Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

03/04/2013 new

(Quote) Martha-709384 said: I will also pray for Cardinal O"Malley
(Quote) Martha-709384 said:

I will also pray for Cardinal O"Malley

--hide--

I'll remeber you along with Cardinal O'Malley - that's what I call Communion of Saints biggrin

03/04/2013 new

(Quote) Kaya-179003 said: I am afraid betting NOT included Even more prayer would be my guess! ...
(Quote) Kaya-179003 said:

I am afraid betting NOT included

Even more prayer would be my guess!

--hide--
He will certainly have mine. Your country gave us the gold standard, and that will be difficult for anyone to live up to! theheart

03/04/2013 new

How wonderful!

I'm letting everyone I know of this iniciative. My boss already got on it, and is going around the office!

Ha adoptado el cardenal siguiente:

Norberto Rivera Carrera, de Mexico, nacido el 6/6/1942.
Él tiene desde 21/2/1998 cardenal y tiene una función: Archbishop of Mexico (City), Mexico

Le deseamos todo el Espíritu Santo, mientras ora por su cardenal

No wonder I was assigned him... Our Parish Priests at Our Lady of Guadalupe when I was 1st Communion catequist's name was Norberto - may he rest in peace. There are no coincidences..so I'll pray for his soul, too.

clap My souls rejoyces. Thanks so much for this opportunity, Dear Lord!

Mari

03/04/2013 new

In case you haven't read through this thread, I just want to remind people that the day after I went to the adopt a cardinal site and they sent me a message to my private email address, my computer was totally destroyed by a virus. And, this was the only suspicious message I got! I would advise not risking getting a virus that will destroy all the files on your computer unless you want to spend a lot of money and time getting it fixed!

03/04/2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: He will certainly have mine. Your country gave us the gold standard, and that will be difficult f...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

He will certainly have mine. Your country gave us the gold standard, and that will be difficult for anyone to live up to!

--hide--

I do hope it's US turn, now rosary

03/04/2013 new
(Quote) Peter-449116 said: Dear Peter Beck, Congratulations! You have adopt...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

Dear Peter Beck,

Congratulations!

You have adopted this Cardinal:

Isaac Cleemis Thottunkal, from India, born 15.6.1959.
He's been a Cardinal since 24.11.2012 and his function is: Major Archbishop of Trivandrum, India and head of the Syro-Malankara Catholic Church

May the prayer for your Cardinal be deeply blessed.
The team behind adoptacardinal.org

Just one question, are we responsible for their care and feeding?

--hide--

Having an Eastern Catholic Pope would be an interesting thing.
03/05/2013 new

I'll be praying for Cardinal Laurent Monsengwo Pasinya, from Democratic Republic of Congo.

03/05/2013 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: Having an Eastern Catholic Pope would be an interesting thing.
(Quote) John-220051 said:

Having an Eastern Catholic Pope would be an interesting thing.
--hide--

Especially if he introduced Eastern liturgy!

03/05/2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-942124 said: I'll be praying for Cardinal Laurent Monsengwo Pasinya, from Democratic ...
(Quote) Elizabeth-942124 said:

I'll be praying for Cardinal Laurent Monsengwo Pasinya, from Democratic Republic of Congo.

--hide--

That's pretty exotic. And he is a member of the royal family, too.

03/05/2013 new

I have already done this, mine is the Peruvian Cardinal whose last name I of course can't remember at the moment. I think that we should ALWAYS do this. Maybe as a part of being a Catholic. Adopt a priest to pray for that we pray for as long as they live. Wouldn't that be wonderful?

Posts 21 - 30 of 31