Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

03/03/2013 new

(Quote) Dan-656122 said: Yes, annex La Crosse. Although, wouldn't that drive down the IQ average for Minnesota? ...
(Quote) Dan-656122 said:

Yes, annex La Crosse. Although, wouldn't that drive down the IQ average for Minnesota? I keed. I keed.

--hide--

Especially on St. Darwin's Day! eyepopping laughing laughing Yes, my friend, you tease and you keed!

03/03/2013 new

(Quote) Alice-788574 said: Especially on St. Darwin's Day! Yes, my friend, you tease and you keed!
(Quote) Alice-788574 said:

Especially on St. Darwin's Day! Yes, my friend, you tease and you keed!

--hide--

*l* Yes, when I found out there was a Darwin day, I about whipped myself into a lather. *l* I could spend all day reading about Darwin. *l*

03/03/2013 new

(Quote) Alice-788574 said: I'm in. My kids are in St Paul and I'm over there half of my waking hours anyway. Cathedr...
(Quote) Alice-788574 said:

I'm in. My kids are in St Paul and I'm over there half of my waking hours anyway. Cathedral is great - check out their website. Often I'll walk down by the Excel Energy Center for a bite to eat. Burger Moe's is a fun spot with an obvious menu. The Liffey is an Irish bar. Cossetta's is decent, casual Italian.

www.cathedralsaintpaul.org

Look for Mass schedule, daily Confession schedule, events, lectures, etc. The place is hoppin'.

--hide--

Alice, the walk down to the Excel Energy Center from the Cathedral isn't bad, all those cool Irish pubs and antique shops along 7th Street, it's the walk back up the hill to the Cathedral that is the killer ... done it many times laughing

03/03/2013 new

(Quote) Michael-76823 said: Alice, the walk down to the Excel Energy Center from the Cathedral isn't bad, al...
(Quote) Michael-76823 said:

Alice, the walk down to the Excel Energy Center from the Cathedral isn't bad, all those cool Irish pubs and antique shops along 7th Street, it's the walk back up the hill to the Cathedral that is the killer ... done it many times

--hide--

laughing laughing laughing Too funny Michael. Nothing like having the pubs near our Cathedral and thank goodness I'm a practicing Irish Catholic wink It is a very beautiful cathedral! Count me in sometime in September.

03/03/2013 new

(Quote) Cathy-564420 said: Too funny Michael. Nothing like having the pubs near our Cathedral and thank goodness I&...
(Quote) Cathy-564420 said:

Too funny Michael. Nothing like having the pubs near our Cathedral and thank goodness I'm a practicing Irish Catholic It is a very beautiful cathedral! Count me in sometime in September.

--hide--

My favorite day to visit the Cathedral is on March 17th Clover ... it seems every Irish Catholic person in St Paul is jammed in there, along with this lone Norweigian-French-Croatian rolling eyes laughing . The have the procession of all the guys in their feathers (The Hibernians?), then the others in their costumes, followed by what seems to be every cop in town. After Mass, some go down the basement for the corned-beef and cabbage dinner, others head downtown for the same. Then, there is the big parade in the afternoon. Fun day!

03/03/2013 new

(Quote) Michael-76823 said: My favorite day to visit the Cathedral is on March 17th ... it seems every Irish Cat...

My favorite day to visit the Cathedral is on March 17th ... it seems every Irish Catholic person in St Paul is jammed in there, along with this lone Norweigian-French-Croatian . The have the procession of all the guys in their feathers (The Hibernians?), then the others in their costumes, followed by what seems to be every cop in town. After Mass, some go down the basement for the corned-beef and cabbage dinner, others head downtown for the same. Then, there is the big parade in the afternoon. Fun day!

--hide--

Yes, Cathedral on St Patrick's day is special. The Mass is presided over by the Archbishop or an auxiliary. The guys in their feathers are from the Knights of Columbus, which is a fraternity founded by an Irish priest and are protectors of the ordained and the Eucharist, thus they are present at that Mass. The meal after Mass is a brunch sponsored by the Hibernians and features eggs, potatoes w/onions and peppers, bacon, sausage, pastries, donuts, and beverages.

If the group was to walk down to St Paul, we could always check out Rice Park, which is always nice or if anyone is interested, I know there's a mini golf course out by the Science museum on the side facing the river. Yes, lots of good pubs to choose from on 7th St, that would be fun to walk down there and check them out.

03/03/2013 new

(Quote) Michael-76823 said: Alice, the walk down to the Excel Energy Center from the Cathedral isn't bad, al...

Alice, the walk down to the Excel Energy Center from the Cathedral isn't bad, all those cool Irish pubs and antique shops along 7th Street, it's the walk back up the hill to the Cathedral that is the killer ... done it many times

--hide--

Try biking it! Ramsey Hill is a short, but heart-stopping climb from Children's Hospital to Summit Ave.

Poking around Lowertown was one of my favorite activities until I went into suburban exile. I miss living in St. Paul! sad

Jun 02 new
Ok folks, St Paul in the Fall (sounds kinda catchy, don't it?). We're all pumped and infused with the Holy Spirit after the Shrine trip, so let's strike up a plan while the iron's hot! Gotta do this before Labor Day because, as a teacher-type, my time for planning will RAPIDLY diminish. Ideas? Cathedral of St Paul? Lunch? Lots of things to do. Museums, State Fair, concerts, sports....hey, did you know I have a fascination for cycling? Could wander around the incredibly enormous mecca of materialism, Mall of America...or not. Rapid fire brainstorming. Bring it on for a sometime in August. Peace to all! Alice
Jun 02 new
(quote) Alice-788574 said: Ok folks, St Paul in the Fall (sounds kinda catchy, don't it?). We're all pumped and infused with the Holy Spirit after the Shrine trip, so let's strike up a plan while the iron's hot! Gotta do this before Labor Day because, as a teacher-type, my time for planning will RAPIDLY diminish. Ideas? Cathedral of St Paul? Lunch? Lots of things to do. Museums, State Fair, concerts, sports....hey, did you know I have a fascination for cycling? Could wander around the incredibly enormous mecca of materialism, Mall of America...or not. Rapid fire brainstorming. Bring it on for a sometime in August. Peace to all! Alice
One idea I thought of was, praying the rosary in front of planned parenthood, as well as attending mass, having lunch, and maybe go to the Minnesota Science Museum or the Minnesota Zoo. Just a thought.
Jun 03 new
I would love to do something in St. Paul. Fall is a great time of year to catch the Fall Festivals at many churches (funny how that works, huh?). That being said, I probably won't be able to make it if the get-together is on the the fourth weekend of September because I'll be busy at my parish's fall festival.
Posts 11 - 20 of 27