Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Mar 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Sometimes WE are the lesson for someone else.
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Sometimes WE are the lesson for someone else.

--hide--

That's a scary thought!

Mar 12th 2013 new

Always accept a gift froma child. The gift may not be much. It may be a rock, but that child decided to share something with you.

Always take the time to accept an act of kindness from a child. I am teaching my 4yo son to open doors for people, allow people with only a few items to go ahead of us at the store and to let families with little(er) kids that are having a hard time waiting in line go first to see Santa because we are not in a hurry. I am surprised how many people say no to him. While I know that learning to accept no thank you is important too, I just wish more people would appreciate his act of kindness reinforcing that Kindness is important.

Mar 12th 2013 new

It is, isn't it?

Sometimes you look back at a situation and think, what was that all about? Sometimes the only conclusion has to be that I was good for that person that day in that manner, and that was all he/she needed.

Of course, there's always the possibility that we are being held up to someone as a bad example.... eyepopping embarassed

Mar 13th 2013 new
God is bigger than your problems. Variety is the spice of life. Never settle. Always strive to do better. Never stop learning. Every experience (whether good or bad) is a learning experience. Laughter is the best medicine.

heart rose theheart

Mar 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: It is, isn't it?Sometimes you look back at a situation and think, what was that all a...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

It is, isn't it?

Sometimes you look back at a situation and think, what was that all about? Sometimes the only conclusion has to be that I was good for that person that day in that manner, and that was all he/she needed.

Of course, there's always the possibility that we are being held up to someone as a bad example....

--hide--

Your last sentence... see Jim didn't eat his vegetables when he was little and look what happened. You don't want to end up like that!! My mom would have liked that one! Yes I often wonder.....

Mar 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Susan-898689 said:God is bigger than your problems. Variety is the spice of life. Never settle. Always strive to do better....
(Quote) Susan-898689 said:God is bigger than your problems. Variety is the spice of life. Never settle. Always strive to do better. Never stop learning. Every experience (whether good or bad) is a learning experience. Laughter is the best medicine.

--hide--

as far as learning experiences sometimes I would rather just read the Cliff Notes, ya know??

Mar 13th 2013 new

Laugh at your mistakes but learn from them, joke over your troubles but gather strength from them, have fun with your difficulties but overcome them.

Mar 17th 2013 new

One lesson I learned early on from my Dad had to do with "curfew". I once challenged him...saying "Why?" His reply was: "Nothing GOOD happens after midnight" (many times he was correct!)

And this from a police lieutenant I know: "Generally there are only two types of people out after 2:00 a.m.; CROOKS and COPS"

Mar 20th 2013 new

When people hurt you over and over, think of them as a sandpaper...they scratch and hurt you, but later you'll be shiny and polished while they end up useless.

Mar 20th 2013 new

Be who you want to be and not what others wants you to be. Never change who you are so that others will like you, but just be yourself and the right people will love you for being you.

Posts 101 - 110 of 142