Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

May 8th 2013 new
Jennifer, I can so relate to what you are saying. I often wonder why so many women who do not care about what God thinks are blessed with loving husbands and families. I don't have an answer, sometimes it feels almost hurtful. As I and sure you have too - I have chosen to follow God & live for God, I have turned away nice guys for the glory of God where they do not practice the Catholic faith let alone any Christian faith. It is frustrating and I think we are at an awkward age because men generally see us as (yes I am generalizing) as ticking time bombs with wanting to start a family right away or soon or we may be approaching other hormonal changes. It is tough, but you are not alone.
May 8th 2013 new
(Quote) Rachel-938025 said: Jennifer, I can so relate to what you are saying. I often wonder why so many women who do not care about what God...
(Quote) Rachel-938025 said: Jennifer, I can so relate to what you are saying. I often wonder why so many women who do not care about what God thinks are blessed with loving husbands and families. I don't have an answer, sometimes it feels almost hurtful. As I and sure you have too - I have chosen to follow God & live for God, I have turned away nice guys for the glory of God where they do not practice the Catholic faith let alone any Christian faith. It is frustrating and I think we are at an awkward age because men generally see us as (yes I am generalizing) as ticking time bombs with wanting to start a family right away or soon or we may be approaching other hormonal changes. It is tough, but you are not alone.
--hide--

I wonder too, sometimes why men who have turned from the Holy Church to outside of it and even to atheism are blessed with girlfriends and wives.

This may be a bitter pill to swallow, but there is an old saying that goes: "God gives the heaviest trials to those who are most able to bear it". (or something to that effect)

Like the apostles who rejoiced when they were driven out of the temple, we should rejoice ourselves that we are able to bear sorrow. Granted, as a man, I can reproduce perpetually until accident or illness takes over, but considering that most women will not take a man too older than them, I should also consider that my own time is ticking. Plus, there is the desire for me to see my future wife's and I's 10th anniversary while my dad is still alive.
May 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Paul-302787 said: I wonder too, sometimes why men who have turned from the Holy Church to outside of it and even to...
(Quote) Paul-302787 said:

I wonder too, sometimes why men who have turned from the Holy Church to outside of it and even to atheism are blessed with girlfriends and wives.

This may be a bitter pill to swallow, but there is an old saying that goes: "God gives the heaviest trials to those who are most able to bear it". (or something to that effect)

Like the apostles who rejoiced when they were driven out of the temple, we should rejoice ourselves that we are able to bear sorrow. Granted, as a man, I can reproduce perpetually until accident or illness takes over, but considering that most women will not take a man too older than them, I should also consider that my own time is ticking. Plus, there is the desire for me to see my future wife's and I's 10th anniversary while my dad is still alive.
--hide--

I, too, have had the same thought about the moral dysfunction of relationships and yet people seem to find true love and great blessings. Somewhere along the way, I had read something that has always helped me and perhaps it will help you, too.

Authentic or not, it was a story about a nun in Germany in the earlier part of the 20th century who had a dream about a girlfriend she'd grown up with. This friend was not a horrible person, but not perfect, either. She had snubbed her nose at her Catholic faith quite a few times and lived a rather secular life, but also did good and charitable things as well, so she wasn't all bad. Much like alot of people we know, right? Anyway, she had married the guy she wanted and they lived a very comfortable life...for awhile. That is, until they were in an automobile accident and she died, and had found herself condemned to hell. In the telling of that story, I remember her telling her nun friend that God - in His mercy - rewards all the good we do. Sometimes it's rewarded when we die (salvation, heaven), and sometimes it's given while still on earth (blessings, comforts, etc) so that, even if we've merited hell, He has given us a return on any good we've ever done, because He is never outdone in generosity.

Now, I don't think all people who "have it good" are hellbound, but it did help me to think of it in terms of God's great mercy. It also has inspired me to keep praying for people, because we don't know what our judgements will be or how long we have.

Also, I've learned that what we think is a good thing on the outside sometimes can be very different from an insider's perspective. My sister had a "great life" in my opinion, until one piece of information this past March changed everything. Now, her life is upside down.

Advice from my own dear mom that always stuck with me.... "It only takes a day/a moment/an instant to change the rest of your life." For better.... or for worse.

It's hard to keep in mind on lonely days, but our season of singleness is intended for a reason...maybe your suffering may be the grace that's going to help your future husband be ready for you. We just never know.
God's Peace...

May 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Michelle-381844 said: I, too, have had the same thought about the moral dysfunction of relationships and yet...
(Quote) Michelle-381844 said:

I, too, have had the same thought about the moral dysfunction of relationships and yet people seem to find true love and great blessings. Somewhere along the way, I had read something that has always helped me and perhaps it will help you, too.

