Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

03/07/2013 new

I agree about the majority of the Muslim people. Any that I have met or know about here are mainly interested in being able to worship as they believe, earning a living so they can support their families, making friends, paying attention to their children's educations, etc.

It is interesting to note that Israel gets the largest amount of foreign aid from the U.S., most of it in arms and armament-designated monies. I question, given the tragic and life-threatening circumstances of so many Third World countries that desperately need aid in the face of drought and other natural castastrophes, why we are giving so much to a First World country, just so it can use what we give to do harm to Palestinians. I suppose that, too, is an explosive topic!

03/07/2013 new

(Quote) Kathleen-924756 said: I agree about the majority of the Muslim people. Any that I have met or know about here are ma...
(Quote) Kathleen-924756 said:

I agree about the majority of the Muslim people. Any that I have met or know about here are mainly interested in being able to worship as they believe, earning a living so they can support their families, making friends, paying attention to their children's educations, etc.

It is interesting to note that Israel gets the largest amount of foreign aid from the U.S., most of it in arms and armament-designated monies. I question, given the tragic and life-threatening circumstances of so many Third World countries that desperately need aid in the face of drought and other natural castastrophes, why we are giving so much to a First World country, just so it can use what we give to do harm to Palestinians. I suppose that, too, is an explosive topic!

--hide--
Thank you Kathleen, but be careful- defending the 'wrong' people can get you in hot water from the Christian Zionist faction here! No one group of people should get a free pass to oppress another group of people. Pretty straightforward. The lesson I took out of the Washington, DC Holocaust Museum was that it is our responsibility to speak up no matter who the oppressor, no matter who the oppressed. By their actions, the current leadership in Israel insults the memory of the Holocaust and it's survivors.

Here is something to ponder: notsylvia.wordpress.com

Two Oscar nominees for best documentary worth watching: "5 Broken Cameras" and "The Gatekeepers." I'm burned out- nothing more from me on this subject. Sticking to humor for a while!

Blessings to you! theheart

03/07/2013 new

(Quote) Thomas-699657 said: I just saying that is how they see it and that is what will make them fight for every inch. I me...
(Quote) Thomas-699657 said:

I just saying that is how they see it and that is what will make them fight for every inch. I mean look at there history. It's like every power on earth owned them or persecuted them. How would you feel if you were them.they were slaves more then any other race of people. Think about how long it has taken them to get there country back. They still have not built there temple back. They are surrounded buy enemies and have to be pretty paranoid like every day in that country. I will always side with them, because they are Gods chosen people and have a right to beleft alone. I know the Muslims do not have any honest motives and they never will.

--hide--

Never is a long time, Thomas, and there are a lot of Muslims. You make an...interesting...claim when you claim you know that Muslims will never have an honest motive...

03/08/2013 new

(Quote) ED-20630 said: Concerning just the Suez Canal... I am quite certain that there is an international (proba...
(Quote) ED-20630 said:

Concerning just the Suez Canal...

I am quite certain that there is an international (probably United Nations agreement) agreement that the Suez Canal and the Panama Canal must be available for use by any nation. I don't believe that Egypt can legally prohibit any nation from using the Suez Canal. Early in 2012, Iran tested this by sending one of their warships through the Suez Canal for only the second time since 1979. See the article at >>>

www.theblaze.com

Ed

--hide--

It's not quite that simple, but you're pretty close. Close enough unless somebody really wants to get into specifics.

That being said, Egypt is still a strategic concern in terms of the Suez Canal in that treaties can be fudged or even ignored.

03/08/2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Didn't that Iranian warship look like a WW2 era ship? Maybe they bought it from th...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

Didn't that Iranian warship look like a WW2 era ship? Maybe they bought it from the US?

--hide--

No, it looks newer to me. I'm too lazy to do any research at the moment, but that ship was built closer to today than to 1945.

Which isn't to say that the Iranians don't have plenty of U.S. hardware. Aside from the fact that we gave/sold plenty to the Shah before his overthrow, Marissa is quite right that we sell lots of our old stuff.

03/08/2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Peter: Israel retaliates when they are attacked. The Palestinians should not shoot roc...

Peter: Israel retaliates when they are attacked. The Palestinians should not shoot rockets at Israel.

--hide--

You are of course correct here. I don't think Peter disagrees with this.

However, the Israelis do get their hands dirty. They are just quieter and stealthier about it. That is what gets Peter riled up.

03/08/2013 new

"Men often hate each other because they fear each other; they fear each other because they don't know each other; they don't know each other because they cannot communicate; they cannot communicate because they are separated."

~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

03/08/2013 new

(Quote) John-336509 said: You are of course correct here. I don't think Peter disagrees with this. Howev...
(Quote) John-336509 said:

You are of course correct here. I don't think Peter disagrees with this.

However, the Israelis do get their hands dirty. They are just quieter and stealthier about it. That is what gets Peter riled up.

--hide--

I really dislike the way the Israeli's push into the Arab land to build more housing complexes. Netanyahu was a prime
mover in the area of pushing into non Israeli lands to build housing. It is not right at all.

03/08/2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: Thank you Kathleen, but be careful- defending the 'wrong' people can get you in hot water...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

Thank you Kathleen, but be careful- defending the 'wrong' people can get you in hot water from the Christian Zionist faction here! No one group of people should get a free pass to oppress another group of people. Pretty straightforward. The lesson I took out of the Washington, DC Holocaust Museum was that it is our responsibility to speak up no matter who the oppressor, no matter who the oppressed. By their actions, the current leadership in Israel insults the memory of the Holocaust and it's survivors.

Here is something to ponder: notsylvia.wordpress.com

Two Oscar nominees for best documentary worth watching: "5 Broken Cameras" and "The Gatekeepers." I'm burned out- nothing more from me on this subject. Sticking to humor for a while!

Blessings to you!

--hide--

I plan to see the Gatekeepers soon. It came around the art houses here just recently.

03/08/2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: I plan to see the Gatekeepers soon. It came around the art houses here just recently.<...

I plan to see the Gatekeepers soon. It came around the art houses here just recently.

--hide--
I'll put that on my list too.

Posts 61 - 70 of 115