Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Mar 6th 2013 new

Concerning just the Suez Canal...

I am quite certain that there is an international (probably United Nations agreement) agreement that the Suez Canal and the Panama Canal must be available for use by any nation. I don't believe that Egypt can legally prohibit any nation from using the Suez Canal. Early in 2012, Iran tested this by sending one of their warships through the Suez Canal for only the second time since 1979. See the article at >>>

www.theblaze.com

Ed

Mar 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: Bullying is wrong no matter who is doing the bullying. A former girlfriend and I went through the...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

Bullying is wrong no matter who is doing the bullying. A former girlfriend and I went through the Holocaust museum in Washington DC. One comes out of there wanting to speak up for the oppressed no matter who they are. What the Jewish people have endured for millenia is appalling, and must never be repeated. That history, as horrible as it was, does not give the Jewish state a free pass to do the same thing to others. There is a new, rational Israel lobby in town and it is called J Street. It is pro-Israel and pro-peace, in other words for a two state solution to the conflict. Unlike the pro war, Greater Israel lobby AIPAC, J Street realizes Israel cannot survive on it's current course. Let's hope they can break AIPAC's stranglehold on the US Congress, and keep American soldiers from dying in another unnecessary war:

http://jstreet.o

--hide--
Palistinians have never recordnize Israels right to live in that land and never will. They believe it is there land and will always try to get it back. In my opinion this will never be settled. There will be another war in this region and we will be involved, to help Israel. israel is our only friend in that part of the world and the only reason it has not been destroyed by a Muslim all out war. This is the main reason Muslims hate us and always will and being infidels is the other reason. I don't agree with every thing Israel does, but I understand why they think they have to do it to protect there lives.

Mar 6th 2013 new

(Quote) ED-20630 said: I've heard that this $250 million is only a "down payment" on the planned $1-2 billion ...
(Quote) ED-20630 said:

I've heard that this $250 million is only a "down payment" on the planned $1-2 billion that the U.S. plans to give Egypt. Sorry, I don't have the exact source for this and am not sure if it is closer to 1 or 2 billion.

Ed

--hide--

You're correct, it is just a down payment of a planned $1.5B that was due to be released, including adding state-of-the-art F-16s, to its fleet of 200 fighter jets and an increase of 20% to its current tank capabilities adding the M1A1 Abrams battle tanks. the first delivery was scheduled to take place on Jan 22, but with the budget fiasco, that part was temporarily tabled by Obama and Co, or they would have been skewered.

Mar 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Thomas-699657 said: Palistinians have never recordnize Israels right to live in that land and never will. They belie...
(Quote) Thomas-699657 said:

Palistinians have never recordnize Israels right to live in that land and never will. They believe it is there land and will always try to get it back. In my opinion this will never be settled. There will be another war in this region and we will be involved, to help Israel. israel is our only friend in that part of the world and the only reason it has not been destroyed by a Muslim all out war. This is the main reason Muslims hate us and always will and being infidels is the other reason. I don't agree with every thing Israel does, but I understand why they think they have to do it to protect there lives.

--hide--
I stand by what I said, Thomas. Unlike many Americans, I read many and diverse news sources on the subject. The reason it concerns me so much is that I don't want to see any more American soldiers die in unnecessary wars for a foreign country- especially one that doesn't respect us.

No one should get a free pass to commit human rights violations. No one. Not even your "Chosen People."

Peace. theheart Dove

Mar 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: I stand by what I said, Thomas. Unlike many Americans, I read many and diverse news sources on th...

I stand by what I said, Thomas. Unlike many Americans, I read many and diverse news sources on the subject. The reason it concerns me so much is that I don't want to see any more American soldiers die in unnecessary wars for a foreign country- especially one that doesn't respect us.

No one should get a free pass to commit human rights violations. No one. Not even your "Chosen People."

Peace.

--hide--
I never said they are my chosen people??? I said, that is what they are to God??? You never talk about how many israelies are or have been killed by the muslim or all the Christians who have been killed By the muslims. I guess you don't like Jews and are on board with the new muslim agender. Good luck with that and I will just have to disagree with you. I hope you won't give us up when the muslims attack the USA some day??? The muslims break more Human rights, then any other people in the middle east, including the palestinians in the muslim fold.

