Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

02/28/2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: In my head: "You'll respond even less well to threats". &quo...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

In my head:

"You'll respond even less well to threats".

"Oh, I'm sorry, did I offend your delicate sensitivities, your majesty?"

Out of my mouth:

"Ah... what do you mean?"

--hide--

you one funny kiwi

02/28/2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: In my head: "You'll respond even less well to threats". &quo...

In my head:

Out of my mouth:

--hide--

you one funny kiwi

02/28/2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: In my head: "You'll respond even less well to th...

In my head:

Out of my mouth:

--hide--

you one funny kiwi

02/28/2013 new

(Quote) John-184825 said: Your internal or external reaction if early on (first date or a little before or after that) the o...
(Quote) John-184825 said:

Your internal or external reaction if early on (first date or a little before or after that) the other party says, "I don't respond well to criticism."

--hide--

My internal thought would perhaps be, "I am forewarned." My external reaction would probably be to simply listen and wait and see if this person would add anything else, such as an example or an explanation as to what they mean. If none would be forthcoming, I would probably not say anything, let it slide, but take notice of the person's reaction in the future, if I would encounter it. goldfish

03/01/2013 new

I think that, for me, the upshot of the situation is, if you're going to pick up your marbles and go home each time something I do or say doesn't please you...good riddance.

03/01/2013 new
(Quote) Marge-938695 said: I think that, for me, the upshot of the situation is, if you're going to pick up your marbles and go home e...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

I think that, for me, the upshot of the situation is, if you're going to pick up your marbles and go home each time something I do or say doesn't please you...good riddance.

--hide--
Marge as usual a few good responses here. To the question-- who really does respond well to criticism?? I find its not what is said sometimes but the way it is said. And I know I need to be more careful because I can be pretty sarcastic, bu that is not well received by many people. I'm working on that. But if someone told me they didn't respond well to criticism, I might thing they were not open to improve something that another thought was a disadvantage or could be perceived that way.
03/01/2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: I think that, for me, the upshot of the situation is, if you're going to pick up your marbles...

--hide--

laughing Well said!

03/01/2013 new

(Quote) Francine-132290 said: My internal thought would perhaps be, "I am forewarned." My external reaction wo...
(Quote) Francine-132290 said:

My internal thought would perhaps be, "I am forewarned." My external reaction would probably be to simply listen and wait and see if this person would add anything else, such as an example or an explanation as to what they mean. If none would be forthcoming, I would probably not say anything, let it slide, but take notice of the person's reaction in the future, if I would encounter it.

--hide--
Thanks for your comments. It sounds like yours is a wait-for-more-evidence approach. That seems to be both moderate and prudent in this situation.

03/01/2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: I think that, for me, the upshot of the situation is, if you're going to pick up your marbles...

--hide--
If you don't have a marble staircase for the girl to hurl 'em down and a pop for clean up too.

03/01/2013 new

After reading the replies written so far, a few more questions occur to me that might be good to ask the one who says, "I don't respond well to criticism".

1. If something arises in your life that seems to be harmful or unfair, do you just accept it without ever voicing any criticism or complaint?

2. How can a real relationship develop between two imperfect people if all criticism is disallowed?

3. Have you never criticise anyone for anything?

4. What would you think about someone's telling you, "I don't respond well to criticism".

Posts 31 - 40 of 53