Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Mar 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Kaya-179003 said: I am very sorry about your problem Patricia. I have recommended this site to hundreds of fa...
(Quote) Kaya-179003 said:

I am very sorry about your problem Patricia.

I have recommended this site to hundreds of family and friends and nobody complained so far...

--hide--

Better safe than sorry. I really believe this is the site that totally destroyed my computer! And, really, we can all choose a cardinal or cardinals to pray for without risking that our computers will be destroyed. The other woman who started the thread was also from outside of the United States, and so maybe it is just targeting computers in the U.S. - who knows. But, it cost a lot of time and energy to fix my computer (fortunately I had paid for a service contract or it would have cost many hundreds of dollars to fix. I don't think it is wise to continue to recommend a site that probably has viruses in the emails it sends out to the people who use it.

Mar 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Better safe than sorry. I really believe this is the site that totally destroyed my com...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

Better safe than sorry. I really believe this is the site that totally destroyed my computer! And, really, we can all choose a cardinal or cardinals to pray for without risking that our computers will be destroyed. The other woman who started the thread was also from outside of the United States, and so maybe it is just targeting computers in the U.S. - who knows. But, it cost a lot of time and energy to fix my computer (fortunately I had paid for a service contract or it would have cost many hundreds of dollars to fix. I don't think it is wise to continue to recommend a site that probably has viruses in the emails it sends out to the people who use it.

--hide--

Those who want to take a chance using the Adopt a Cardinal site can easily find the URL using a search engine.

For those who would rather choose their own Cardinal, here are two helpful lists:

Names and biographies from the Vatican Press Office: www.vatican.va

Sortable list on Wikipedia: en.wikipedia.org

Trivia: There are only three living Cardinals (none electors), including Benedict XVI, who were appointed by Pope Paul VI; the remainder were appointed by Pope John Paul II or Pope Benedict.

Mar 2nd 2013 new

I will also pray for Cardinal O"Malley

Mar 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Kaya-179003 said: To support the Cardinals with prayer before and during conclave German Catholic Youth have set up ...

To support the Cardinals with prayer before and during conclave German Catholic Youth have set up this site:

During last week the number of peopel who adopted a cardinal grew from 2,000 to almost 170,000 and new versions of the site in Spanish and Polish appeared.

I am praying for Cardinal O'Malley

--hide--

Dear Peter Beck,

Congratulations!

You have adopted this Cardinal:

Isaac Cleemis Thottunkal, from India, born 15.6.1959.
He's been a Cardinal since 24.11.2012 and his function is: Major Archbishop of Trivandrum, India and head of the Syro-Malankara Catholic Church

May the prayer for your Cardinal be deeply blessed.
The team behind adoptacardinal.org

Just one question, are we responsible for their care and feeding? laughing

Mar 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Kaya-179003 said: To support the Cardinals with prayer before and during conclave German Catholic Youth have set up ...

To support the Cardinals with prayer before and during conclave German Catholic Youth have set up this site:

During last week the number of peopel who adopted a cardinal grew from 2,000 to almost 170,000 and new versions of the site in Spanish and Polish appeared.

--hide--

Hi Kaya et alia,

I had a laughable brain freeze here for a second. I momentarily thought you were talking about birds!

James ☺

Mar 4th 2013 new

--hide--
What do we win if our adoptee becomes the next Pope? scratchchin

Mar 4th 2013 new

I also find useful www.catholic-hierarchy.org

Mar 4th 2013 new

And clothing! imagine that!!! ;)

Mar 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: Dear Peter Beck, Congratulations! You have adopted this C...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

Dear Peter Beck,

Congratulations!

You have adopted this Cardinal:

Isaac Cleemis Thottunkal, from India, born 15.6.1959.
He's been a Cardinal since 24.11.2012 and his function is: Major Archbishop of Trivandrum, India and head of the Syro-Malankara Catholic Church

May the prayer for your Cardinal be deeply blessed.
The team behind adoptacardinal.org

Just one question, are we responsible for their care and feeding?

--hide--

And clothing! imagine that ;)

Mar 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: What do we win if our adoptee becomes the next Pope?
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

What do we win if our adoptee becomes the next Pope?

--hide--

I am afraid betting NOT included wink

Even more prayer would be my guess!

Posts 11 - 20 of 31