Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Mar 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Sean-851370 said: Probably to do to the US what was done to Latin American countries from the 1970s-90s....
(Quote) Sean-851370 said:

Probably to do to the US what was done to Latin American countries from the 1970s-90s. Just a few weeks ago I noticed that Chicago's trying to privatize Midway Airport. The vampires at the IMF, World Bank and other parasitic financial organizations would love to run the US through the Washington Consensus. These people are Satan's army on earth.

--hide--

There really are a lot of devious and deviant people running this country.

Mar 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Are you sure we will not have two living Popes, even though one will not be in power? ...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

Are you sure we will not have two living Popes, even though one will not be in power? He will be called Pope emeritus.

Your Coptic Orthodox friend, from Egypt, who owns the teriyaki restaurant, has taken a lot of different paths. That is
what is good about America.

--hide--

Whatever Benedict is called, he stopped being the Pope at 8PM Rome time yesterday, Feb. 28, 2013. The Pope elected at the coming conclave will be the only Pope. The Church only has one valid Pope at a time. At the moment, we have no Pope.

Mar 1st 2013 new

I feel there there is some underhanded global masterminding going on re: governments, global economies, world food supplies, banking. I sense terrible events are going to unfold in the world soon.

Mar 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: I just went grocery shopping today and am stunned at he prices! I can't get three tiny bags ...
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

I just went grocery shopping today and am stunned at he prices! I can't get three tiny bags of anything for under $50 and then I got to get gas to get home and even with my tiny toyota that is almost another half hundred....my entire check is eaten up with gas and food and more gas.

--hide--

Today was the first time this year that my weekly grocery store bill was under $50.00.

I am trying real hard to rein in my spending. February 1 was the first time since my wife died that my checking account had a larger balance than the previouis month. Today makes two months in a row.

I am looking at my property tax bill for the year. The assessed value on my property has decreased by $3,500 (thanks Obummer) but the tax bill increased.

The retirement check I receive dropped because the health insurance bill has increased again. And the costs of Obamacare have not fully kicked in yet.

Interest rates continue at historically low rates for the 5 year in a row, so my income oriented investments are yielding a pittance. Luckily my dividends, after taking a big hit 5 years ago, have started to increase. But they are not significant to my income.

I have not done my taxes yet, but I know I am facing a hefty outgo.

Mar 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-884522 said: I feel there there is some underhanded global masterminding going on re: governments, global econo...
(Quote) Mary-884522 said:

I feel there there is some underhanded global masterminding going on re: governments, global economies, world food supplies, banking. I sense terrible events are going to unfold in the world soon.

--hide--

Correct. The only thing you forgot to add is the media is on it as well. That's why very little is written up in the news.

Mar 2nd 2013 new
(Quote) Mary-884522 said: I feel there there is some underhanded global masterminding going on re: governments, global economies, world fo...
(Quote) Mary-884522 said:

--hide--
At Mass the night prior to the election, my Pastor told us that America is going to implode (if Obama wins)...and we are now entering the Agony in the Garden...
Mar 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: At Mass the night prior to the election, my Pastor told us that America is going to implode (if Obama win...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: At Mass the night prior to the election, my Pastor told us that America is going to implode (if Obama wins)...and we are now entering the Agony in the Garden...
--hide--

Another America Revolution, economic collapse and or war.

I think it's safe to say this decade will be anything but boring.

Mar 2nd 2013 new
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: There really are a lot of devious and deviant people running this country.

There really are a lot of devious and deviant people running this country.

--hide--
Remember that all through history, there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they seem invincible.

But in the end, they always fall. Always.

~ Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 2nd 2013 new
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: I think you may be getting a little out of the ballpark by saying that nothing is true and nothing i...

I think you may be getting a little out of the ballpark by saying that nothing is true and nothing is false. If you set up
your theory, you can either prove it or disprove it, by using the scientific method, only if that method applies to
proving your theory.

Could you explain a little about the American Psychiatric Association's definition about homosexuality? Apparently,
some time ago Homosexuality was considered a defect. Not sure what they are saying now.

--hide--

The article below by Dr. Irving Bieber who participated in the debate over declassifying homosexuality as a mental disorder is revealing because it shows the politicking that went on.

www.narth.com

The problem is that the Evelyn Hooker study that the APA used to justify removing homosexuality from the list of mental disorders didn't use representative sampling and Hooker already knew what her answer would be before the study was completed. In other words she didn't follow the scientific method.

www.angelfire.com

Then you have the problem of Alfred Kinsey's unscientific studies into human sexuality that also led to the declassification as my friend Dr. Judith Reisman has researched intently for decades.

www.drjudithreisman.com

The list of methodologically flawed studies about homosexuality go on and on and on. The problem with the APA has been with the gay political activism in the organization and its imposed groupthink that silences dissident researchers and discourages critical research.

Dr. Robert Spitzer is case and point. He was largely responsible for getting homosexuality declassified in 1973, yet when he came out with a study 10 years ago showing that sexual orientation was malleable he got shut down because of gay political activism. They gay groups are opposed to all science that doesn't agree with their agenda.

narth.com
Mar 2nd 2013 new
They even have a GAY High School in New York City.

The football team isnt very good............--but the Halftime show!
Posts 41 - 50 of 118