Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Mar 7th 2013 new

The Iranians could very well have a US WWII ship. We sold quite a bit of our outdated military equipment and some we even gave out to our friends. If you ever go to Greece, if you are in some of the right spots.....you'll hear them. The first time this happened to me I was startled, because you can TELL it's a WWII engine, long before you see it. Anyway so many of our outdated weapons have been passed around a sold.

Mar 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: Thomas, for a Catholic your reactions on this subject are baffling. Did you even open the two lin...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

Thomas, for a Catholic your reactions on this subject are baffling. Did you even open the two links I provided which were pro Israel and pro peace? I have posted nothing anti-Semitic at all- as I said before most of my sources on this subject are Israeli. My God man, are you a lobbyist for AIPAC? There is a major difference between what the Catholic Church teaches us about getting along with our neighbors and what the crazy Christian Zionist movement puts out there. Are they your source for news? Did you not read the sarcasm in my words when I said Israel appears to have a special dispensation from God granting it immunity from criticism of it's human rights violations? You actually believe they do!

Here is a tally of Palestinian deaths vs. Israeli deaths since 2000:

http://www.ifamericansknew.org

--hide--

I pretty much concur with what Thomas has written. I think he is on the money, and I do not watch the show that
he watches.

Mar 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Marissa-529206 said: The Iranians could very well have a US WWII ship. We sold quite a bit of our outdated military ...
(Quote) Marissa-529206 said:

The Iranians could very well have a US WWII ship. We sold quite a bit of our outdated military equipment and some we even gave out to our friends. If you ever go to Greece, if you are in some of the right spots.....you'll hear them. The first time this happened to me I was startled, because you can TELL it's a WWII engine, long before you see it. Anyway so many of our outdated weapons have been passed around a sold.

--hide--

Marissa: You peaked my interest. How would you know it was a WW2 engine long before you see it? I have no
idea about WW2 engines or regular ones. Unless, of course, it sounded like it was on its last leg.

Mar 7th 2013 new

Part of the problem is you can't trust any of the news that comes out of Palestine. You simply can't. I mean some of it is flat out lies to make Isreal look bad. They've been doing it for 20years and have been caught doing it by the international community many, many times. Yet the same Hamas leaders that did this about 10 to 15 years ago are now in the Parliament in Palestine. In fact, the Palestinian gov't is now controlled by the Hamas completely. They also control 80% of the money in the country. Unlike Israel where the money is mainly controlled by people. If they wanted there to be peace, they wouldn't be allowing the bombing of their own citizens by their own people....just because those citizens work in an Israeli owned company. If you even so much look at someone from Israel now you are a traitor. The problem is Hamas took over the Parliament. So I won't believe any information that given by them, they are a terrorist group that is very much interested in the destruction of Israel. And as much as I don't want our boys to die. We have a military for a reason. Of course, right now our military isn't really equipped to do anything....so IF our President wanted to do something....he better increase funding....because we have outdated weapons. And Iran is getting alot of their defense support from China...who has better weapons than we do...and from Russia...although I haven't really heard anything about Russia....so I'm guessing they are just as behind as we are.

Mar 7th 2013 new

They have an entirely different sound. A hum. My uncle flew one in Vietnam. It's smooth. It's very, very distinctive. Especially compared with the aircraft everyone uses today. Although they aren't used for fighting they are used for lots of things over in Europe. It's like growing up on a farm, you can tell the difference between the sound of a combine, a tractor....I can tell the difference between the years tractors were made....but that's obvious because of the smoke-stack. I love military stuff. Next to money it's my favorite thing to study

Mar 7th 2013 new

If you are ever standing there.....and you feel like you just came out of a WWII movie. Not a war movie, but SPECIFICALLY WWII.....and you feel very nostalgic.....that's probably it...hahaha

Mar 7th 2013 new

I can't believe there is a site for this....www.soundsnap.com AHHHH...I love the sound of engines!!!

Mar 7th 2013 new

Okay the website given..."If Americans Knew"....is VERY subjective. I can tell you that alot of it comes from Palestine. For instance, does it not suprise ANYONE that while one of the most active terrorist groups HAMAS(which was formed to take back the land that was taken from them "Israel" back at the time of Isaac and Ishmael). Which believes a Muslim is a traitor if they so much as befriend and Israeli has not manage to destroy any homes on the Israeli side? Boy, they are really bad at being the Hamas. Now zero Israeli's being held by Palestine...that is probably true. One of their policies is to take no one alive. This, unfortunately means people dissappear all the time. And Palestininians do not have ANY houses on Israeli land. Of course they don't....because they do not consider true Palestinians to be Palestinian if they associate with Israel....and I'm pretty sure everyone knows that there are Palestinian settlements in Israel. I'm not even sure how that can be on that website.....that is the weirdest website I've ever seen. But of course the unemployment is high.....Hamas controls 80% of the wealth in Palestine.....that's why there is high unemployment. Consequently they have the same problem in France. Except their gov't isn't Muslim. It's secular.

Mar 7th 2013 new

Actually, nowhere on that site does it list where they get their resources....try to find it. Also they take donations that AID Palestine. Are you kidding me? This is horrible!

Mar 7th 2013 new

They site Remember These Children....which I find unusual, as I've never heard of them as far as collecting data. In no books about the Arab conflict. Normally they quote actual well-known census groups. I don't think this is a reputable site.

Posts 51 - 60 of 115