Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Mar 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: Thomas, Israel is the only country in the history of the world that apparently has a Special Disp...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

Thomas, Israel is the only country in the history of the world that apparently has a Special Dispensation from God, granting it immunity from criticism. If the Almighty had granted the same to America, we would still have slavery.

--hide--
I just saying that is how they see it and that is what will make them fight for every inch. I mean look at there history. It's like every power on earth owned them or persecuted them. How would you feel if you were them.they were slaves more then any other race of people. Think about how long it has taken them to get there country back. They still have not built there temple back. They are surrounded buy enemies and have to be pretty paranoid like every day in that country. I will always side with them, because they are Gods chosen people and have a right to beleft alone. I know the Muslims do not have any honest motives and they never will.

Mar 6th 2013 new

I've heard that this $250 million is only a "down payment" on the planned $1-2 billion that the U.S. plans to give Egypt. Sorry, I don't have the exact source for this and am not sure if it is closer to 1 or 2 billion.

Ed

Mar 6th 2013 new

(Quote) ED-20630 said: I've heard that this $250 million is only a "down payment" on the planned $1-2 billion ...
(Quote) ED-20630 said:

I've heard that this $250 million is only a "down payment" on the planned $1-2 billion that the U.S. plans to give Egypt. Sorry, I don't have the exact source for this and am not sure if it is closer to 1 or 2 billion.

Ed

--hide--
We have been giving foreign aid to Egypt for years, since we have had to bribe Israel's neighbors for some time not to attack it.

www.fas.org

Mar 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Thomas-699657 said: I just saying that is how they see it and that is what will make them fight for every inch. I me...
(Quote) Thomas-699657 said:

I just saying that is how they see it and that is what will make them fight for every inch. I mean look at there history. It's like every power on earth owned them or persecuted them. How would you feel if you were them.they were slaves more then any other race of people. Think about how long it has taken them to get there country back. They still have not built there temple back. They are surrounded buy enemies and have to be pretty paranoid like every day in that country. I will always side with them, because they are Gods chosen people and have a right to beleft alone. I know the Muslims do not have any honest motives and they never will.

--hide--
Bullying is wrong no matter who is doing the bullying. A former girlfriend and I went through the Holocaust museum in Washington DC. One comes out of there wanting to speak up for the oppressed no matter who they are. What the Jewish people have endured for millenia is appalling, and must never be repeated. That history, as horrible as it was, does not give the Jewish state a free pass to do the same thing to others. There is a new, rational Israel lobby in town and it is called J Street. It is pro-Israel and pro-peace, in other words for a two state solution to the conflict. Unlike the pro war, Greater Israel lobby AIPAC, J Street realizes Israel cannot survive on it's current course. Let's hope they can break AIPAC's stranglehold on the US Congress, and keep American soldiers from dying in another unnecessary war:

http://jstreet.org

Mar 6th 2013 new

I am pleased to read your post-fact. not an inflammatory knee jerk response. Spreading unsubstantiated rumors to me is lying. Many on these forums do not check the facts.At times Iwonder if I should continue with CM, I like a lively political discussion but it should be fact based. Everyone does not have to agree but at least the discussion should be fact based. During the election, I can not believe the number of nasty messages,I received.

Mar 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: We have been giving foreign aid to Egypt for years, since we have had to bribe Israel's neigh...

We have been giving foreign aid to Egypt for years, since we have had to bribe Israel's neighbors for some time not to attack it.

www.fas.org

--hide--

Egypt has pretty much been an ally of the US in Northern Africa with Mubarak. Plus, the Suez canal runs through
Egypt. That land is very high profile for shipping and moving vessels. It was a strategic move to keep good relations
with Egypt. Besides, we give money to every country practically. Don't know why, but we do.

Mar 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: Just bought a copy and am looking forward to it. It was co-produced by a Palestinian and an Israe...

Just bought a copy and am looking forward to it. It was co-produced by a Palestinian and an Israeli.

--hide--

Let me know what you think. It really brings the building of housing for Israel into perspective.

Mar 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Martha-709384 said: I am pleased to read your post-fact. not an inflammatory knee jerk response. Spreading unsubstan...
(Quote) Martha-709384 said:

I am pleased to read your post-fact. not an inflammatory knee jerk response. Spreading unsubstantiated rumors to me is lying. Many on these forums do not check the facts.At times Iwonder if I should continue with CM, I like a lively political discussion but it should be fact based. Everyone does not have to agree but at least the discussion should be fact based. During the election, I can not believe the number of nasty messages,I received.

--hide--

Why did you get nasty messages during the election?

Mar 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Martha-709384 said: I am pleased to read your post-fact. not an inflammatory knee jerk response. Spreading unsubstan...
(Quote) Martha-709384 said:

--hide--
Martha, I hope you did not get those nasty messages from folks here on CM. We need to be civil to each other even if we disagree.

Mar 6th 2013 new

Hi Peter,

Yes, of course we have given Egypt quite a few billions of dollars over the years. The $1-2 billion to which I was referring is money that I believe the U.S. has already semi-commited to Egypt over the next few years.

Ed

Posts 31 - 40 of 115