Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

Mar 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Bob-59786 said: I was talking w/ a 25-yo woman at the Apt Fitness Center around 5:30pm today. She's working on h...
(Quote) Bob-59786 said:

I was talking w/ a 25-yo woman at the Apt Fitness Center around 5:30pm today. She's working on her PhD at the University of Kentucky. We both exercise elliptical. Today we discussed the sequester. We've talked before. She's not a kid, and communicates very well intellectually.

I'm looking forward to our next intellectual discussion.

--hide--
You must remind her of her grandpa- you stud you

Mar 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: In the interests of blatant honesty, because it comes across as a little creepy...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

In the interests of blatant honesty, because it comes across as a little creepy...

--hide--

Amen, Naomi, well explained. clap

Mar 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Angela-374523 said: Just my two cents ...For Catholics, dating implies seeking a potential spouse. Age range...
(Quote) Angela-374523 said:

Just my two cents ...

For Catholics, dating implies seeking a potential spouse. Age ranges are a personal issue when seeking a spouse, however, generational barriers are ,real and genuine. When someone is young enough to be your daughter or son, or old enough to be your father or mother, there is a social barrier there - it may not be acceptable to everyone.

Those barriers aren't just numbers, they are a set of experiences (or lack thereof) that shapes personality, outlook, behaviours and future plans. The generational differences put people in different places in life - there is big difference between wanting to start college and enjoying going to the movies with your friends and dealing with the trials and tribulations of first job experiences and someone who is planning for retirement in a few years.

Age differences that are less than a generation are generally more socially acceptable because the life experience gap is not so huge. A husband and wife are partners in life. A husband is a wife's husband, he is neither her father nor her son; a wife is a husband's wife, she is neither his mother nor his daughter.

--hide--

clap Bow

Mar 1st 2013 new

(Quote) ED-20630 said: Hi Ralph, Perhaps you will see why some people see this as much too large of an age gap by...
(Quote) ED-20630 said:

Hi Ralph,

Perhaps you will see why some people see this as much too large of an age gap by looking at it from a different perspective. What would be your reaction if a woman in the age range of 69-79 were to want to initiate a dating relationship with you? I doubt that it would be the same open-minded response that you would like to receive from your contact with the 18-28 year old women.

I hope that you find the right woman for you.

Ed

--hide--

highfive

Mar 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Ralph-850764 said: What happens when you feel you are young of soul and old body wise,
(Quote) Ralph-850764 said:

What happens when you feel you are young of soul and old body wise,

--hide--

I suspect there are many people who feel younger than their age suggests, and you're just not finding like persons close to your age.

Mar 1st 2013 new

My, my, my, And like My spiritual brother Swifty would say OH DEARRRR.... I just have to laugh at peoples incredulitys. I will not change my heart will always be nobel no matter what they throw against me and I will allways be the strong and ethical earth angel I was sent from heaven to be. I will strive to be the best and be the the example to others and if God and Jesus allow be the leader to shine with celestial light so that others may follow. I will not be underestimated and show to those who answered hear that I have nothing to hide and ALLWAYS be an example of honer to all ages. To the moderator and to the ones who participated in their comments my deepest and sencere apologys if in anyway I have offended here. I will make clear I will not be underestimated and will continue to set the standards to be the man of honor , dignity and a big brave friend to all the members in this dating forum GOD BLESS YOU ALL! yours Truely in Christ .... "Thunder Angel"

Mar 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Ralph-850764 said: What happens when you feel you are young of soul and old body wise, or at least your age is incri...
(Quote) Ralph-850764 said:

What happens when you feel you are young of soul and old body wise, or at least your age is incriminating and offensive towards a young counterpart? When you can't stand comuning with an elders subjects in a adult conference and feel you are better off with the youngsters 18 up and are rejected just because...? I have expirienced this more than once and just a day or so with a member here that flatly said (And I quoat) I was to her understanding to old to be making contact with her. I still can't come over the fact that I can't find a beautiful frienship and if life is as nice as they paint it a deep marrige in love, understanding in God's ways. I still am convinced I can let out that hidden charm of my 20's without scareing them off with my age, allthough I hate to admit it seems evident I have a strong enemy my almost 50. I am motivatedly impressed with the teens, twentys and maybe just some in the 30's but when life tells you likewise you feel so desperate and lonely without hope. It is then when you ask yourself.... What did i do wrong to deserve this punishment? or is it? What is your point of view? Thanks "Thunder Angel" Ralph

--hide--

I don't necessarily think it is totally out of the realm of possibility that an almost fifty year old man would be interested in younger people. I wasn't quite sure what your interests were though. If you feel young at heart and the topics of conversation are more interesting to you with the younger set I don't see much wrong with that. I am one of the oldest members of my grad program and was also an older undergrad and I get along very well with the younger group, but it is more in a maternal fashion I think. If your primary interest lies in their youthful faces and appearance it might very well come off a bit out of line. My grandmother on my dad's side was 18 when she married my grandfather and he was in his fifties but those were very different times.

One of the problems that I see with such relationships either way male or female who are that much older is the power differential is so different, due to experience, etc, the elder in the equation can and often does exert undue influence on the younger more inexperienced counterpart and in such a case it is not a love relationship but a power relationship and as such can devolve into power struggles and manipulation. I am not saying this is the case here, but it is something I worry about. And, this power differential in relationships need not be confined to relationships with large age disparities, it can come through many avenues. . .educational disparities, financial disparities, even personality disparities.

If you are seeking friends among the younger set, I see no problem with being able to develop friendships. And, it is always possible that a romantic relationship can blossom from such a friendship. But, if you are having difficulty developing the friendships that you seek, perhaps its in your approach that leaves the approached with either ambiguous or mistaken understanding of your intent.

Mar 2nd 2013 new

lol..here here

Mar 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) William-675153 said: You must remind her of her grandpa- you stud you
(Quote) William-675153 said:

You must remind her of her grandpa- you stud you

--hide--

Maybe she'll call me GPB - Grandpa Bob?

Mar 9th 2013 new

I share the same dilemma. My age comes across as a great barrier too. Some women find me too old, and some find me too young for their taste.

I've met some younger women who never had any issues hanging around with me till they find out my birthyear. The scenario usually goes like this: they were attracted just because I come across as somebody having a mindset way ahead of my years... that however goes on only until she finds out how old I really am. And when that happens she gets freaked out and/or creeped out with the idea that she was hanging out with an older man.

For the older ladies, I usually get this "you are a fine chap, too bad you're way too young for me. I pray that you find that young lady for you."

Just a disclaimer, I don't deny nor make any attempts to hide my real age. For the younger women that I meet, I usually volunteer the information that I am way older than they are, but that is dismissed as a joke not until they see my driver's license. It all goes down the drain after that.

Posts 21 - 30 of 46