Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Feb 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Denise-687929 said: www.patheos.com
(Quote) Denise-687929 said:

www.patheos.com

--hide--
Can't really blame comedian Seth McFarlane, after all he's a known quantity. Blame the Academy for hiring him. They had to know there would be plenty of inappropriate, junior high school humor. Didn't watch it because I was only interested in the results.

Feb 28th 2013 new

Thank you Peter for your comments. I heard them talking about the Oscar's Impropriety on Relevant Radio.

Mar 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: Can't really blame comedian Seth McFarlane, after all he's a known quantity. Blame the Ac...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

Can't really blame comedian Seth McFarlane, after all he's a known quantity. Blame the Academy for hiring him. They had to know there would be plenty of inappropriate, junior high school humor. Didn't watch it because I was only interested in the results.

--hide--

Totally agree! I had to laugh when people were complaining about some of the things he said...what did they expect?!

Mar 1st 2013 new

I did not watch it either THANK YOU GOD! note because I did not think I would feel uplifted by it. I have not checked out the link posted here but I will when I get a moment. I did see his disgusting song about a woman's body parts.(Saturday Night Live has been pretty gross for the run of their show.. too but they are on late...) I could not believe it when I watched a video of the ridiculous song he sang this year that I just mentioned. I remember the year they sang a song about how "It's hard out there for a pimp." Disgusting.

I am glad I skipped it. They are disgusting. I am only interested in the results and not the gowns, jewelry, interviews or any thing else.

One of my former boyfriends used to say that it is juvenile to have a group of people who are focused on themselves who get dressed up to congratulate themselves this way.. I agree. I don't care for Family Guy or any sort of crass humor. I am glad someone is complaining about whatever he did besides that lousy song. He and his humor are very base and low. It is not funny...I would slap the brat if I had a chance.. maybe he was never disciplined for anything...

How can anyone grow up to do that and be paid for it? ashamed

Mar 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Denise-687929 said: www.patheos.com

www.patheos.com

--hide--

That was a great article. THANK YOU.

Here is a small portion of it:

It could be that MacFarlane really isn’t that bright. After all, real comedy takes a lot of intelligence. You have to be smarter than the audience to surprise them. There is nothing smart about dressing up like a pre-Vatican Two nun and swinging from the ceiling. Or using some gay men – in a musical mockery of the naked breasts of several of the actresses right in front of you.

And about that “We Saw Your Boobs” number…. It was inappropriate to ridicule those actresses by name in the presence of their friends, colleagues and fans. It wasn’t “all in good fun.’ It was mean and cheap. Even if their acting choices were questionable, they didn’t have ridicule coming – especially from such a one as McFarlane – and particularly on such a night as that. It was inappropriate.

- See more at: www.patheos.com

Mar 1st 2013 new

Thank you Laura and Marian for your comments and reading the article.

Mar 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Denise-687929 said: Thank you Laura and Marian for your comments and reading the article.

Thank you Laura and Marian for your comments and reading the article.

--hide--

You are welcome. What a fool this guy- Seth MacFarlane is. Hollywood and all the media is an unsavory breeding ground for filth. The year I heard that pimp song I was nauseated. It only has become worse.

Posts 1 - 8 of 8