Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Mar 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: Kerry has supposedly garnered promises from Morsi for better representation by non muslims. My fr...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

Kerry has supposedly garnered promises from Morsi for better representation by non muslims. My friend's daughter is there teaching elementary school. She doesn't believe the muslim brotherhood represents the majority of Egyptians. They are too dependent on tourism to alienate the first world. We can't be like Senator McCarthy and look for al Qaeda under every rock like the neocons want- We can't afford any more unnecessary wars.

--hide--

Come on Peter. rolling eyes

They only comprise enough of the population to control and win the elections, while arbitrarily deciding to do away with the constitution? But they don't want to interrupt tourism? And we're supposed to just "not' look under that rock based on "assurances". If you think Israel is a difficult ally, you ain't seen nothing yet.

Mar 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: Wouldn't it be great if we Americans had this kind of influence with our own representa...

Wouldn't it be great if we Americans had this kind of influence with our own representatives!

"At a time when sequestration is about to take a big bite out of the Pentagon budget, the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) will be sending thousands of its citizen lobbyists to Capitol Hill next week to make sure Israel is exempted from any spending cuts."

www.thejewishweek.com

Bracing myself for expected verbal assaults!

First!

--hide--

I guess I don't see the big deal. Every organization with their hand in the taxpayer's wallet is doing this.

Mar 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: It's a drop in the bucket- we give Egypt over a $billion per year. It's bribery to be &qu...

It's a drop in the bucket- we give Egypt over a $billion per year. It's bribery to be "friends" with Israel, which is so much of a world pariah that we have to pay surrounding arab countries not to attack them.

--hide--

But "Your" argument is based on an article that highlights the spending during sequestration, and then tries to downplay everything else. Poor move.

Mar 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Brian-699857 said: Come on Peter. They only comprise enough of the population to control and...
(Quote) Brian-699857 said:

Come on Peter.

They only comprise enough of the population to control and win the elections, while arbitrarily deciding to do away with the constitution? But they don't want to interrupt tourism? And we're supposed to just "not' look under that rock based on "assurances". If you think Israel is a difficult ally, you ain't seen nothing yet.

--hide--
Again too many Americans are putting all muslims in the same box. The muslim brotherhood is not our enemy, but we are putting needed pressure on Morsi to give all Egyptian citizens a say in government. If they became oppressive, tourism would suffer. We have seen in Tahrir Square, that Egyptians are keeping him on a short leash. Think what you will, but Egypt is not our problem.

Mar 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Brian-699857 said: But "Your" argument is based on an article that highlights the spending dur...
(Quote) Brian-699857 said:

But "Your" argument is based on an article that highlights the spending during sequestration, and then tries to downplay everything else. Poor move.

--hide--
The article in question simply points out that a foreign country's priorities are more important than ours, and they are not.

Mar 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: Kerry has supposedly garnered promises from Morsi for better representation by non muslims. My fr...

Kerry has supposedly garnered promises from Morsi for better representation by non muslims. My friend's daughter is there teaching elementary school. She doesn't believe the muslim brotherhood represents the majority of Egyptians. They are too dependent on tourism to alienate the first world. We can't be like Senator McCarthy and look for al Qaeda under every rock like the neocons want- We can't afford any more unnecessary wars.

--hide--

Why is she teaching in Eqypt? Isn't that dangerous?

I think the muslim brotherhood is in every Arab spring country now.

Mar 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Steve-650539 said: I guess I don't see the big deal. Every organization with their hand in the taxp...
(Quote) Steve-650539 said:

I guess I don't see the big deal. Every organization with their hand in the taxpayer's wallet is doing this.

--hide--

That is true.

Mar 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: It's a drop in the bucket- we give Egypt over a $billion per year. It's bribery to be &qu...

It's a drop in the bucket- we give Egypt over a $billion per year. It's bribery to be "friends" with Israel, which is so much of a world pariah that we have to pay surrounding arab countries not to attack them.

--hide--

How can Israel be a world pariah when it is about the size of a pinhead compared to even the Arab nations around it?

Mar 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: How can Israel be a world pariah when it is about the size of a pinhead compared to ev...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

How can Israel be a world pariah when it is about the size of a pinhead compared to even the Arab nations around it?

--hide--
We Americans share the credit- they couldn't have done it without us.

Mar 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Why is she teaching in Eqypt? Isn't that dangerous?I think the muslim brot...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

Why is she teaching in Eqypt? Isn't that dangerous?

I think the muslim brotherhood is in every Arab spring country now.

--hide--
Egypt is not unstable like Lybia or Syria, though it still has a long way to go.

This is her website:

www.indiegogo.com

Posts 11 - 20 of 115