distortions. I can't even have a disc...
(Quote) John-220051 said: Critical thinking on the issue has been shutdown by canards and distortions. I can't even have a discussion about the issue with many young people because these distortions color their reality because of the media and public schools.
--hide--

Exactly. No one is allowed to have any critical thinking about any of the new idols that have captured the souls of so many. It has been banned by condemnation of anyone who tries.

Lets hope God can still find faith in the future here on this earth.

Posts 11 - 20 of 29