Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

Feb 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: This isn't a 40 year old guy and a 30 year old woman, its not even a 50 year old man and a 30...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

This isn't a 40 year old guy and a 30 year old woman, its not even a 50 year old man and a 30 year old woman. The age difference here is 30 odd years. What if it was a 40 year old having attractions for a 10 year old? Or what if it was a 16 year old and a 46 yeard old? Would age matter then? 16 is the age of consent in a lot of places.

--hide--

Invalid analogy: 20 year olds are adults; neither 10 year olds not 16 years olds are.

Feb 28th 2013 new
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: Invalid analogy: 20 year olds are adults; neither 10 year olds not 16 years olds are.
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

Invalid analogy: 20 year olds are adults; neither 10 year olds not 16 years olds are.

--hide--

There is still a certain ick factor when you consider your date might not have been born yet when you graduated high school or college....
Feb 28th 2013 new
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: There is still a certain ick factor when you consider your date might not have been born yet when you grad...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said:

There is still a certain ick factor when you consider your date might not have been born yet when you graduated high school or college....
--hide--

Or in my case I might have taught them religion classes or they spent time in my home because they were friends of my child...
Feb 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Shannan-733493 said: ....Ralph is saying he ONLY likes teenagers and women in their 20's, even though he is almost 50. ...
(Quote) Shannan-733493 said: ....Ralph is saying he ONLY likes teenagers and women in their 20's, even though he is almost 50. Women in their 30's might be too old for him, he thinks. ....
--hide--

He's probably met a lot of women his age who are ready for "The Home". I know I've met a lot of guys over 45 who are. laughing

Feb 28th 2013 new

I really don't see what the big deal is.
A website like this is all about learning about and learning from and meeting other people. Regardless of who/where/how old they are.

Feb 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: I've always thought that people who are creeped out by an age difference need to grow up....
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

I've always thought that people who are creeped out by an age difference need to grow up.

How about if we welcome everyone in Christian charity?

You never know: the older person may turn out to be Prince(ss) Charming...or have a son/daughter who is!

--hide--

Maybe the people seeking out relationships primarily with people significantly younger than them need to grow up. It is not normal for that to be the case and often stems from immaturity, insecurity and hidden potential psycological issues. You can be open to what God wills for you but to seek this out primarily is not the same thing. If a person of such an advanced age cannot relate to their peers or people closer to their age then they may need to examine why they have not grown up. You do not have to be in a home for you to exhibit and desire mature and age appropriate interaction. There is a reason people are creeped out by this.

Feb 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Ralph-850764 said: What happens when you feel you are young of soul and old body wise, or at least your age is incri...
(Quote) Ralph-850764 said:

What happens when you feel you are young of soul and old body wise, or at least your age is incriminating and offensive towards a young counterpart? When you can't stand comuning with an elders subjects in a adult conference and feel you are better off with the youngsters 18 up and are rejected just because...? I have expirienced this more than once and just a day or so with a member here that flatly said (And I quoat) I was to her understanding to old to be making contact with her. I still can't come over the fact that I can't find a beautiful frienship and if life is as nice as they paint it a deep marrige in love, understanding in God's ways. I still am convinced I can let out that hidden charm of my 20's without scareing them off with my age, allthough I hate to admit it seems evident I have a strong enemy my almost 50. I am motivatedly impressed with the teens, twentys and maybe just some in the 30's but when life tells you likewise you feel so desperate and lonely without hope. It is then when you ask yourself.... What did i do wrong to deserve this punishment? or is it? What is your point of view? Thanks "Thunder Angel" Ralph

--hide--

I think it is common as we get older to feel trapped in our body and think we are really younger than we are. It's time to take stock of the situation...you are not a 20 year old. You don't look like it....and most likely you don't honestly act like it. No matter how much you think you keep up with music and goings on of the 20 year olds, you don't. We all age. Face it and start trying to date ladies your own age. You will be happier, and so will the young people you creeped out.

Feb 28th 2013 new

Just my two cents ...

For Catholics, dating implies seeking a potential spouse. Age ranges are a personal issue when seeking a spouse, however, generational barriers are ,real and genuine. When someone is young enough to be your daughter or son, or old enough to be your father or mother, there is a social barrier there - it may not be acceptable to everyone.

Those barriers aren't just numbers, they are a set of experiences (or lack thereof) that shapes personality, outlook, behaviours and future plans. The generational differences put people in different places in life - there is big difference between wanting to start college and enjoying going to the movies with your friends and dealing with the trials and tribulations of first job experiences and someone who is planning for retirement in a few years.

Age differences that are less than a generation are generally more socially acceptable because the life experience gap is not so huge. A husband and wife are partners in life. A husband is a wife's husband, he is neither her father nor her son; a wife is a husband's wife, she is neither his mother nor his daughter.

Feb 28th 2013 new

I was talking w/ a 25-yo woman at the Apt Fitness Center around 5:30pm today. She's working on her PhD at the University of Kentucky. We both exercise elliptical. Today we discussed the sequester. We've talked before. She's not a kid, and communicates very well intellectually.

I'm looking forward to our next intellectual discussion.

Feb 28th 2013 new

Hi Ralph,

Perhaps you will see why some people see this as much too large of an age gap by looking at it from a different perspective. What would be your reaction if a woman in the age range of 69-79 were to want to initiate a dating relationship with you? I doubt that it would be the same open-minded response that you would like to receive from your contact with the 18-28 year old women. scratchchin

I hope that you find the right woman for you.

Ed

Posts 11 - 20 of 46