Authentic or not, it was a story about a nun in Germany in the earlier part of the 20th century who had a dream about a girlfriend she'd grown up with. This friend was not a horrible person, but not perfect, either. She had snubbed her nose at her Catholic faith quite a few times and lived a rather secular life, but also did good and charitable things as well, so she wasn't all bad. Much like alot of people we know, right? Anyway, she had married the guy she wanted and they lived a very comfortable life...for awhile. That is, until they were in an automobile accident and she died, and had found herself condemned to hell. In the telling of that story, I remember her telling her nun friend that God - in His mercy - rewards all the good we do. Sometimes it's rewarded when we die (salvation, heaven), and sometimes it's given while still on earth (blessings, comforts, etc) so that, even if we've merited hell, He has given us a return on any good we've ever done, because He is never outdone in generosity.

Now, I don't think all people who "have it good" are hellbound, but it did help me to think of it in terms of God's great mercy. It also has inspired me to keep praying for people, because we don't know what our judgements will be or how long we have.

Also, I've learned that what we think is a good thing on the outside sometimes can be very different from an insider's perspective. My sister had a "great life" in my opinion, until one piece of information this past March changed everything. Now, her life is upside down.

Advice from my own dear mom that always stuck with me.... "It only takes a day/a moment/an instant to change the rest of your life." For better.... or for worse.

It's hard to keep in mind on lonely days, but our season of singleness is intended for a reason...maybe your suffering may be the grace that's going to help your future husband be ready for you. We just never know.
God's Peace...

--hide--

I have also read that story and it is amazingly powerful! I'd highly suggest everyone look it up and read it.

May 15th 2013 new

Ok wait, I'm not done! :)

A few years ago I watched a movie called "The Shift" with Wayne Dyer (the motivational speaker). It's a Christian movie and it talks about the difference in priorities between men and women in their 20's vs. their midlife. What gave me hope from that movie is that in their 20's (generally speaking of course), men have success and money as their top priorities, with spirituality as a 5 on the list. However, in their midlife years, that shifts to spirituality as #1. So, now that I'm in my 40's, I have greater hope that I will find a deeply spiritual man.

Along these lines, I know of at least two men who were very worldly and had families, etc. They made this shift in their later years and now they love their faith but their spouses and children think they're nuts. What a hardship to fall in love with God and your family doesn't share your enthusiasm. So, even though the waiting has been difficult, I pray that God will bless me with the love of a man who loves God as well. This would be my ultimate happiness in a relationship and definitely worth waiting for.

I hope you can find some courage in this also!

May 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Jennifer-61707 said: Oh, dear, Prince Charming, where are you? Beats me! Think I've been watching too many roman...
(Quote) Jennifer-61707 said:

Oh, dear, Prince Charming, where are you? Beats me! Think I've been watching too many romantic comedy movies lately!

--hide--

My aunt is 42 (?) this year and lives a fulfilled single life visiting around to her married and "childrened" siblings. She helps out with stuff in the church- and family where needed- and is a member of the Third Order. She tried convents, dated a little, but that never went anywhere; and she was a great help to her mom until the latter passed away about 6yr ago. Singlehood really can be a vocation.. rare, but possible. Fear not. :)

May 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Michelle-381844 said: I, too, have had the same thought about the moral dysfunction of relationships and yet...
(Quote) Michelle-381844 said:

God's Peace...

--hide--

Do you mean "A Soul in Hell: The Story of Annette"? That makes for some excellent reading and it is traditionally thought to be true. I believe it is true- God has allowed souls to visit us before, why wouldn't He do it there..? At the least, nothing Annette 'says' would be untrue.

Have you ever heard of or been to the Purgatory Museum in Rome? It has real items/articles that were touched and burned by souls from Purgatory.

May 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-942124 said: Not to self-promote, but I just blogged about this. http://trenchcoatintrospective...
(Quote) Elizabeth-942124 said:

Not to self-promote, but I just blogged about this.

trenchcoatintrospective.wordpress.com

Stay strong, and have faith! I know it seems impossible, but God has a plan!

--hide--

I especially loved this part:

So if we can’t change the circumstances on our own, who can? God.

And there’s the root of the problem. Our Envy comes from a lack of Trust in God’s plan for our lives. He already knows exactly who He’s going to bring into our lives. He knows when and where. We don’t have to worry about it. We don’t have to feel like there’s no one left. God’s got it all under control, and we just need to chill.

May 15th 2013 new

Doesn't that mean that by the time "he" finds us, he'll be primed to perfection and so will we (for one another if it is God's will)?

May 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Felicity-929402 said: Do you mean "A Soul in Hell: The Story of Annette"? That makes for some
(Quote) Felicity-929402 said:

Do you mean "A Soul in Hell: The Story of Annette"? That makes for some excellent reading and it is traditionally thought to be true. I believe it is true- God has allowed souls to visit us before, why wouldn't He do it there..? At the least, nothing Annette 'says' would be untrue.

Have you ever heard of or been to the Purgatory Museum in Rome? It has real items/articles that were touched and burned by souls from Purgatory.

--hide--

Wow, i haven't seen that but certainly must put it on my "to do" list!!

Posts 31 - 40 of 44