Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Mar 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Dave-146273 said: it sure would go further than the Complaining threads.. and maybe even open up some frien...
(Quote) Dave-146273 said:

it sure would go further than the Complaining threads.. and maybe even open up some friendly dialogue..

--hide--

Wisdom alert. Wise, handsome man speaking ladies. clap clap clap

Mar 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Jim-872446 said: Thanks Monica!! This beautiful post gives us all much-needed boost. Believe me, it is appreciated.<...
(Quote) Jim-872446 said:

Thanks Monica!! This beautiful post gives us all much-needed boost. Believe me, it is appreciated.

It's actually pretty easy for us to kill bugs, open doors, and move furniture. It's some of the other stuff you touched on that is very hard for us to control and live up to - especially in today's culture.

Again, thank you!

--hide--
Thank you for being reliable, for being there for us even when we're alone. We know that you are there.

Thank you for supporting other people in their relationships, for being "a friend of the marriage," rather than someone who encourages a friend to stay and have another beer or, worse yet, engage in the 90 Mile Rule (i.e., marriage vows are null when you're 90 miles from home.)

Mar 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: It could be a trap!
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

It could be a trap!

--hide--
Good old, Bernard -- always the optimist!!!! laughing

Mar 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Leon-593843 said:May God grant you joy, happiness, peace and much love in your life.Blessings always, <...
(Quote) Leon-593843 said:

May God grant you joy, happiness, peace and much love in your life.

Blessings always,

Leon

--hide--
Leon, When your light shines, you encourage others' lights to shine. Thank you for showing your loving side to us.

Mar 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Shara-929649 said: Wisdom alert. Wise, handsome man speaking ladies.
(Quote) Shara-929649 said:

Wisdom alert. Wise, handsome man speaking ladies.

--hide--

can't take all the credit... it came out of a practice that a company i worked for a few yrs ago would do; we (employees) would nominate one person, each mth, from each dept for something they did that exemplified the company's values. This not only highlighted an "ideal" behavior but also gave an opportunity to see an associate in a different light. This could also be done here occasionally by posting a Thread commending someone for something they did that really stands out. Probably would want to get that persons permission before posting something like that cuz some people dont like the spotlight.. but you get the general idea. Let's build each other up..not generalize and tear down. Praying hug smile

Mar 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Bob-879967 said: Monica, and the other ladies that have posted on this forum. Thank you. This is a beautiful example...
(Quote) Bob-879967 said:

Monica, and the other ladies that have posted on this forum. Thank you. This is a beautiful example of how you can catch more flies with honey.

--hide--
Bob, Women are like flowers. The more sunlight and attention and playfulness you give us, the more we will blossom and fill your day with beauty.

Mar 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Dave-146273 said: can't take all the credit... it came out of a practice that a company i worked for a ...

can't take all the credit... it came out of a practice that a company i worked for a few yrs ago would do; we (employees) would nominate one person, each mth, from each dept for something they did that exemplified the company's values. This not only highlighted an "ideal" behavior but also gave an opportunity to see an associate in a different light. This could also be done here occasionally by posting a Thread commending someone for something they did that really stands out. Probably would want to get that persons permission before posting something like that cuz some people dont like the spotlight.. but you get the general idea. Let's build each other up..not generalize and tear down.

--hide--

Extremely well said and once again filled with wisdom. We get beat down so much out there. This place should be a place of support and love.

St. Josemaria said "lean hard on the brotherhood and stand strong so that you can be leaned on in turn" . That does not only stand true for lay organizations like Opus Dei. CM is OUR lay group and we need to be able to lean hard on this brotherhood and count on that support. Thanks for the suggestion.

Mar 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Dave-146273 said: can't take all the credit... it came out of a practice that a company i worked for a ...

can't take all the credit... it came out of a practice that a company i worked for a few yrs ago would do; we (employees) would nominate one person, each mth, from each dept for something they did that exemplified the company's values. This not only highlighted an "ideal" behavior but also gave an opportunity to see an associate in a different light. This could also be done here occasionally by posting a Thread commending someone for something they did that really stands out. Probably would want to get that persons permission before posting something like that cuz some people dont like the spotlight.. but you get the general idea. Let's build each other up..not generalize and tear down.

--hide--
Yup, Shara, you're right. Wisdom alert. And he learns from others, then shares his knowledge.

Mar 2nd 2013 new
(Quote) Monica-730858 said: Thank you for... praying with and for us
(Quote) Monica-730858 said:

Thank you for...

praying with and for us

being our friends and protectors

holding our hands and opening doors..

offering your shoulder when we need one to cry on

being strong for us even when it's hard

accepting our faults and weaknesses

helping us to grow in holiness

fighting temptations even when God is the only one watching

not compromising when it comes to the truth

forgiving us

And for all of the little things you do...

Thank you! We ladies are blessed to know good Catholic men like yourselves who love the Lord. God bless you all! = )

--hide--
I have read your thread from the beginning when you posted Monica and have enjoyed all the positive replies from all those who have remarked. You are sweet and I appreciate your ability to bring out the positive in men. What would we do without them? Whatever the relationship, friend, coworker, confidant, partner, they have always made me feel important and special in the moment. Eileen
Mar 2nd 2013 new

Thank You Monica!

Good to know the male gets an appreciation once in a while

and not be labelled as scapegoat when situation flare goes up, or doubt arises in uncertainties.

To me, I think women need to be pampered, respected and loved fully.

The tenacity of women supporting the men makes the balance world.

Cheers to God's equality plan - The "Yin" & The "Yang" in Chinese philosophy.

biggrin

Posts 71 - 80 of 162