Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

03/04/2013 new

(Quote) Cindy-681844 said: Amen to your post. DennisPrager, one of my favorite talk show hosts, says that men need to be respected ...
(Quote) Cindy-681844 said: Amen to your post. DennisPrager, one of my favorite talk show hosts, says that men need to be respected and a level of respect in the relationship leads to love for women. What do you think?
--hide--

I think that's very true. Men need to know that women look to them for advice and to make decisions and know that they are respected and taken seriously. I think there is a lot of role reversal happening and it's damaging to both men and women alike. But take anything I say with a grain of salt...I'm still single! laughing

03/04/2013 new
I could not agree more. The breaking down of our men as leaders is breaking down the family from the inside out. Some women because of insecurity, past hurt or lack of understanding of the beauty of the purpose of women think that they need to be men in order to be admired. That if they in humility give in to submission that they will some how be crushed or trampled on. That great comes from not being exposed to good men in their lives or good examples of love. It is truly sad especially when you see their brokeness in the way they carry themselves or the things that they say. It is sven safer when many of them do not even realize how hurt or damaged their hearts are. Submission does not man that you have to give up who you are our that you are not strong. It means having the courage to surrender trip love and to trust someone enough to allow them to love you as you deserve. With a good Godly man it is a beautiful thing. To me it takes more strength and courage to be willing to surrender to love than to give in to the natural response to past hurts.
03/04/2013 new
Sorry for all of the typos. I was posting from my phone. But seriously ladies. We can still be strong smart beautiful women and give in to the holy surrender of martial love. The Church is in a position of submission to Christ and that its not a distasteful or disadvantaged position. Marital love with a good man is a mirror of that relationship. So ladies concentrate on finding a good man instead of concentrating on not letting down your defenses.
03/04/2013 new

(Quote) Shara-929649 said: Sorry for all of the typos. I was posting from my phone. But seriously ladies. We can still be strong sm...
(Quote) Shara-929649 said: Sorry for all of the typos. I was posting from my phone. But seriously ladies. We can still be strong smart beautiful women and give in to the holy surrender of martial love. The Church is in a position of submission to Christ and that its not a distasteful or disadvantaged position. Marital love with a good man is a mirror of that relationship. So ladies concentrate on finding a good man instead of concentrating on not letting down your defenses.
--hide--

All great points! I especially liked what you said about The Church being in submission to Christ. I had never thought of it that way before. Very thought provoking. Men and women were created to be very different and of course complimentary. I agree that we should embrace this instead of fighting against it or trying to change it. Everyone (husbands, wives and children) would befefit greatly if everyone were living their God given roles.

03/07/2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-706626 said: Thank you Monica: I also would like to thank men when they suppor women in all area...
(Quote) Patricia-706626 said:

Thank you Monica:

I also would like to thank men when they suppor women in all areas.

Thank you for being leaders in marriage,families,and church.
Thank you for being open to compromises.

Thank your compassion and understanding in difficult times (just being there).That LISTENING EAR WHEN NEEDED.

Thank you for appreciating our femininity... that God made us different ....but we can/do compliment each other.

Thank for the sacrifices you make to support us,and family.....Time,and money.

Thank you for allowing us to minister to extended family members, and friends taking time from you and money.

Thank you for all the little things you do ...just because ....and chores you rather not do .

--hide--

This is lovely Patricia! Thank you for posting this for the men!! biggrin God bless you

03/08/2013 new

(Quote) Monica-730858 said: All great points! I especially liked what you said about The Church being in submission...
(Quote) Monica-730858 said:

All great points! I especially liked what you said about The Church being in submission to Christ. I had never thought of it that way before. Very thought provoking. Men and women were created to be very different and of course complimentary. I agree that we should embrace this instead of fighting against it or trying to change it. Everyone (husbands, wives and children) would befefit greatly if everyone were living their God given roles.

