Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Lessons I Learned In Life

Mar 1st 2013 new

Hi Everyone wave I recently joined this site (about a month ago) and this is my first topic/post. As we grow and mature we learn many lessons in life. Everything happens for a reason and for everything that happen, we learn some lessons. I thought it would be great to share the lessons we learned in life to our fellow CM members. So will you join me on this thread? smile Praying

Mar 1st 2013 new

I've learned that you should always leave loved ones with loving words. it may be the last time you see them.

I've learned that our background and circumstances may have influenced who we are, but we are responsible for who we become.

Mar 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Lea-938919 said: I've learned that you should always leave loved ones with loving words. it may be the last time...
(Quote) Lea-938919 said:

I've learned that you should always leave loved ones with loving words. it may be the last time you see them.

I've learned that our background and circumstances may have influenced who we are, but we are responsible for who we become.

--hide--
Those two are well worth remembering Lea, especially #2. Never repeat overheard bad gossip, always repeat the good. A painful lesson I learned as a young man- repeating harmful words spoken about someone can come back and kick you in the teeth, while repeating comlimentary words can make a person's day.

Mar 2nd 2013 new
(Quote) Peter-449116 said: Those two are well worth remembering Lea, especially #2. Never repeat overheard bad gossip, always repeat the g...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

Those two are well worth remembering Lea, especially #2. Never repeat overheard bad gossip, always repeat the good. A painful lesson I learned as a young man- repeating harmful words spoken about someone can come back and kick you in the teeth, while repeating comlimentary words can make a person's day.

--hide--

I've learned to take responsibility for allowing people to hurt me.

I am still in the process of learning how to keep my mouth shut at times. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Mar 2nd 2013 new
(Quote) Peter-449116 said: Those two are well worth remembering Lea, especially #2. Never repeat overheard bad gossip, always repeat the g...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

--hide--

Yes, that's a good one Peter. Not repeating overheard bad gossip is something I try to do- especially at work. Gossip tends to spiral out of control. Who knows what the truth is anyway and who's business is it?
Mar 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Lea-938919 said: I've learned that you should always leave loved ones with loving words. it may be the last time...
(Quote) Lea-938919 said:

--hide--

Always look on the bright side of life
To thine ownself be true
God does hold everyone in the palm of His hand
Don't worry, be happy

Mar 2nd 2013 new

Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought an idiot than open it and remove all doubt.

Mar 2nd 2013 new
(Quote) Brian-252799 said: Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought an idiot than open it and remove all doubt.
(Quote) Brian-252799 said:

Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought an idiot than open it and remove all doubt.

--hide--

laughing laughing laughing laughing

So true Brian.
Mar 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Lea-938919 said: Hi Everyone I recently joined this site (about a month ago) and this is my first topic/post. As we ...
(Quote) Lea-938919 said:

Hi Everyone I recently joined this site (about a month ago) and this is my first topic/post. As we grow and mature we learn many lessons in life. Everything happens for a reason and for everything that happen, we learn some lessons. I thought it would be great to share the lessons we learned in life to our fellow CM members. So will you join me on this thread?

--hide--
A person usually regrets more those things he didn't do than those things he did do.
But some do's can be really regretful too.

Mar 2nd 2013 new

Unconditional love given freely comes back to the giver in many blessed forms.

Posts 1 - 10 of 142