Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

Feb 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Dan-656122 said: Yes, people from other states are more than welcome to show up. It's a public place and...
(Quote) Dan-656122 said:

Yes, people from other states are more than welcome to show up. It's a public place and a CM funtion, no one will be turned away, unless your name is Alice. So, Illinois, Iowa (did I just really invite Iowans? *l*), Missouri, Minnesota, Wisconsin. You name it, show up. Arrangements can be made to pick you up, Patricia. If anything else, I'll do it. Not saying you won't regret me picking you up, but I'm just saying. *l*

--hide--

Gee, Dan, you forgot to invite the people from Michigan (especially the UP) and Indiana (which is right next to Chicago and they could catch our train too).

Feb 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: ... Indiana (which is right next to Chicago ...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

... Indiana (which is right next to Chicago ...

--hide--

- or at least part of it is. smile

Feb 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: ... Indiana (which is right next to Chicago ...

... Indiana (which is right next to Chicago ...

--hide--

- or at least part of it is. smile

Feb 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Gee, Dan, you forgot to invite the people from Michigan (especially the UP) and Indiana...

Gee, Dan, you forgot to invite the people from Michigan (especially the UP) and Indiana (which is right next to Chicago and they could catch our train too).

--hide--

I suppose the people from Michigan and Indiana can come as well. Just need to make sure we keep the Iowans to a minimum. laughing I keed. I keed.

This plan will come together, Patricia. That I can promise you. We've been thinking and planning this for a wee bit. Just have to make some calls to the Shrine. biggrin

Feb 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Dan-656122 said: I suppose the people from Michigan and Indiana can come as well. Just need to make sure we ...
(Quote) Dan-656122 said:

I suppose the people from Michigan and Indiana can come as well. Just need to make sure we keep the Iowans to a minimum. I keed. I keed.

This plan will come together, Patricia. That I can promise you. We've been thinking and planning this for a wee bit. Just have to make some calls to the Shrine.

--hide--

Hear ye, hear ye!

Saturday, June 1. Mass is at 12:15, Confessions beforehand at 11:00. I suggest we meet at the visitor center at 10:00 (it takes about 20 minutes to hike up to the church and we'll want to poke around). I can reserve for the restaurant after Mass if you would kindly RSVP by May 25.

If you are truly serious about a meet-up at the Shrine, send me a message and we'll get it done!

Feb 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Alice-788574 said: Hear ye, hear ye! Saturday, June 1. Mass is at 12:15, Confes...
(Quote) Alice-788574 said:

Hear ye, hear ye!

Saturday, June 1. Mass is at 12:15, Confessions beforehand at 11:00. I suggest we meet at the visitor center at 10:00 (it takes about 20 minutes to hike up to the church and we'll want to poke around). I can reserve for the restaurant after Mass if you would kindly RSVP by May 25.

If you are truly serious about a meet-up at the Shrine, send me a message and we'll get it done!

--hide--

This is the way to get it done! highfive Alice!... select a venue, plan a date, put it up! Fellow CMers of the Upper Midwest (and beyone), if you have never been to a get-together or CM meet-up before, here is a great place to start. Make a pilgrimage with some of the nicest people you'll ever meet. You have nothing to lose, except another boring day spent sitting behind the computer screen wondering why you never meet anybody.

Feb 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Alice-788574 said: Hear ye, hear ye! Saturday, June 1. Mass is at 12:15, Confes...

Hear ye, hear ye!

--hide--

I just want to let you know that there is virtually no hotel availability - particularly Friday night. I would have to come in the day before and leave the day after and so searched several sites for hotel room for 2 nights. Almost every hotel is booked solid (so I think there must be some type of event going on in or near La Crosse). I only found 2 expensive hotels (over $100 per night plus tax) that had any openings at all. I don't know if this would be an issue for anyone else, but for those coming any distance, would likely have to at least come in Friday night to stay over (definitely if taking the train as there is only one train per day each way.) I would be happy to stay 2 nights, but there is no way I can spend that much (as I am also going to CM Phoenix at the end of April). I've never seen so many hotels booked solid, and I tried both Orbitz and Booking and Expedia. I also tried looking for Bed and Breakfasts and couldn't find anything open downtown La Crosse (train station I believe is near downtown area). Any suggestions?

Feb 28th 2013 new

Hear ye, hear ye!

--hide--

Alice that sounds fun ..sign me up and even though I am close to the Shrine I have to say I have never gone.

Feb 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: I just want to let you know that there is virtually no hotel availability - particularl...

I just want to let you know that there is virtually no hotel availability - particularly Friday night. I would have to come in the day before and leave the day after and so searched several sites for hotel room for 2 nights. Almost every hotel is booked solid (so I think there must be some type of event going on in or near La Crosse). I only found 2 expensive hotels (over $100 per night plus tax) that had any openings at all. I don't know if this would be an issue for anyone else, but for those coming any distance, would likely have to at least come in Friday night to stay over (definitely if taking the train as there is only one train per day each way.) I would be happy to stay 2 nights, but there is no way I can spend that much (as I am also going to CM Phoenix at the end of April). I've never seen so many hotels booked solid, and I tried both Orbitz and Booking and Expedia. I also tried looking for Bed and Breakfasts and couldn't find anything open downtown La Crosse (train station I believe is near downtown area). Any suggestions?

--hide--

Patricia I am willing to pick you up and bring you to Rochester where there are plenty of hotels thanks to the Mayo Clinic. I have taken that train from Winona to Chicago and it is a nice ride. Where you planning on getting off at Winona that would be the best for me?

Feb 28th 2013 new
(Quote) Alice-788574 said: There is some stirring among the Minnesotans....perhaps a pilgrimage to the Shrine of Our Lady of G...

There is some stirring among the Minnesotans....perhaps a pilgrimage to the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe in La Crosse, WI in mid-May - Mass, lunch, walk-about... Interest? Thoughts? We would need to RSVP for the restaurant.

www.guadalupeshrine.org

Now is as good a time as any to float the idea...

--hide--
There was a Cm gathering in LaCrosse at that shrine about 4 years ago and it was a fun time. Only about 4-5 people were in the group.
Posts 11 - 20 of 107