Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Mar 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-933860 said: "The only thing God cannot do is perform a contradiction; i.e. He cannot create a rock H...
(Quote) Peter-933860 said:

"The only thing God cannot do is perform a contradiction; i.e. He cannot create a rock He can't lift."

Who is limiting God now?

--hide--

Not I, Peter. If you had not noticed that is exactly what the Church teaches.

If He could create a rock He cannot lift, He would have created something greater than Himself. An impossibility.

Mar 16th 2013 new

As someone who has experienced God's creation outside of the laws -- my last child was conceived at a time when I was scientifically unable to conceive, by every symptom, etc -- I believe God could create whatever He wanted in any way He chooses, without concern at all for any of the rules He madeHiscreations to follow.

Mar 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: Not I, Peter. If you had not noticed that is exactly what the Church teaches. If H...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

Not I, Peter. If you had not noticed that is exactly what the Church teaches.

If He could create a rock He cannot lift, He would have created something greater than Himself. An impossibility.

--hide--
Come on, Paul! In a number of posts you have been telling me not to limit God and now you use human logic to define what He can and can't do. You don't think THAT is to limit Him?

Mar 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: As someone who has experienced God's creation outside of the laws -- my last child was conce...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

As someone who has experienced God's creation outside of the laws -- my last child was conceived at a time when I was scientifically unable to conceive, by every symptom, etc -- I believe God could create whatever He wanted in any way He chooses, without concern at all for any of the rules He madeHiscreations to follow.

--hide--
As all sorts of cancer and other diseases can go into remission without breaking any laws of course God can heal the body in various ways without any of His laws being broken. I have never argued that He can't work outside His laws. All I'm saying is that those laws are so ingenious that He can work in fantastic ways within them.

Posts 71 - 74 of 74