Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

"Breaking Bad"

Feb 28th 2013 new

Anyone else watching that series?
If so, what grabs you about it?
If not (because you watched it once and didn't like it), what didn't you like?

Feb 28th 2013 new

So....no one cares one way or the other about the show?

Feb 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: So....no one cares one way or the other about the show?
(Quote) Lina-796057 said:

So....no one cares one way or the other about the show?

--hide--

I haven't seen it, but I know a few people who watch it. I know the basic story and I think it's kind of intriguing. I can imagine the show presenting all kinds of moral dilemmas. Do you watch it?

Feb 28th 2013 new

I don't have cable TV, but I had heard about it for several years. My 16-yr-old son started watching the series on Netflix. He told me about many of the episodes, and I watched one or two with him. That was it--I was hooked! (pun somewhat intended) The writing is just incredible, I think, and the character development is very intriguing. We are a little obsessed with the show right now... embarassed I talk morality with my son to combat some of the examples portrayed, but he gets it. So I started talking about the personality change/degradation that has happened to Walt, the main character. The show is yet another thing that has connected my son & me in a good way, and I love that!

Feb 28th 2013 new

My younger brother and sister watch it and I had a friend who really liked it, too. I might have to watch it, especially after reading what you said. That's awesome that you and your son have that in common. I work in an area with a drug problem, but I don't know very much about that "world" or part of society. I feel like it might be a good thing to at least be aware of and familiar with since I'm surrounded by it. It never hurts to be aware...

Feb 28th 2013 new

BB shows how doing a bad thing for supposedly a good reason can lead you down a terrible path.
Various aspects of drug life are shown, things I never would have imagined.

Posts 1 - 6 of 6