Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

"Breaking Bad"

02/28/2013 new

Anyone else watching that series?
If so, what grabs you about it?
If not (because you watched it once and didn't like it), what didn't you like?

02/28/2013 new

So....no one cares one way or the other about the show?

02/28/2013 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: So....no one cares one way or the other about the show?
(Quote) Lina-796057 said:

So....no one cares one way or the other about the show?

--hide--

I haven't seen it, but I know a few people who watch it. I know the basic story and I think it's kind of intriguing. I can imagine the show presenting all kinds of moral dilemmas. Do you watch it?

02/28/2013 new

I don't have cable TV, but I had heard about it for several years. My 16-yr-old son started watching the series on Netflix. He told me about many of the episodes, and I watched one or two with him. That was it--I was hooked! (pun somewhat intended) The writing is just incredible, I think, and the character development is very intriguing. We are a little obsessed with the show right now... embarassed I talk morality with my son to combat some of the examples portrayed, but he gets it. So I started talking about the personality change/degradation that has happened to Walt, the main character. The show is yet another thing that has connected my son & me in a good way, and I love that!

02/28/2013 new

My younger brother and sister watch it and I had a friend who really liked it, too. I might have to watch it, especially after reading what you said. That's awesome that you and your son have that in common. I work in an area with a drug problem, but I don't know very much about that "world" or part of society. I feel like it might be a good thing to at least be aware of and familiar with since I'm surrounded by it. It never hurts to be aware...

02/28/2013 new

BB shows how doing a bad thing for supposedly a good reason can lead you down a terrible path.
Various aspects of drug life are shown, things I never would have imagined.

Posts 1 - 6 of 6