Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Mar 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Claire-730554 said: Is there something wrong with short women.I 'm short and still having problems with dating. ...
(Quote) Claire-730554 said:

Is there something wrong with short women.I 'm short and still having problems with dating. :

--hide--

There is nothing wrong with short women. It is harder on us if we gain a pound or two- It is more visible than in a taller frame.

If this is hard for men to see past- and for them to recognize, then this is their choice. I am short too and in theory need to be very skinny to take the very best hollywood level photo.

The camera adds 15 lbs to our picture. Now that it is digital- there is an added level of distortion to the photos.

Men who are thinking men and not just reacting to the visual shoul process this FACT through their thinking capacity and should attempt to take this into account. So must we ladies process this fact through our minds and work out (exercise) put on some make up- to get the best out of our photos- but we cannot be a SLAVE to it (photos).

If it is just a matter of photos--- then in reality it is the nature of several beasts here in the world.

I am not sure what issue you speak of Claire... What is it?

Mar 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Claire-730554 said: Is there something wrong with short women.I 'm short and still having problems with dating. ...

Is there something wrong with short women.I 'm short and still having problems with dating. :

--hide--
Claire, I am short too! I didn't realize that it WAS a drawback! Hang in there - there are men who will appreciate YOU no matter how tall or short you are!

Mar 2nd 2013 new

--hide--
Claire, I am short too! I didn't realize that it WAS a drawback! Hang in there - there are men who will appreciate YOU no matter how tall or short you are!

Mar 2nd 2013 new

I don't think men give too much thought to how short a woman is, but I think some men do care if a woman is taller because they feel they might be rejected because they are shorter than the woman. Good Luck.

Mar 2nd 2013 new

--hide--

Wow Claire, that surprises me because I find the men in Louisiana, on average, are shorter than me and I am 5'6". I think I would rather be shorter than a man but that is not up to me now is it? God bless you in your search, the right one is out there, we just need to Pray, Hope and don't Worry.

Mar 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Brendan-824174 said: I don't think men give too much thought to how short a woman is, but I think some men do ca...
(Quote) Brendan-824174 said:

I don't think men give too much thought to how short a woman is, but I think some men do care if a woman is taller because they feel they might be rejected because they are shorter than the woman. Good Luck.

--hide--

I agree with you. Most men don't care about height. I have had a California man demand to know my weight a few years back or he would stop correspondance. I told him fine- we can stop correspondance. So I am used to the weight issue and how it is harder to live with or mask if one's frame is short- Hence- regular healthy diet and exercise is my solution. I know there are men here who need to heed that solution as well. I think this thread is posted in the wrong room. Forgive me everyone for talking too much aboput weight- but for anyone short- i think that is the issue that begins to be a concern of someone online who is only seeing a photo and who is wondering if they want to date us or not. This is how I see it for myself.

Mar 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: I agree with you. Most men don't care about height. I have had a California man deman...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

I agree with you. Most men don't care about height. I have had a California man demand to know my weight a few years back or he would stop correspondance. I told him fine- we can stop correspondance. So I am used to the weight issue and how it is harder to live with or mask if one's frame is short- Hence- regular healthy diet and exercise is my solution. I know there are men here who need to heed that solution as well. I think this thread is posted in the wrong room. Forgive me everyone for talking too much aboput weight- but for anyone short- i think that is the issue that begins to be a concern of someone online who is only seeing a photo and who is wondering if they want to date us or not. This is how I see it for myself.

--hide--

YIKES shocked a man demanded to know your weight!

Mar 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Joan-529855 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: I agree with you. Most men don't car...
(Quote) Joan-529855 said:

Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

YIKES a man demanded to know your weight!

--hide--

The man was from Salinas, CA was very legalistic and was a recovered alcoholic. I had been reading about John Steinbeck (author)and how there is a old home in Carmel where he lived and this man was an English teacher who lived near those areas of CA and I asked about it and attempted to engage this man in intelligent and respectful conversation. He was ok with that but was not very excited about the home Steinbeck had lived in- still that is a more appropriate subjkect matter than my weight IMHO.

I was stunned when suddenly raised the bar (or lowered himself) and he threatened to quit talking if I did not disclose my weight. I stated to him, "I will not disclose my weight to you, you are free to discontinue talking with me."

I very am well aware that I am short and that I am not thin in appearance in my photos. I grew up dancing ballet in front of a mirror where we had to scrutinize our appearance. I know that most ballerinas and models literally starve themselves but are gifted with a thin frame. I can look thinner but always must work at it and I am more than willing to do so. THAT is the CONVERSATON and MAN and WOMAN need to have with one another. I need to state I am more than willing to exercise and he needs to join me or do the same himself. Period.

I am not going to be treated that way and I am not going to let someone treat me like an object SIMPLY for his pleasure like he was ordering up a doll. I gave him what he deserved. He knew almost nothing about me and I don't deserve that. Weight can be discussed but not in an degrading, objectifying, ugly or threatening way. I am not an object. I am a human being. I expect to be treated with respect and so should everyone here.

Mar 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: (Quote) Claire-730554 said: Is there something wrong with short women.I ...
(Quote) Kristen-878108 said:

Quote:
Claire-730554 said:

--hide--

It is not a drawback. We should all hope to find a person of good character. The right man will see what a gem you are Calir and Kristen and looks for character.... The man you don't want to be with- treats this issue as if you are an object.

Mar 2nd 2013 new
As far as height goes, I'll consider anyone who will consider me. But after seeing so many women insist on a "tall" man, I gave up writing to anyone more than 5' 9" unless she writes to me first. I can only bang my head against the wall so many times before it starts to hurt.
Posts 11 - 20 of 56