Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Mar 3rd 2013 new

Hi Claire---God loves you unconditionally and has a plan for you theheart rosary

Mar 4th 2013 new

Hi Claire:

I'm the shortest in my family. My kids as well as nieces and nephews all come up to me to measure themselves. It's a cute joke. wink I don't know if they actually let out a sigh of relief when they realize they are taller than me... scratchchin I sometimes go to the movies with my youngest son (16) and I make sure to wear high heels / platform shoes! He loves it heart

I have not dated much, but I can say that height has never felt like an issue to me.

hug Enjoy the gift of life,

Mari

Mar 4th 2013 new

Ouch. This topic really caught my attention & I normally don't post on any forum. *LOL* I'm only 4'9", a little overweight & probably the shortest among the women posters here. laughing

It really didn't occur to me that it's a problem at all... except for inconveniences like being unable to reach things & find clothes that fit. There were times where people thought I was my ex-boyfriend's daughter (he was a foot taller), or being mistaken as a "1 child" at restaurants or amusement parks. laughing But that's small stuff. I just laugh it off.

Claire, just continue to be your happy self biggrin If guys think we're too short, not our problem ;-) We really don't want to waste time on guys like that. God bless wave

Mar 4th 2013 new

Hi Claire, I'm only 5'1 and I've never had a problem with dating. I think the key is to have a "BIG" Personality!!!! :) Good luck Dear!

Mar 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Sharon-947268 said: Hi Claire, I'm only 5'1 and I've never had a problem with dating. I think the key is...
(Quote) Sharon-947268 said:

Hi Claire, I'm only 5'1 and I've never had a problem with dating. I think the key is to have a "BIG" Personality!!!! :) Good luck Dear!

--hide--

First of all, Happy Birthday, Claire! Happy Birthday! And I agree that I've never felt my height was an issue and I've dated guys up to a foot taller than me. It's not a biggie. I've found that if you stand on the step you can kiss them good night without them having to stoop clear over! wink Besides - we 'vertically challenged' ladies have something to offer that the taller ladies don't. I have it on good authority from my 6'2" 17 year old son, that we make great chin rests when they get tired! laughing laughing

And you are spot on when you said, "the key is to have a Big Personality". Works for me.

Mar 5th 2013 new

Ditto - personality and having a good heart heart To my recollection, my 4'9" frame has never been an issue to the "Giants". laughing

Don't the best things come in small packages? wink

Mar 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Rollanda-905758 said: Hello Claire,(Quote) Just remeber he made you as you are and God does not make mistakes...
(Quote) Rollanda-905758 said:

Hello Claire,

Quote:
Just remeber he made you as you are and God does not make mistakes.
May the Lord send the right man for you and just hang in there till it happens.
God bless my sister and give her the man she is waiting for the life she desires amen.[/quote]
Also the best things in life come in small packages

I am short myself, so I can say all this to you.

[quote]
--hide--

Hey, Rollanda,

Is it ok if I "steal" part of your prayer for myself? I certainly am NOT short, but quite tall! I snuck into this topic because I was curious. Anyway, it is important for people of any height to remember that principle. I feel ever so comfortable with taller men & I hope the Lord will send me just the right gentleman.

Mar 14th 2013 new
(Quote) Claire-730554 said: Thanks Rollanda!God Bless you!
(Quote) Claire-730554 said:

Thanks Rollanda!God Bless you!

--hide--
Hi Claire, I put 5'2" on my profile but the last time I was at the doctors office, I didn't reach that mark! I was surprised but not much caring. It is all good. Eileen
Mar 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Joan-529855 said: Well, it is alot easier being a short woman than a tall woman because the short woman has ANY man ...
(Quote) Joan-529855 said:

Well, it is alot easier being a short woman than a tall woman because the short woman has ANY man to choose from. Most men would rather be with someone shorter than themselves, which leaves virtually ALL short women.

--hide--

Exactly.

And while some more "festively plump" women might also have a hard time, I've noticed that guys are really off when a lass is stronger than them. Shorter than them, fatter then them, even taller than them, guys might not bother so much... but if you're in a situation where you could lay the smack down...

I've got me some big ole nurse muscles under my blubber.

Mar 15th 2013 new

Claire, I want you to know that I prayed for a good portion of my childhood that I would be short when I grew up. I was terrified that I would end up like my aunts and mom at six feet high crazy shocked weeping and have to bend over to kiss my husband. faint

God answered my prayers....sorta. boggled I ended up at 5'6" but often find myself taller than the prospects I meet on a regular basis. I have a hard time finding a shorter man than I attractive...I just feel that on some scale he is more childish than I. I know that makes no sense, but it is how I feel. six of my sibs are taller than me and see fit to remind me of this as much as possible.

Posts 41 - 50 of 56