Mar 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Thomas-699657 said: I never said they are my chosen people??? I said, that is what they are to God??? You never talk...
(Quote) Thomas-699657 said:

I never said they are my chosen people??? I said, that is what they are to God??? You never talk about how many israelies are or have been killed by the muslim or all the Christians who have been killed By the muslims. I guess you don't like Jews and are on board with the new muslim agender. Good luck with that and I will just have to disagree with you. I hope you won't give us up when the muslims attack the USA some day??? The muslims break more Human rights, then any other people in the middle east, including the palestinians in the muslim fold.

--hide--
Thomas, for a Catholic your reactions on this subject are baffling. Did you even open the two links I provided which were pro Israel and pro peace? I have posted nothing anti-Semitic at all- as I said before most of my sources on this subject are Israeli. My God man, are you a lobbyist for AIPAC? There is a major difference between what the Catholic Church teaches us about getting along with our neighbors and what the crazy Christian Zionist movement puts out there. Are they your source for news? Did you not read the sarcasm in my words when I said Israel appears to have a special dispensation from God granting it immunity from criticism of it's human rights violations? You actually believe they do!

Here is a tally of Palestinian deaths vs. Israeli deaths since 2000:

http://www.ifamericansknew.org

Mar 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: Thomas, for a Catholic your reactions on this subject are baffling. Did you even open the two lin...

Thomas, for a Catholic your reactions on this subject are baffling. Did you even open the two links I provided which were pro Israel and pro peace? I have posted nothing anti-Semitic at all- as I said before most of my sources on this subject are Israeli. My God man, are you a lobbyist for AIPAC? There is a major difference between what the Catholic Church teaches us about getting along with our neighbors and what the crazy Christian Zionist movement puts out there. Are they your source for news? Did you not read the sarcasm in my words when I said Israel appears to have a special dispensation from God granting it immunity from criticism of it's human rights violations? You actually believe they do!

--hide--
If you add up all American deaths and muslim deaths it would be worse then these numbers. If you continue to blow up places and people with suicide bombers and hide in the general public or by hospitals as ha mus and all the other terrorist in Palestine always do, then you will have collateral damage. Iran, Egypt and Lebanon are also a part of this. The palestinians from the beginning have acted in terror and have not stop and numbers mean nothing when you are defending your country. As long as you have less casualties and defend your country. please don't call my being Catholic into this, I disagree with you and i'm just fine with my Catholicism. I do not agree with everything our government does ,but I will die for my country if need be. There are plenty of things we have done wrong to the muslims, but i will never support muslims. They have no good intentions and it seems they never will. they don't want peace they just want to make the whole world theres and always have been this way and it seems they always will so far. Israel is the way less evil, so if I have to chose I chose Israel.

Mar 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: I stand by what I said, Thomas. Unlike many Americans, I read many and diverse news sources on th...

Peace.

--hide--

Peter: From what I remember, any of Israeli wars have been fought by Israeli's who come from all over the world
to join in. I think the Israeli military is the fiercest in the world. They have to be.

And Israel leads the world with aircraft security. When I went to Israel, just queing up to board the El Al plane,
there were so many different levels of security. As you waited in line, you were engaged in small talk by plain
clothes El Al security agents who got a feel for you. Then your bags were taken from you. When you saw
your bags again, they put them on a high table, and had you open them and then they put an explosive sniffer
wand through them. All of this was done so courteously and without incident. It was far from the usual
newly hired, gum-chewing agents from Homeland Security who take their limited authority a little too seriously.

Israel is a small country in a big sea of Arab and Muslim neighbors who don't mind if any harm comes to them.
They take their safety seriously. Any country in the free world can learn from them.

Mar 7th 2013 new

(Quote) ED-20630 said: Concerning just the Suez Canal... I am quite certain that there is an international (proba...
(Quote) ED-20630 said:

Concerning just the Suez Canal...

I am quite certain that there is an international (probably United Nations agreement) agreement that the Suez Canal and the Panama Canal must be available for use by any nation. I don't believe that Egypt can legally prohibit any nation from using the Suez Canal. Early in 2012, Iran tested this by sending one of their warships through the Suez Canal for only the second time since 1979. See the article at >>>

www.theblaze.com

Ed

--hide--

Didn't that Iranian warship look like a WW2 era ship? Maybe they bought it from the US?

Mar 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: Thomas, for a Catholic your reactions on this subject are baffling. Did you even open the two lin...

--hide--

Peter: Israel retaliates when they are attacked. The Palestinians should not shoot rockets at Israel.

Posts 41 - 50 of 115