Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Mar 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Patrick-341178 said: (Quote) Patrick-624504 said: I believe that guys if these are y...
(Quote) Patrick-341178 said:

Quote:
Patrick-624504 said:

I believe that guys if these are your reasons you owe it to be truthful and say so. A simple emotigram of thanks but no thanks at this time, or message to give deeper reasons. Just common courtesy

I am not sure why you are all worked up about this. She asked for reasons why men act the way they that do? I answered her question.

--hide--

Thsi is very kind of you. There were very few persons who were willing to answer the actual question. Thank you.

Mar 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: Patrick- This is a very good post. One of the best I have seen in years! Thank you. Thank...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

Patrick- This is a very good post. One of the best I have seen in years! Thank you. Thank you again. It looks like # 4 just can't cope with it and the woman should give up? Sometimes a guy will be at number 4 and he can't move forward. I think I dated someone like this not terribly long ago. There was anxiety on each date between both of us. I think he decided not to rock his own boat.

--hide--

One of the best you've seen in years? WOW... I am so honored.

I respectfully disagree with you on #4. That is just a natural reaction in a man. My experience in dating is that when it starts to take more of a serious turn, the woman seems to want to monopolize all of the man's time. Thus, the man starts to resent the woman's actions and tries to distance himself from her.

The woman shouldn't freak out about this. Just work with the man and give him more space. He will then likely appreciate the woman and want to spend even more time with her.

Mar 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Patrick-341178 said: I am not sure why you are all worked up about this. She asked for reasons why m...

I am not sure why you are all worked up about this. She asked for reasons why men act the way they that do? I answered her question.

--hide--

Mate Im not worked up over anything, Im a GUY. Im just saying that P O L I T E N E S S dictates an explanation your reply is more worked up than me

Mar 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Patrick-624504 said: Mate Im not worked up over anything, Im a GUY. Im just saying that P O L I T E N E S S...
(Quote) Patrick-624504 said:

Mate Im not worked up over anything, Im a GUY. Im just saying that P O L I T E N E S S dictates an explanation your reply is more worked up than me

--hide--

How was I being rude? She said she was laying it on the line and wanted to know why men keep their options open. I gave her an explanation. I have absoultely no idea why you feel the way you do. Maybe things are different in the southern hemisphere. I don't know.

Mar 7th 2013 new
(Quote) Patrick-624504 said: I dont believe it is disrespectful or immature, as we do this in real life in social situatio...
(Quote) Patrick-624504 said:

I dont believe it is disrespectful or immature, as we do this in real life in social situations, UNTILL you both decide to go one-on-one. Once exclusive it behoves both parties to inform others in their circle that they are going to go exclusive with another, and reduce any colateral contact to the level of friends.

--hide--

But a dating relationship, or pre-dating relationship is not merely a social situation: it is getting to know someone on the premise that there is a romantic interest. There is a very big difference between the two.

In a real-time dating situation, if I found that someone I agreed to date, was simultaneously dating others, he would not get one date out of me.
Mar 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Patrick-341178 said: How was I being rude? She said she was laying it on the line and wanted to know why...

How was I being rude? She said she was laying it on the line and wanted to know why men keep their options open. I gave her an explanation. I have absoultely no idea why you feel the way you do. Maybe things are different in the southern hemisphere. I don't know.

--hide--

Gees mate I never said rude by ommission or commission, I said I merely said it was polite to give a reason. Is English your second language? I can reply in French, Spanish or Italian if it would help

Mar 7th 2013 new
(Quote) Patrick-341178 said: How was I being rude? She said she was laying it on the line and wanted to know why men keep the...

--hide--

Look at this laughing

Two seemingly intelligent men having to argue a point. Black and white. White and black. One must win, one must lose. Where is the teamwork?
Mar 7th 2013 new
And so why do we women, wonder and ponder why men cannot do a relationship? Look at who we are relegated to. Men cannot expect that they can lead a relationship or a family, if they do not know how to communicate or negotiate, with us or among themselves.

If men act as children in dating, they cannot be respected to lead much of anything or anybody.
Mar 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Patrick-341178 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: Patrick- This is a very good post. On...

Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

Patrick- This is a very good post. One of the best I have seen in years! Thank you. Thank you again. It looks like # 4 just can't cope with it and the woman should give up? Sometimes a guy will be at number 4 and he can't move forward. I think I dated someone like this not terribly long ago. There was anxiety on each date between both of us. I think he decided not to rock his own boat.

One of the best you've seen in years? WOW... I am so honored.

I respectfully disagree with you on #4. That is just a natural reaction in a man. My experience in dating is that when it starts to take more of a serious turn, the woman seems to want to monopolize all of the man's time. Thus, the man starts to resent the woman's actions and tries to distance himself from her.

The woman shouldn't freak out about this. Just work with the man and give him more space. He will then likely appreciate the woman and want to spend even more time with her.

--hide--

This makes sense. I dated someone who probably can't be with anyone because he has many issues besides the ones you mentioned- but along with the ones you mentioned. In that case with this guy-- I eventually gave up.

Your post was positive nad offered open communication. There were many exmaples where this did not happen earlier in this thread. I have been here a while and I am tired of certain hostilities. I thought your post was helpful and polite and humble. When I brough up players many here could nto stand that I used the word predator. So I thought your post was good because you offered a good overview of the issue. Many don't do much of that.

Mar 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Jacqueline-556574 said: Look at this Two seemingly intelligent men having to argue a point. Black and white...
(Quote) Jacqueline-556574 said:

Look at this

Two seemingly intelligent men having to argue a point. Black and white. White and black. One must win, one must lose. Where is the teamwork?
--hide--

he started it..... lol

Posts 181 - 190 of 200