Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Creation of the universe

Feb 28th 2013 new

What are your thoughts about the creation? Can you look at nature, a flower, the ocean, the sun, a nebula or a super cluster of galaxies without wanting to fall on your knees in awe and admiration of the beauty of it all?

* Are you aware of the fact the structure of a single proton is too complex for us to calculate, even using the combined computing power on the whole planet?

* The diameter of the sun is 3000 times less than the diameter of the outer planet Neptune. The diameter of the proton is 100.000 times less than the diameter of the hydrogen atom. This means that there is waaaay more empty space in a atom then in our solar system. Or is it really empty space... scratchchin

Feb 28th 2013 new

I generally think "Wow! God knows a heap of stuff! Maybe I should have asked him for help with my chemistry/physics homework?"

I'm even more amazed by evolution. To be able to know what pathway an organism would take from its single celled beginning in the ooze to, well, us!

I think space has stuff in it, well, not full of it, otherwise it wouldn't be "space". God plastered all those worlds out there, stars, suns, not just for us to find in our generation, but for all future generations to discover.

And I do think, maybe, somewhere out there, is a world, not unlike Earth, or maybe completely different, that has intelligent life on it. How it relates to God, I don't know, but I'm not arrogant enough to think humans are it, and I don't want to pigeonhole God into some square of creation.

God is thoroughly and utterly amazing, His creation expands beyond anything we as mere mortals could ever imagine, and half the fun, is trying to!

Poor atheists, I think it takes more faith to think all this came from nothing, as opposed to some "flying spaghetti monster".

Poor, poor atheists.

Mar 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: I generally think "Wow! God knows a heap of stuff! Maybe I should have asked him for help wi...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

I generally think "Wow! God knows a heap of stuff! Maybe I should have asked him for help with my chemistry/physics homework?"

I'm even more amazed by evolution. To be able to know what pathway an organism would take from its single celled beginning in the ooze to, well, us!

I think space has stuff in it, well, not full of it, otherwise it wouldn't be "space". God plastered all those worlds out there, stars, suns, not just for us to find in our generation, but for all future generations to discover.

And I do think, maybe, somewhere out there, is a world, not unlike Earth, or maybe completely different, that has intelligent life on it. How it relates to God, I don't know, but I'm not arrogant enough to think humans are it, and I don't want to pigeonhole God into some square of creation.

God is thoroughly and utterly amazing, His creation expands beyond anything we as mere mortals could ever imagine, and half the fun, is trying to!

Poor atheists, I think it takes more faith to think all this came from nothing, as opposed to some "flying spaghetti monster".

Poor, poor atheists.

--hide--
The thing is that the "empty" space, for example inside the atom or between two planets, is actually filled with virtual particles which aren't real particles but can become real if given enough energy. What we think is empty isn't. Even the empty space inside ourselves.

Antimatter which is perceived to be so dangerous (for example in the movie Angels and Demons a small amount of antimatter contained inside a capsule was made into a very powerful bomb) is actually everywhere around us. We are actually made of both matter and antimatter. A proton is made of a vast amount of matter and antimatter rushing around at a speed very close to that of light, constantly smashing together annihilating each other and turning into new particles.

Mar 1st 2013 new

I don't think that deep.

I think, it doesn't have to be this complex. One kind of mountain would suffice. One color of flower would be enough. We don't really need for each snowflake to be unique. Yes, it's cool that things are that way. Sometimes I think it's God's way of showing us that He's smarter and more generous than we can ever be.

Mar 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-933860 said: What are your thoughts about the creation? Can you look at nature, a flower, the ocean, the sun, ...
(Quote) Peter-933860 said:

What are your thoughts about the creation? Can you look at nature, a flower, the ocean, the sun, a nebula or a super cluster of galaxies without wanting to fall on your knees in awe and admiration of the beauty of it all?

* Are you aware of the fact the structure of a single proton is too complex for us to calculate, even using the combined computing power on the whole planet?

* The diameter of the sun is 3000 times less than the diameter of the outer planet Neptune. The diameter of the proton is 100.000 times less than the diameter of the hydrogen atom. This means that there is waaaay more empty space in a atom then in our solar system. Or is it really empty space...

--hide--

My thoughts: Creation science, in its most general sense, is an effort to apply the scientific method to discover how God created the Heavens and the Earth. Creation denotes the existence of a divine Creator who has exercised His creative abilities creating the entire universe, including this world and the life-forms we see. Life is the product of intelligent contrivance. Thus, apparent design in biology would constitute evidence for a Designer. It is a self-evident and universally recognized truth: concept and design require an intelligent designer. So, while recognizing design in biology is not based upon religious premise (but upon empirical observation and logic), it certainly has theological implications. When we apply the general principles of detecting design to living creatures, we find it reasonable to infer the existence of a Creator. No one can outdo the wonderful deeds of our God the Creator. Even the best mathematicians expert in quantum physics or the most intelligent scientist, or the genius of all geniuses cannot measure the depth of the intelligence of our Creator. He designed this awesome vast universe for us people to appreciate and discover his amazing masterpiece, to exhalt him, glorify him, praise him and thank him. God want us also to believe that he created us in his own image, not from a primate.

