Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

Jun 3rd 2013 new
I'm beginning to think about Stillwater during a weekend in October - explore the historic town, and Loome's Theological Bookseller for all the Theology geeks out there...spend some time at an apple orchard...Sunday Mass at the Cathedral of St Paul.

A big Hmmmmm..... if you build it, they will come....
Jun 3rd 2013 new
I would be interested in a get together in St. Paul or Stillwater, or really anywhere in Minnesota. I was not able to make the event on June 1st and I am sorry I missed it. There is also the Minnesota History Center in St. Paul by the Catherdal. They have a place where you can buy lunch. Just a thought if you go with St. Paul rather than Stillwater. All of these ideas sound great.
Jun 3rd 2013 new
(quote) Alice-788574 said: I'm beginning to think about Stillwater during a weekend in October - explore the historic town, and Loome's Theological Bookseller for all the Theology geeks out there...spend some time at an apple orchard...Sunday Mass at the Cathedral of St Paul.

A big Hmmmmm..... if you build it, they will come....
funny, I was thinking about Stillwater in October earlier today as well... great minds thinking alike!

One fun thing that happens in October is the annual pumpkin festival Jack O Lantern ... I have a friend there who I met on CM several years ago, and we went to the pumpkin festival a couple years back and got to see the world record, well over half a ton. It was just past the peak of fall colours along the St Croix, but still pretty. I'm sure there are other festivals as well there around that time of the year, and Loome's is a must see (my friend's daughter used to work there).

IF I'm still around MN at that time, I'd enjoy a Stillwater event!
Jun 3rd 2013 new
Mmhmm. Definitely leaning toward Stillwater. I'm going to let the idea rest for a few weeks before I start conniving in earnest.
Jun 3rd 2013 new
Alice! Definitely do a Stillwater trip!!! I lived there for several years when I was a child and my folks loved the area! I still have family there, and I'll bet my cousin who's on here would even come to your event!! :) (If I happen to be visiting around that time, I just might too!) stillwaterfallartfair.com This looked cool.........
Jun 4th 2013 new
This could be very intriguing. MN is one of the six States of the Lower 48 I've never been to. Will the Twins be at home? laughing laughing laughing I have a habit of ballparks and visiting new places.
Jun 4th 2013 new
(quote) Allen-311949 said: This could be very intriguing. MN is one of the six States of the Lower 48 I've never been to. Will the Twins be at home? I have a habit of ballparks and visiting new places.
Stillwater is a wonderful town, I'd love to have a meet-up there.

Allen, at that point the Twins will probably have washed out. irked
Posts 21 - 27 of 27