Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

03/05/2013 new

I have a problem with "patience". I found that working on humility helps that. Because while you may still be impatient, humility keeps you from acting on your impatience.

03/05/2013 new

1. Don't worry about some people from your past, there's a reason why they are not in your future.

2. The only happy END that I know is the weekEND clap

03/06/2013 new

theheart God gave us EYES not to insult but to admire and look beyond situations; LIPS/MOUTH not to criticize or lie but to speak the truth; HANDS not to punish sinners but to give a helping hand; EARS not to be insensitive but to hear the voices of the oppressed and the needy; HEART to love not to hate; MIND to be rational and be fair. Everything has its own purpose, we should use them well. theheart

03/06/2013 new

(Quote) Marissa-529206 said: I have a problem with "patience". I found that working on humility helps that. Becaus...
(Quote) Marissa-529206 said:

I have a problem with "patience". I found that working on humility helps that. Because while you may still be impatient, humility keeps you from acting on your impatience.

--hide--

Marissa, try to do some meditation, it will help you relax and develop patience. Also when you feel upset or angry, before you say or do something that could harm anyone, try to make a deep breath...do a deep breathing exercise and also keep distance from the one that caused your anger/upset. For example: Take in a deep breath while counting silently from 1 to 7(if you can) then breath out slowly while also counting 1 to 7. Repeat this 7x (or10x) and by the time you're done your anger is gone. You can also do the same deep breathing exercise by doing/uttering some mantra. Hope this will help you to develop "patience" smile

I learned that... happy is the person who prays and never lose patience.

03/06/2013 new

I do, and yes, it does help. My patience problem comes from the fact that I am a very exact and detailed and somewhat perfectionistic person. I don't say this proudly, it is a serious fault. So if someone isn't exact it's very difficult for me to remain calm. Oddly enough I have IMMENSE patience with children, something I recently learned. But yes, I say the rosary everyday, and meditation is very good for patience.

03/06/2013 new

Some people grow up,others only grow older.

03/07/2013 new

(Quote) Lea-938919 said: Hi Everyone I recently joined this site (about a month ago) and this is my first topic/post. As we ...
(Quote) Lea-938919 said:

Hi Everyone I recently joined this site (about a month ago) and this is my first topic/post. As we grow and mature we learn many lessons in life. Everything happens for a reason and for everything that happen, we learn some lessons. I thought it would be great to share the lessons we learned in life to our fellow CM members. So will you join me on this thread?

--hide--

Lea one lesson I learned is to not get roped into other peoples drama. Second, there is no reason to respond to negativity, and there is power in not responding and trying to get the last word in...especially on some of these very negative CM threads. My time is my time...and I give it and share it in a way that is worthy.

03/07/2013 new

(Quote) Laura-695247 said: Lea one lesson I learned is to not get roped into other peoples drama. Second, there...
(Quote) Laura-695247 said:

Lea one lesson I learned is to not get roped into other peoples drama. Second, there is no reason to respond to negativity, and there is power in not responding and trying to get the last word in...especially on some of these very negative CM threads. My time is my time...and I give it and share it in a way that is worthy.

--hide--

Nice post, Laura! hug Very true.

Drama is exhausting - why let ourselves get sucked into it? So much easier to just walk away. Many times, silence really IS golden. wink Praying

As for time - you are so right there too - my time is MY time, I've learned to not feel bad about taking time for myself! heart biggrin

03/07/2013 new

We do not choose what happens to us (usualy) we do choose how to respond.

Also, when we lose someone we love things never go back to the old normal, you will eventually make a new normal. That may sound weird but someone told me that after I lost my Dad and it helped. Well that and praying for him.

03/07/2013 new
love your point Jason
Posts 61 - 70 of 142