Humor thoughts… I agree what scientists said that the world is made up of protons, neutrons and electrons, but hey, they forgot to mention about the morons. laughing laughing laughing

Creation science, in its most general sense, is an effort to apply the scientific method to discover how God created the Heavens and the Earth. - See more at: www.allaboutcreation.org Creation science, in its most general sense, is an effort to apply the scientific method to discover how God created the Heavens and the Earth. - See more at: www.allaboutcreation.org
Mar 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Lea-938919 said: My thoughts: Creation science, in its most general sense, is an effort to apply the scient...
(Quote) Lea-938919 said:

My thoughts: Creation science, in its most general sense, is an effort to apply the scientific method to discover how God created the Heavens and the Earth. Creation denotes the existence of a divine Creator who has exercised His creative abilities creating the entire universe, including this world and the life-forms we see. Life is the product of intelligent contrivance. Thus, apparent design in biology would constitute evidence for a Designer. It is a self-evident and universally recognized truth: concept and design require an intelligent designer. So, while recognizing design in biology is not based upon religious premise (but upon empirical observation and logic), it certainly has theological implications. When we apply the general principles of detecting design to living creatures, we find it reasonable to infer the existence of a Creator. No one can outdo the wonderful deeds of our God the Creator. Even the best mathematicians expert in quantum physics or the most intelligent scientist, or the genius of all geniuses cannot measure the depth of the intelligence of our Creator. He designed this awesome vast universe for us people to appreciate and discover his amazing masterpiece, to exhalt him, glorify him, praise him and thank him. God want us also to believe that he created us in his own image, not from a primate.

Humor thoughts… I agree what scientists said that the world is made up of protons, neutrons and electrons, but hey, they forgot to mention about the morons.

Creation science, in its most general sense, is an effort to apply the scientific method to discover how God created the Heavens and the Earth. - See more at: www.allaboutcreation.org Creation science, in its most general sense, is an effort to apply the scientific method to discover how God created the Heavens and the Earth. - See more at: www.allaboutcreation.org

--hide--
I thank you for your input Lea. I also read some from the link you posted and I feel that I have to caution you about the validity of their information. Just a friendly warning!

Mar 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-933860 said: (Quote) Lea-938919 said: My thoughts: Creation science, in its mo...

Quote:
Lea-938919 said:

Humor thoughts… I agree what scientists said that the world is made up of protons, neutronsand electrons, but hey, they forgot to mention about the morons.

I thank you for your input Lea. I also read some from the link you posted and I feel that I have to caution you about the validity of their information. Just a friendly warning!

--hide--

Hi Peter et alia,

Warnings are indeed warranted. It is kind of late in Chicago, so I will make this brief. Creation "science" starts with the logical fallacy of foundational bias, in which everything in the Bible must be taken as literally true. All science done afterwards, real or otherwise, must be shoehorned to fit the Bible. This is not the way science is done. Experiments are done, evidence is tested, and current scientific theories and hypothesises are either modified or junked.

I mentioned foundational bias in the last paragraph. Pope Pius X was famous for writing that Modernism synthesis of all heresies. It could with some justification be said that foundational bias is the synthesis of all other biases.

James ☺

Mar 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-933860 said: (Quote) Naomi-698107 said: I generally think "Wow! God knows a heap o...

Quote:
Naomi-698107 said:

Poor, poor atheists.

The thing is that the "empty" space, for example inside the atom or between two planets, is actually filled with virtual particles which aren't real particles but can become real if given enough energy. What we think is empty isn't. Even the empty space inside ourselves.

Antimatter which is perceived to be so dangerous (for example in the movie Angels and Demons a small amount of antimatter contained inside a capsule was made into a very powerful bomb) is actually everywhere around us. We are actually made of both matter and antimatter. A proton is made of a vast amount of matter and antimatter rushing around at a speed very close to that of light, constantly smashing together annihilating each other and turning into new particles.

--hide--

Hi Peter et alia,

A protron is made of matter and antimatter? I've never heard this before; however, it has been a little while since I looked at nuclear physics. Can you cite the source of your information?

James ☺

Mar 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-933860 said: What are your thoughts about the creation? Can you look at nature, a flower, the ocean, the sun, ...

* The diameter of the sun is 3000 times less than the diameter of the outer planet Neptune. The diameter of the proton is 100.000 times less than the diameter of the hydrogen atom. This means that there is waaaay more empty space in a atom then in our solar system. Or is it really empty space...

--hide--

Hi Peter et alia,

All this complexity makes me wonder about it all, and fill me with the sense that I'll never figure it all out, which of course has a probability of exactly 1.0 of occurring. First there were the four "elements": earth, air, fire, and water. Then there were atoms. Then atoms were discovered to be made of electrons, protons, and neutrons. Then those particles were discovered to have internal structure (except for the electron). Then strings. And then... who knows? Maybe it is "turtles all the way down'.

James ☺

Mar 4th 2013 new

(Quote) James-17080 said: Hi Peter et alia,All this complexity makes me wonder about it all, and fill me wit...
(Quote) James-17080 said:

Hi Peter et alia,

All this complexity makes me wonder about it all, and fill me with the sense that I'll never figure it all out, which of course has a probability of exactly 1.0 of occurring. First there were the four "elements": earth, air, fire, and water. Then there were atoms. Then atoms were discovered to be made of electrons, protons, and neutrons. Then those particles were discovered to have internal structure (except for the electron). Then strings. And then... who knows? Maybe it is "turtles all the way down'.

James ☺

--hide--
Hi James, do you mean that it is not shields and deeds all the way to Valhalla lol ? Good to see you again.

Posts 1 - 10 of 74