Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

Mar 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Paul-954336 said: It has been said that if God doesn't destroy L.A. and San Francisco, then he owes sodom and Go...
(Quote) Paul-954336 said:

It has been said that if God doesn't destroy L.A. and San Francisco, then he owes sodom and Gomorrah and apology. While I cannot comment on the efficacy of this statement, it is obvious that moral relativism and the radical changes in both the media and the liberal left have caused a monumental shift in what once stood for morals. You can view this in the simple adoption of the lifestyles portrayed in "Two and a half Men." This would have shocked an audience 20 years ago, but now just passes for normal attitudes and behavior. While it horrifies me, my brother and sister-in-law see nothing wrong with their children watching as show such as this without ever understanding the spiritual underpinnings and moral depravity that shows like this portray. All I can say to those concerned is that only you can make the choice of following the correct and moral path and rely on the Church to ber your guide. My feeling is that things are going to get much worse and that the evil one is going to have more and more influence on the further degradation of morals witrh the hopes of casting more and more into the depths of Hell. Listen to the messages of St. Lucia from Fatima who has said that souls with fall into hell like raindrops due to the sins o0f the flesh. But we have hope! Abd so please relay on Christ, the Blessed Mother and the Church to keep you strong and pure!

--hide--

Paul,
Thank you for posting this.

Mar 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Paul-954336 said: It has been said that if God doesn't destroy L.A. and San Francisco, then he owes sodom and Go...
(Quote) Paul-954336 said:

It has been said that if God doesn't destroy L.A. and San Francisco, then he owes sodom and Gomorrah and apology. While I cannot comment on the efficacy of this statement, it is obvious that moral relativism and the radical changes in both the media and the liberal left have caused a monumental shift in what once stood for morals. You can view this in the simple adoption of the lifestyles portrayed in "Two and a half Men." This would have shocked an audience 20 years ago, but now just passes for normal attitudes and behavior. While it horrifies me, my brother and sister-in-law see nothing wrong with their children watching as show such as this without ever understanding the spiritual underpinnings and moral depravity that shows like this portray. All I can say to those concerned is that only you can make the choice of following the correct and moral path and rely on the Church to ber your guide. My feeling is that things are going to get much worse and that the evil one is going to have more and more influence on the further degradation of morals witrh the hopes of casting more and more into the depths of Hell. Listen to the messages of St. Lucia from Fatima who has said that souls with fall into hell like raindrops due to the sins o0f the flesh. But we have hope! Abd so please relay on Christ, the Blessed Mother and the Church to keep you strong and pure!

--hide--

And Welcome to the forums.

Mar 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: IMO, there's a lot of sickness and dysfunction and resentment behind many of the comments. Mu...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

IMO, there's a lot of sickness and dysfunction and resentment behind many of the comments. Must we always discuss sex sex sex?? We look ridiculous.

--hide--

And your opinion is backed up by what background in psychiatry/psychology?

Mar 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-936499 said: Me too. I've got enough on my plate just worrying about the state of my soul on a day to da...
(Quote) Beverly-936499 said:

Me too. I've got enough on my plate just worrying about the state of my soul on a day to day basis. We know the rules. We can choose to abide by them or not, but ultimately we will answer to no one on this site, but the ultimate arbiter of whether we did it right or wrong. My day to day prayer is that my walk in faith will be more influential than my talk about faith.

--hide--

There are a number regular contributors to these discussions who obstinately post opinions that are contrary to our faith. Whether they know the rules or not I don't know -- all I know is what they post. My reason for continuing to engage in these discussions (if you can call them that) is not that I think I will change their minds -- but to do my best to make sure anyone who stumbles across the conversation will not see serious moral errors that are not corrected.

You are absolutely correct in saying that how we walk the walk is more important than how we talk the talk. However, keep in mind that in forums such as this, the walk and the talk are one and the same.

Mar 23rd 2013 new

Great post, Paul! I think that more places than LA and SF will be part of that chastisement!

Mar 23rd 2013 new
I think that a big part of the problem is that there are not enough singles who follow the church's teachings.

Some of this may be regional in part. In So. CA, many fall away early. More are baptized Catholics, who would identify themselves as Catholics, (and I include some members of my own extended family here), yet they do not practice the faith, e.g., attend mass regularly, or following the church's teachings.

The idea that CA has many Catholics is very misleading: the bulk do not practice the faith to the extent that they could be correctly identified as a 7/7. Those who do practice regularly and continually, represent a small niche of very good Catholics.

I myself, have been referred to as a "nun." I certainly do not have a problem with that label, as I have known some nuns who I liked very much. Probably it would have bothered me if called that earlier in life though.

One wants to "fit-in" with the culture of one's region, and that is certainly very difficult if living in a liberal area like CA. Traditionally, San Diego has been much more politically conservative than San Francisco or Los Angeles, but that is changing. For example, I do not express publically that I am politically against gay marriage, for example, except by signing petitions and voting against it. Others who are not Catholic see it as not being legally fair.
Mar 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Angela-374523 said: Hi Ann, You are not alone. I too have watched many people raised Catholic walk away from ...
(Quote) Angela-374523 said:

Hi Ann,

You are not alone. I too have watched many people raised Catholic walk away from the Church and its teachings. It is very painful. It is very painful to listen to them criticize the Church. It is equally painful to have Catholics criticize each other because they do not agree with each other on point X or point Y.

Nevertheless, you will find more support here for living a faithful Catholic life as a single person than in a lot of other places. I rely on it. The teachings of the Catholic Church, the Ten Commandments, the Beatitudes and the Gospels can inform us, but there is no manual for what to do in particular situations – we must continually stay connected to our faith through Mass attendance, the Sacraments and prayer so that we do not have to look far
for the answers that we are seeking about a particular situation.

--hide--

Hi Angela,

Thank you for your understanding and support. It is nice to hear that people do have the same views, beliefs, and convictions here.

God bless!

: ) Ann hug

Posts 81 - 87 of 87