Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Does anyone know...

Mar 1st 2013 new

If whether,or not, the Holy See is going to reschedule the start of Conclave? March15th does seem a little late to me; given the current circumstances. pope rosary Praying Praying

Mar 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Jennifer-61707 said: If whether,or not, the Holy See is going to reschedule the start of Conclave? March15th does se...
(Quote) Jennifer-61707 said:

If whether,or not, the Holy See is going to reschedule the start of Conclave? March15th does seem a little late to me; given the current circumstances.

--hide--

The 15th has no meaning at this time. Pope Benedict issued a proprio to clarify the rules in the event of a Pope's resignation. The 15 day requirement in the rules allowed for the official mourning period and appropriate ceremonies for a deceased Pope. Since the See of Peter is empty because of the Pope's resignation, there is no need for a mourning period and time for appropriate ceremonies.

The Cardinals are meeting this coming Monday to deal with some immediate problems including the date for the starting of the Conclave. Supposedly they will announce the date for the start on Monday. Even Cardinals no longer eligible to vote are part of these meetings.

Most of the Cardinals who are eligible to vote are already in Rome. So I suspect that the Conclave will begin sometime between Wednesday the 6th and Monday the 11th.

Mar 1st 2013 new

scratchchin scratchchin Phew! Sure is a complicated & confusing process! Thanks Paul! Praying Praying theheart theheart

Posts 1 - 3 of 3