--hide--

It is fascinating you say that Monica, as a Scientist and a Nurse, men and women are created differently, but at the same time complementary, and to be partners. A man needs a woman to complete himself and a woman needs a man to complete herself. Women are the break on mens more primitive impulsiveness and men are the accelerator for women more gentle timidness. Both are required for species survival, and woman are needed to nurture our children. Both are needed to create a family and a family is the greatest pray to God. As our French cousins would say Viva Le difference!!!

Books, studies and whole Chairs at Universities have been created to study and promote our gender cohesion and the study of the family as the basis of society.

Thats why I admire the celibate, especially the Clergy, they give all this up in prayer and penance for the rest of us. More than I could do it would be too hard.

03/08/2013 new

(Quote) Monica-730858 said: Thank you for... praying with and...
(Quote) Monica-730858 said:

Thank you for...

praying with and for us

being our friends and protectors

holding our hands and opening doors..

offering your shoulder when we need one to cry on

being strong for us even when it's hard

accepting our faults and weaknesses

helping us to grow in holiness

fighting temptations even when God is the only one watching

not compromising when it comes to the truth

forgiving us

And for all of the little things you do...

Thank you! We ladies are blessed to know good Catholic men like yourselves who love the Lord. God bless you all! = )

--hide--
In the quiet of the night I often think, What is God's most beautiful creation? I always come back to truth, above all creation, that which is stuningly mesmorising and is God's Masterpiece,It is Woman. All else could disappear except woman and all would be well. I am fascinated by the female of our species. It is as though we are a broken gold coin only when the two halves are joined together does the coin attain its true value and reason for being. I for one thank God our creator for the gift of woman. You Monica are gift to all of us, God bless you and may the Lord find your complimentary half. Bow clap

03/08/2013 new

(Quote) Con-888377 said: I for one thank God our creator for the gift of woman. You Monica are gift to all of us, God bless...
(Quote) Con-888377 said:

I for one thank God our creator for the gift of woman. You Monica are gift to all of us, God bless you and may the Lord find your complimentary half.

--hide--

This was well said. I have the same thoughts. I wish the same thing for you too, Monica. Praying rosary

03/08/2013 new
(Quote) Patrick-624504 said: It is fascinating you say that Monica, as a Scientist and a Nurse, men and women are created ...
(Quote) Patrick-624504 said:

It is fascinating you say that Monica, as a Scientist and a Nurse, men and women are created differently, but at the same time complementary, and to be partners. A man needs a woman to complete himself and a woman needs a man to complete herself. Women are the break on mens more primitive impulsiveness and men are the accelerator for women more gentle timidness. Both are required for species survival, and woman are needed to nurture our children. Both are needed to create a family and a family is the greatest pray to God. As our French cousins would say Viva Le difference!!!

Books, studies and whole Chairs at Universities have been created to study and promote our gender cohesion and the study of the family as the basis of society.

Thats why I admire the celibate, especially the Clergy, they give all this up in prayer and penance for the rest of us. More than I could do it would be too hard.

--hide--

Great thoughts Patrick, thank you! Yes, I'm ever thankful that we have Religious who are continually offering sacrifice, making reparations and praying for all of us laity. It takes all of the different vocations to fight the fight of us Church Militant here on earth! God bless you!
03/08/2013 new
(Quote) Con-888377 said: In the quiet of the night I often think, What is God's most beautiful creation? I always come back to truth, ...
(Quote) Con-888377 said:

In the quiet of the night I often think, What is God's most beautiful creation? I always come back to truth, above all creation, that which is stuningly mesmorising and is God's Masterpiece,It is Woman. All else could disappear except woman and all would be well. I am fascinated by the female of our species. It is as though we are a broken gold coin only when the two halves are joined together does the coin attain its true value and reason for being. I for one thank God our creator for the gift of woman. You Monica are gift to all of us, God bless you and may the Lord find your complimentary half.

--hide--

So beautiful Con, thanks for posting this! It's been wonderful to see just how many men on here are true romantics! Thank you for appreciating the ladies God has created and please continue to pray that we ladies are able to do the same for you men. God bless you and I pray He sends you a very special someone.
Posts 151 - 160 of 162