Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Mar 2nd 2013 new
(Quote) Paul-866591 said: Today was the first time this year that my weekly grocery store bill was under $50.00. <...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

Today was the first time this year that my weekly grocery store bill was under $50.00.

I am trying real hard to rein in my spending. February 1 was the first time since my wife died that my checking account had a larger balance than the previouis month. Today makes two months in a row.

I am looking at my property tax bill for the year. The assessed value on my property has decreased by $3,500 (thanks Obummer) but the tax bill increased.

The retirement check I receive dropped because the health insurance bill has increased again. And the costs of Obamacare have not fully kicked in yet.

Interest rates continue at historically low rates for the 5 year in a row, so my income oriented investments are yielding a pittance. Luckily my dividends, after taking a big hit 5 years ago, have started to increase. But they are not significant to my income.

I have not done my taxes yet, but I know I am facing a hefty outgo.

--hide--

Paul---your property tax doesnt have much to do with the federal govt.-And the assessed values on homes will be going up as prop values do--altho there is a lagtime.We cant blame everything on Obama--esp assessed value of real estate.
Mar 2nd 2013 new

Well what the feck did people think was going to happen if Obama was voted in for a second term. He gets to do all the filthy things he knew he couldn't pull in the first term. He has no worries about having to fight to be re-elected. He's got free reign.

And what is it, 54% of Catholics will be shouldering the blame for re-electing him.

Granted, its not just happening in America, essentially all Western nations are collasping. I give it another 40, 50 years tops. And I'm being generous.

My advice; learn to grow potatoes in tyres.

Mar 2nd 2013 new
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: Well what the feck did people think was going to happen if Obama was voted in for a second term. He gets to do ...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

Well what the feck did people think was going to happen if Obama was voted in for a second term. He gets to do all the filthy things he knew he couldn't pull in the first term. He has no worries about having to fight to be re-elected. He's got free reign.

And what is it, 54% of Catholics will be shouldering the blame for re-electing him.

Granted, its not just happening in America, essentially all Western nations are collasping. I give it another 40, 50 years tops. And I'm being generous.

--hide--

things are getting rough--thats for sure. but the world has survived much worse than this just in the 20th century alone. lets all toughen up and stop being chicken littles.are we gonna be crybabies??

there is a lot of good news going on in the usa now economically----of course not due in anyway to Obama intentionally. Many municipalities are finally going bankrupt(esp in California)-and especially in highly liberal municipalities.This is very good news because horrible union contracts and out of control spending can be legally confronted.--And of course the irony is that these positive changes are being done by those of the same party that caused much(not all)of the mess.

so lets get out there..work hard,fight hard and create the future vs being do-nothings who stand by and get swept along by events.
Mar 2nd 2013 new

I read in a USA Today article that his full official title is now "His Holiness Benedict XVI, Roman pontiff emeritus".

I think that Pope Emeritus Benedict could not have been more clear that he no longer has papal authority. Just a few signs and gestures from the past few days:

1) His Papal "fisherman's" ring (which he had worn on his right hand) was destroyed. This is done with all papal rings after the Pope (usually) dies. This ring symbolizes his papal authority and is physically used (with hot wax) to officially seal Papal documents. For more info concerning this, see the article (in bold font) at the end of this post.

2) He has removed the red Papal shoes, which symbolize the blood of martyrs, and replace them with simple brown shoes (received as a gift from his visit to Mexico).

3) On Thursday he told the cardinals, "Among you is also the future pope, whom I today promise my unconditional reverence and obedience."

4) His (former) apartment at the Vatican will be sealed off during the conclave to select a new Pope to ensure no documents in process prior to his resignation will be issued.

5) As of 8:00 PM on Thursday, he no longer has the real or ceremonial personal protection of the Swiss Guard.

6) And perhaps least of these symbols of the papacy.... He will no longer use the pope-mobile.

I think that he has made it about as clear as possible that he definitely no longer has the authority of the Pope.

//////////////////////////////////////////

Copied from the New York Daily News: www.nydailynews.com

Once Benedict officially relinquishes his papal miter Thursday, his fisherman’s ring will be destroyed using a special silver hammer. The moment symbolizes the end of the Pope’s authority and also serves a more practical purpose.

It is a signet ring, used to officially seal documents and ensure their authenticity.

“This is to make sure no one will forge a document in the Pope’s name after the Pope dies,” said Fordham University theology Prof. Maureen Tilley.

Benedict’s apartment at the Vatican will also be sealed off during the conclave to select a new Pope to ensure no documents in process prior to his resignation will be issued.

Ed

Mar 2nd 2013 new
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: Well what the feck did people think was going to happen if Obama was voted in for a second term. He gets to do ...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

--hide--
"I firmly believe that when Catholic hospitals are closing, when priests are being arrested for not marrying Adam and Steve, when our country starts aborting children with tax money, when the Catholic Church is completely turned on and the movement by secular atheists to annihilate the Church begins in full force, then the utterly horrendous, morally bankrupt nature of the voting practices of the cafeteria Catholics will finally be realized, and a lot of Catholics who voted for Obama will say the same thing Robert Bruce said:

Money, lands, titles, power..nothing...those pro-life Catholics fight for something that I've never had, and I took it from them when I betrayed them and I saw it in their faces on the battlefield, and it's tearing me apart."

~Fr. John Hollowell
Mar 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Sean, I get the "Overpopulation" idea--but at this point in time, overpopula...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

Sean, I get the "Overpopulation" idea--but at this point in time, overpopulation is not an issue. Japan, Europe, the US,
Russia and many other countries are not producing babies. Of course, abortion has a big part to play in that.

--hide--

Overpopulation always has been a myth. But the oligarchs still believe in it as if it were a religious dogma. Yes, we're actually going into a crisis of not having enough people, but reality for the oligarchs/ruling class does not have much meaning. Overt population control is too difficult. The easier method to enforce population control is through destruction of economies. Destroying markets, causing economic collapse and creating famines are very effective. We have a ruling class in this country and pretty much the West in general that is literally insane.

Mar 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: There really are a lot of devious and deviant people running this country.

There really are a lot of devious and deviant people running this country.

--hide--

Watch this video of Webster Tarpley on Obama's "science czar" John Holdren.

Mar 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Sean-851370 said: "Experiments" are made easy when you already know your conclusion and lo...
(Quote) Sean-851370 said:

"Experiments" are made easy when you already know your conclusion and look for ways to manipulate data to support that conclusion. The social sciences are really just social engineering. They're about manipulating the perception of reality to make people think that planned results came about randomly.

--hide--

This is because they want people to think that the secret Revolution is simply evolution. It wouldn't do for the counter-revolutionaries to catch wind of the progress the Revolution has made, or the line that can be traced to the radical thinkers that promoted this.

Ultimately, of course, the Revolution can be traced to one place, and that is Hell.

And Hell is where the Revolution is going.

Mar 2nd 2013 new

The fourth estate today is more indoctrinated than educated. The shear amount of media outlets means that one has to factor in the MSM's intent into the paradigm in order to make sense of the outcome.

www.redstate.com

soapbox

Mar 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: I guess if you really had a lot of money, you could do a "Hunt Brothers" typ...

I guess if you really had a lot of money, you could do a "Hunt Brothers" type of cornering the market in
a commodity.

--hide--

Buy an asset or calls, then flood a market with liquidity and sell the asset when it peaks in price. Then buy puts. Remove said liquidity and watch market collapse. Then exercise puts. Finally, buy asset at rock-bottom price.

Posts 51 - 60 of 118