Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Mar 1st 2013 new
(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: Brenda, you have had a lot of trauma in your life and I must commend you that God has been your Savior allowing y...
(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: Brenda, you have had a lot of trauma in your life and I must commend you that God has been your Savior allowing you sight of a future unknown but accepted. I am in awe of you. Eileen
--hide--

Thanks Eileen hug
Mar 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: I was at work Sunday night and just about to put our names on the patient information board when I noti...
(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: I was at work Sunday night and just about to put our names on the patient information board when I noticed there wasn't a marker. I was going next door to get one when my shoe stuck to the floor. One minute I was standing and the next I was flat on the floor in the doorway! I heard the patient's son say "Mother, I think your nurse just fell to the floor." I knew my knee hurt but my pride was bruised when he was standing over me asking if I needed a wheelchair! Oh, my aching patella! (Kneecap)>>>> Does anyone want to share an embarassing story?
--hide--

I remember that commercial from the 90's. It has to be about 20 years old. Still one of the best commercials of all time!

Mar 9th 2013 new

How is your knee, Eileen?

Mar 10th 2013 new
(Quote) Beverly-936499 said: How is your knee, Eileen?
(Quote) Beverly-936499 said:

How is your knee, Eileen?

--hide--
I am going,to get it x-rated tomorrow. Oh my, I just looked at that, this,iPad makes me laugh when it thinks it can read my mind! As you know, an X-ray because my knee is painful to kneel and i just want to know my patella isn't fractured. Thanks for asking Beverly. Eileen
Mar 10th 2013 new

I kind of thought when you first posted - Oh, gee, not a good thing at our age. Knees take a long time to get over even the pain of deep tissue damage, much less fractures. Sorry dear gal for your pain.

Mar 10th 2013 new

Embarassing. Do any of you remember a Far Side comic strip where the guy was trying to to into a door marked "Pull" and he was trying to push it open? Above the door was a sign that said "Gifted and Talented." Well...I am by no means gifted and talented, but the door thing - that's me!

Mar 10th 2013 new

There is another one about this small, town, South Louisiana girl going to the big city of San Antonio and looking for a job. My first experience in an elevator that talked to you....I probably don't have to say more than that. There was definitely a failure in communication.

Mar 10th 2013 new

I remember as a teenager having a crush on the boy next door. Battling eyelashes (yes, literally) I was out in the back lots keeping my eyes on a burning trash tile for my Dad when this boy came by on his bike and stopped for a visit. In my excitement at having such a great visit with the source of my attentions, I was talking in a more animated way then even I normally do. While relating some antidote and giggling, I took one or two steps back and inadvertently stepped back into the glowing embers of the trash pile. I was wearing, what for lack of a better descriptive phrase, I will call Jesus sandals. Needless to say, it took but an instant to realize the situation I was in but my pride got the best of me. I made no sudden movements, but calmly said, "I'm sorry, but I hear Mom calling me. I have to go." muted I then casually drew my foot forward out of the embers and began moving forward as he jumped back on his bike and left.

I succumbed to a serious limp and perhaps even some tears streaming down my face, as soon as he was safely on his way. My foot quickly blistered up around all the straps. I really don't recall what was involved in getting the sandal off but I do recall being on crutches for the next couple weeks. embarassed I don't remember what lame excuse I gave at school for the crutches but I do remember NOT wanting the truth to get back to the young man, because I knew I would end up looking twice as foolish to him as I would have if I'd have started screaming and jumping out of the fire.

What can I say? My motto has always been; "Never let them see you sweat." rolling eyes

Mar 11th 2013 new

Wow. What terrific self-possession! highfive

Mar 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Wow. What terrific self-possession!
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Wow. What terrific self-possession!

--hide--

tee, hee.... Well, Marge...I guess that's one thing you could call it! wink laughing

Posts 11 - 20 of 25