Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

Does anyone know of any meet-ups in Wisconsin or Minnesota. I keep seeing them in places that are a little too far for me to travel sad

Feb 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Jessica-897416 said: Does anyone know of any meet-ups in Wisconsin or Minnesota. I keep seeing them in places that a...
(Quote) Jessica-897416 said:

Does anyone know of any meet-ups in Wisconsin or Minnesota. I keep seeing them in places that are a little too far for me to travel

--hide--

Nothing coming up in our area that I'm aware of. There's never been one in Minnesota that I can recall, although I've been to a few in the Milwaukee - Oshkosh - Green Bay area. The lady who used to organize them hasn't been able to in the last couple of years, due to a new job that involves a lot of out of state travel... that's the big thing with the CM events, somebody has to step up and announce one. Even if it is simply a visit to an interesting place, Mass, and then dinner on a Saturday evening, at least a few people will come... that is a starting point to build on for future get togethers.

Feb 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Jessica-897416 said: Does anyone know of any meet-ups in Wisconsin or Minnesota. I keep seeing them in places that a...
(Quote) Jessica-897416 said:

Does anyone know of any meet-ups in Wisconsin or Minnesota. I keep seeing them in places that are a little too far for me to travel

--hide--

There is some stirring among the Minnesotans....perhaps a pilgrimage to the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe in La Crosse, WI in mid-May - Mass, lunch, walk-about... Interest? Thoughts? We would need to RSVP for the restaurant.

www.guadalupeshrine.org

Now is as good a time as any to float the idea...

Feb 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Michael-76823 said: Nothing coming up in our area that I'm aware of. There's never been one in Minne...
(Quote) Michael-76823 said:

Nothing coming up in our area that I'm aware of. There's never been one in Minnesota that I can recall, although I've been to a few in the Milwaukee - Oshkosh - Green Bay area. The lady who used to organize them hasn't been able to in the last couple of years, due to a new job that involves a lot of out of state travel... that's the big thing with the CM events, somebody has to step up and announce one. Even if it is simply a visit to an interesting place, Mass, and then dinner on a Saturday evening, at least a few people will come... that is a starting point to build on for future get togethers.

--hide--

Michael is right. If YOU build it, they will come. Start with something simple, unless you are big planner.

Feb 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Alice-788574 said: There is some stirring among the Minnesotans....perhaps a pilgrimage to the Shrine o...
(Quote) Alice-788574 said:

There is some stirring among the Minnesotans....perhaps a pilgrimage to the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe in La Crosse, WI in mid-May - Mass, lunch, walk-about... Interest? Thoughts? We would need to RSVP for the restaurant.

www.guadalupeshrine.org

Now is as good a time as any to float the idea...

--hide--

Actually, Alice, I've been wanting to take the train up there (which goes in and out of Chicago) to go to the shrine for a couple years now. If you planned a day pilgrimage, I would most definitely come up from Chicago if it was a day that I'm available (which can be arranged most days). I would just need to be picked up from the train station or somewhere nearby. This is a great idea! And, not limited to you Minnesotans and Wisconsinites(is that the right word?), but also us Illinoisans (or at least Chicagoans who can catch the train).

Feb 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Actually, Alice, I've been wanting to take the train up there (which goes in and ou...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

Actually, Alice, I've been wanting to take the train up there (which goes in and out of Chicago) to go to the shrine for a couple years now. If you planned a day pilgrimage, I would most definitely come up from Chicago if it was a day that I'm available (which can be arranged most days). I would just need to be picked up from the train station or somewhere nearby. This is a great idea! And, not limited to you Minnesotans and Wisconsinites(is that the right word?), but also us Illinoisans (or at least Chicagoans who can catch the train).

--hide--

Yes, people from other states are more than welcome to show up. It's a public place and a CM funtion, no one will be turned away, unless your name is Alice. eyepopping wide eyed laughing So, Illinois, Iowa (did I just really invite Iowans? *l*), Missouri, Minnesota, Wisconsin. You name it, show up. Arrangements can be made to pick you up, Patricia. If anything else, I'll do it. Not saying you won't regret me picking you up, but I'm just saying. *l*

Feb 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Actually, Alice, I've been wanting to take the train up there (which goes in and ou...

--hide--

The shrine is quite nice. I was there right after it opened. Love the small chapel with the pyramid of candles and stained glass.

Janet from WI has helped organize several events. I don't know if she's currently a subscriber, but she and a few other people who've attended over on her side of the state (Milwaukee area) might be thrilled to join in.

Feb 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Dan-656122 said: Yes, people from other states are more than welcome to show up. It's a public place and...
(Quote) Dan-656122 said:

Yes, people from other states are more than welcome to show up. It's a public place and a CM funtion, no one will be turned away, unless your name is Alice. So, Illinois, Iowa (did I just really invite Iowans? *l*), Missouri, Minnesota, Wisconsin. You name it, show up. Arrangements can be made to pick you up, Patricia. If anything else, I'll do it. Not saying you won't regret me picking you up, but I'm just saying. *l*

--hide--

Well, thank youl, Dan, you are a true gentleman to make the offer! knight-errant And, since I don't own a car and always travel via foot, bus, train, plane, taxi, and other people's cars, I would be most greatful to accept your offer or anyone else's if this event comes into being (which I sincerely hope it does!)wave

Feb 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Well, thank youl, Dan, you are a true gentleman to make the offer! And, since I don'...

Well, thank youl, Dan, you are a true gentleman to make the offer! And, since I don't own a car and always travel via foot, bus, train, plane, taxi, and other people's cars, I would be most greatful to accept your offer or anyone else's if this event comes into being (which I sincerely hope it does!)

--hide--

sorry, spelling error, greatful shoud be grateful.

Feb 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: sorry, spelling error, greatful shoud be grateful.

sorry, spelling error, greatful shoud be grateful.

--hide--

- as we all shoud be. smile

Posts 1 - 10 of 107