Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

Feb 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: As I just posted, lots of rooms available in Rochester (I didn't check Winona - I&#...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

As I just posted, lots of rooms available in Rochester (I didn't check Winona - I'm unfamiliar with the locations of towns/cities there so I just based my search on what Al said and he was right!) So, tentatively put me on your list (and I will finalize with you after all reservations for train/hotel and generous offer of transportation (ie., Al) are confirmed.

--hide--

Excellent! Things will firm up as we get closer to June 1!

Feb 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Shirley-9275 said: I went on a pilgrimage to the shrine in La Crosse last fall. It was a rainy day,...
(Quote) Shirley-9275 said:

I went on a pilgrimage to the shrine in La Crosse last fall. It was a rainy day, but still enjoyed the visit. I love the church that is there. It is very beautiful. The Memorial to the Unborn is so special.

Depending on when the pilgrimage is, I would be interested in driving up to meet everyone.

Peace and prayers,

Shirley

--hide--

June 1. Keep an eye on this thread for more details as we draw closer to the date. I want FIRM RSVPs by May 25 (or you find your own lunch - not necessarily a bad thing if you find someone to have lunch with!).

Feb 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Alice-788574 said: June 1. Keep an eye on this thread for more details as we draw closer to the...
(Quote) Alice-788574 said:

June 1. Keep an eye on this thread for more details as we draw closer to the date. I want FIRM RSVPs by May 25 (or you find your own lunch - not necessarily a bad thing if you find someone to have lunch with!).

--hide--

I just looked at the Shrine website, and since this is a First Saturday, there are special events that day starting at 10:30AM.

And, there is something called a Marian dinner in the evening one can make reservations for (which sounds quite lovely - 3 courses) for $40.

I think you picked a great day, Alice! And, also, the next day it mentions some type of procession for Corpus Christi which is June 2.

Feb 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: I just looked at the Shrine website, and since this is a First Saturday, there are spec...

I just looked at the Shrine website, and since this is a First Saturday, there are special events that day starting at 10:30AM.

And, there is something called a Marian dinner in the evening one can make reservations for (which sounds quite lovely - 3 courses) for $40.

I think you picked a great day, Alice! And, also, the next day it mentions some type of procession for Corpus Christi which is June 2.

--hide--

I think the restaurant is only open until 4pm for general fare, but the three course meal is from 5-9pm, reservations only. It's an option, but my guess is we will want lunch after Mass without necessarily driving into town.

More on the First Saturday devotion:

www.guadalupeshrine.org

Shrine website:

www.guadalupeshrine.org

Mar 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Well, Dan, since you've turned into the official inviter, it sounds like you need t...

Well, Dan, since you've turned into the official inviter, it sounds like you need to invite the Canadians too (excluding their wildlife, of course)!

--hide--

Yeah, OK, fine, even the Canadians can come along too. *l* Heck, bring on the North and South Dakotans as well. *l*

Mar 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Hi, Al, and thank you, that is a wonderful offer! Another good Catholic gentleman - wow...

Hi, Al, and thank you, that is a wonderful offer! Another good Catholic gentleman - wow!

So, I did the research, and you are absolutely right. There are plenty of reasonably priced hotels in Rochester with rooms availabe priced at about $50 plus tax per night with breakfast included . And then I checked Amtrak and it looks like the train gets into Winona about 7:50PM on Friday night and leaves Winona Sunday morning about 10:11AM (and I say about for both times as, of course, it depends on the train being on schedule).( I'm posting all this info here in case anyone else from Chicago or surrounding area would be thinking of taking the Amtrak train.)

So, based on this, it looks like I might be coming to this event (depending on the kindness of strangers - or in this case,a gentleman named Al )

--hide--

I checked Winona and there's a Super 8 for under $100, I believe it was $85. Area is booked rather well that weekend. Must be a convention of some kind. *l* You can check other cities in Minnesota as well, like Caledonia. It's small, but close enough to LaCrosse.

Mar 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: As I just posted, lots of rooms available in Rochester (I didn't check Winona - I&#...

As I just posted, lots of rooms available in Rochester (I didn't check Winona - I'm unfamiliar with the locations of towns/cities there so I just based my search on what Al said and he was right!) So, tentatively put me on your list (and I will finalize with you after all reservations for train/hotel and generous offer of transportation (ie., Al) are confirmed.

--hide--

Patricia sounds like a plan..yeah I have taken the trains from Winona to Chicago and you are right one has to be flexible on the times. That is a pretty time of the year for this area.

Mar 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Alice-788574 said: June 1. Keep an eye on this thread for more details as we draw closer to the...
(Quote) Alice-788574 said:

--hide--

How about an RSVP that's like my muscles, somewhere b/n soft and firm? *l* I keed. I keed. *l*

Mar 1st 2013 new

How about an ex-Minnesotan? Can I come too??? *expectant look*

Actually... I'm going to have to be a "wanna be" as my circumstance won't allow a trip at that time. I truly miss the north country though & a pilgrimage with fellow CMers sounds so wonderful. But wishing you all the best for what looks to be a great event...

His Peace everybody.... wave Praying lovestruck!

Mar 1st 2013 new

I'd love to go to the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe again. Our parish had a trip a few years ago and it is just beautiful. Would everyone want them to play the video re-enactment in the visitors center? As a convert I did not know the history of Our Lady appearing to Juan Diego and everything that happened so it was neat to see the video. Also June is a great time the weather should be lovely.

Posts 31 - 40 of 107