Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Mar 5th 2013 new
These concepts reflect the lessons I think I have learned in life.

"I learned that it is the weak who are cruel, and that gentleness is to be expected only from the strong." Leo Rosten

"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mar 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: I've learned to 1)Always be a gentleman a)open doors (I will do this for men too)
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

I've learned to 1)Always be a gentleman

a)open doors (I will do this for men too)

b)pick up what someone has dropped or/pay for the person in front of you if they are short

c)say kind words

d)let others go in front of you

e) ABS (not anti-lock brakes!) Always be smiling

f)visit the elderly or sick once in awhile

g) always.....always be yourself

h)always PRAY

I love the words in Micah: "Act justly"

"Love tenderly"

"Walk humbly with the Lord"

--hide--

Jerry, it's nice of you to share the lessons you've learned, thanks and God bless!. If only all men can act as a real "gentleman" then it would help to make this world a better place.

Mar 5th 2013 new

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish ~ John Quincy Adams

Mar 5th 2013 new

1. Be mindful of what you toss away, be careful of what you push away, and think hard before you walk away.

2. New beginnings are often disguised as painful endings.

Mar 5th 2013 new

SOMETIMES..... rejection is God's protection. (Could be you're dodging a bullet, so to speak.) wink scratchchin

Mar 5th 2013 new

"Don't look BEHIND you.....it's not where you're going"

Mar 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Lea-938919 said: Jerry, it's nice of you to share the lessons you've learned, thanks and God bless!...
(Quote) Lea-938919 said:

Jerry, it's nice of you to share the lessons you've learned, thanks and God bless!. If only all men can act as a real "gentleman" then it would help to make this world a better place.

--hide--
Thank you Lea....but I learned from one of the finest gentlemen I've ever known.......my Father

Mar 5th 2013 new

If you learn to Love Christ is your actions, you will love others by default, and if you love others by default, everything you do will be for the good.

Mar 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Lea-938919 said: Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles v...
(Quote) Lea-938919 said:

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish ~ John Quincy Adams

--hide--
Lea I have to confess "Patience" is one thing I still have to work on! Someone told me to pray to the Patron Saint of Patience; St Julia....Oops!

Mar 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Lea I have to confess "Patience" is one thing I still have to work on! Someone told me ...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

Lea I have to confess "Patience" is one thing I still have to work on! Someone told me to pray to the Patron Saint of Patience; St Julia....Oops!

--hide--

Keep working on it Jerry, you'll get there. smile

Posts 51 - 60 of 142