Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Mar 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: I have along believed in the stages all civilizations go through and America is no different; I think...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

I have along believed in the stages all civilizations go through and America is no different; I think we are at level 7:

“From bondage to spiritual faith”
“From Spiritual faith to great courage”
“From courage to liberty”
“From liberty to abundance”
“From abundance to complacency”
“From complacency to apathy”
“From apathy to dependence”
“From dependence back into bondage”
Alexander Fraser Tytler

--hide--

I hope we are only on Number 5.

Mar 5th 2013 new

(Quote) ED-20630 said: The U.S. is at #123 on the list at 2.06 children per woman. This link sho...
(Quote) ED-20630 said:

The U.S. is at #123 on the list at 2.06 children per woman.

This link shows the U.S. fertility rate from 1960 - 2010: www.indexmundi.com

Japan is at #203 on the list at 1.39 children per woman. That data is current (from the CIA source) as of July 2012.

This link shows Japan's fertility rate from 1960 - 2010: www.indexmundi.com

I didn't find any data that indicated Japan was under 1.0, but they are not far away.

Incidentally, I did some further reading (from a different source) and found that the 2.1 children/woman figure is appropriate for much of the world, but 2.3 is more appropriate for less developed countries due to their generally higher mortality rate at an early age.

Ed

--hide--

I used the number, of less than one child, in Japan meaning per couple.

Mar 9th 2013 new
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: (Quote) Marianne-100218 said:Nothing makes sense anymore. "Nothing makes sense anymore.&q...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said:
Quote:
Marianne-100218 said:

Nothing makes sense anymore.

"Nothing makes sense anymore." You just about summed it up, Marianne.

American student punished for refusing to recite Mexican pledge of allegiance?

"A Texas high school student has filed a federal lawsuit against her school after her Spanish teacher allegedly gave her a failing grade for refusing to recite the Mexican pledge of allegiance.

The lawsuit says the McAllen Independent School District violated 15-year-old girl Brenda Brinsdons constitutional rights, saying that the Supreme Court forbids teachers from compelling schoolchildren to pledge their allegiance to a country.

The complaint also states that the student was not allowed to recite the American Pledge of Allegiance in Spanish in front of the class as an alternative assignment. The teacher, Reyna Santos, gave her a different assignment on the Independence of Mexico to which she received 13 out of 100 points.

The school district has a policy that prohibits a school from compelling students to recite the American Pledge of Allegiance or text from the Declaration of Independence if the student as determined by the district, has a conscientious objection to the recitation, Fox News Todd Starnes reports."

www.washingtontimes.com

www.thomasmore.org
--hide--
More nonsense in the educational system... CSCOPE

"On Thursday TheBlaze along with The Glenn Beck Program delved deeply into the controversial curriculum system sweeping Texas schools known as CSCOPE. From issuing gag orders on teachers to bar them from talking about lesson plans, to preventing parents from obtaining information about what their children are being taught, the way CSCOPE operates almost seems like a work of fiction. Disturbingly, it is not." www.theblaze.com

Ten shocking (CSCOPE) lessons a huge Texas conglomerate has foisted on public school students dailycaller.com
Mar 10th 2013 new

What is going on in the world, not just in America.

Somebody has a plan.

Ths might give you some hints, if you are open minded.

www.youtube.com

I have watched what is comning for 40 years. It doesn not worry me, but it makes me sad for many people

who are unaware or are in denial. We shall all live until we die, its where we go after that that matters, not what events take place

in this world.

I find it facinating though to watch. Simular to a soap opera. I think God created the Internet for the beneift of opening peoples minds.

uUse it to save souls.

Mar 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Kenny-929959 said: What is going on in the world, not just in America. Somebody has a plan. Ths might ...
(Quote) Kenny-929959 said:

What is going on in the world, not just in America.

Somebody has a plan.

Ths might give you some hints, if you are open minded.

www.youtube.com

I have watched what is comning for 40 years. It doesn not worry me, but it makes me sad for many people

who are unaware or are in denial. We shall all live until we die, its where we go after that that matters, not what events take place

in this world.

I find it facinating though to watch. Simular to a soap opera. I think God created the Internet for the beneift of opening peoples minds.

uUse it to save souls.

--hide--

But how can the Rothchild's try to exterminate a whole race, meaning Arabs or Muslims, just by having war
in Israel? Am I missing something?

Mar 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: More nonsense in the educational system... CSCOPE "On Thursday TheBlaze along with The Glenn...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: More nonsense in the educational system... CSCOPE

"On Thursday TheBlaze along with The Glenn Beck Program delved deeply into the controversial curriculum system sweeping Texas schools known as CSCOPE. From issuing gag orders on teachers to bar them from talking about lesson plans, to preventing parents from obtaining information about what their children are being taught, the way CSCOPE operates almost seems like a work of fiction. Disturbingly, it is not." www.theblaze.com

Ten shocking (CSCOPE) lessons a huge Texas conglomerate has foisted on public school students dailycaller.com
--hide--

Mary:

When teaching has an agenda, bad things happen. That is how North Korea is, and how the Third Reich was.
Not good. We need to watch out for this.

Mar 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: But how can the Rothchild's try to exterminate a whole race, meaning Arabs or Musl...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

But how can the Rothchild's try to exterminate a whole race, meaning Arabs or Muslims, just by having war
in Israel? Am I missing something?

--hide--

Marianne, I think the fear is if Israel and Iran go at it the U.S. will come in on the side of the Israelis while the Russians and possibly the Chinese will come in to defend Iran leading to a major, if not a world war that could essentially de-populate the planet if they start tossing nukes.

Mar 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Jim-13836 said: Marianne, I think the fear is if Israel and Iran go at it the U.S. will come in on the ...
(Quote) Jim-13836 said:

Marianne, I think the fear is if Israel and Iran go at it the U.S. will come in on the side of the Israelis while the Russians and possibly the Chinese will come in to defend Iran leading to a major, if not a world war that could essentially de-populate the planet if they start tossing nukes.

--hide--

WOW -- that won't be good. Thanks for the explanation, Jim.

Posts 111 - 118 of 118