Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

03/02/2013 new

(Quote) Roystan-340472 said: Withdrawal is futile as the criticism will still waft in the air down to the depths...
(Quote) Roystan-340472 said:

Withdrawal is futile as the criticism will still waft in the air down to the depths of the shell through the arm, leg and neck-holes --- unless you have sliding panels to seal off the apertures, which would be pretty cool as even a slider turtle's shell doesn't have sliding panels.

Anyway, 'doesn't respond well' doesn't mean doesn't respond quirkily. Keep the noise of the criticism at bay by occupying the space inside your head with counterthoughts about other things ... such as ... whether people who spell 'criticize' with an 's' should also say 'zed' instead of 'zee' in order to subvert the established spelling and pronunciation order just for the heck of it.

Subversion just for the heck of it ... in the ornery spirit of rebellion (or of independence) ... let that thar criticism wash away like water off a turtle's back ... or is that thar 'criticizm'?

--hide--
Enough said, 'er zed, from Syd.

03/02/2013 new

(Quote) John-184825 said: Hi Lauren, Thanks for taking the time to write an interesting reply. It was good to read th...
(Quote) John-184825 said:

Hi Lauren,

Thanks for taking the time to write an interesting reply. It was good to read that Pete was willing to "listen" to your letters. Maybe his missing those letters despite their disapproving aspects meant that he missed how they conveyed that he was in your mind and heart. Also it was good to see how you gave him time and did not demand an instantaneous apology.

John

--hide--

It usually worked where we both apologized lol and sometimes it was me that apologized :-). But, it gave us a chance to talk about it after we both had been able to lower our barameters and think about the situation. And sometimes it brought to his attention something he had done that upset me that he was unaware of. . .

03/02/2013 new

(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: It usually worked where we both apologized lol and sometimes it was me that apologized :-). But,...
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said:

It usually worked where we both apologized lol and sometimes it was me that apologized :-). But, it gave us a chance to talk about it after we both had been able to lower our barometers and think about the situation. And sometimes it brought to his attention something he had done that upset me that he was unaware of. . .

--hide--
Probably the mere fact of living daily a situation where the other party was willing to listen to you and consider what you say and what you feel was a huge plus. In a lot of marriages it's the opposite where one party knows that he or she will never be heard or cinsidered.

Posts 51 - 53 of 53